Official - Windows 10 Worst Crap Ever!

bookie32

Gotta love the topic title!  What more needs to be said?  :thumbdown

That's what happens when you give the job to a bunch of post teenagers that don't know the difference between a real computer and a toy id*** phone.  :rolleyes:

I was looking for a thread in the XP forum today, and accidentally clicked the last page button, which transported me all the way back to September 11, 2001 (definitely not a day worth reliving), and among those threads, there was one regarding XP, of course, and it goes as follows:

I don't trust Microsoft first. Second, I don't know what's being transmitted to them from my computer and what information they might want to gleam from it. .NET strategy seems okay but there's a trend towards automating a lot of the stuff I'd rather do myself (like set the time). The whole point of the thread was wodnering what Microsoft might do by probing systems. I think they've already got enough stuff built into XP that it will "phone home" enough on it's own without them having to probe for anything.

This reminded me exactly of Windows 10, 18 years later! What MS was doing back then is nothing compared to what they're doing now. I also remember a whole bunch of hoopla regarding Activation (XP, as we all know, was the first Windows version to have it), but now we all pretty much accept it as a force of nature, for the most part.

Goes to show that some things never change, and MS will never let up on some of their shady business tactics (if anything, they've gotten worse).

c

And I also found this (posted on 9/20/01):

It could be worse...

The Blackcomb video I saw suggested that it will go with the AOL approach... The OS will cost nothing (or next to nothing), but all the functionality will be subscription-based (I recall him metioning $0.75US a month to share calendars, for example....).

It turned out nearly the same way (with the exception of the requirement of a 7/8.x licence), and of course the subscription part only presently applies to Office (taken up by fools I say).

Going back to Windows 10 as it is presently, I've noticed some more UI inconsistencies; at school, I usually right-click start to sign out of my account. But when using a laptop there, I only had the option to "shut down or restart" and apparently I had to go somewhere in the start menu to sign out instead.

I use Open-Shell on my Windows 10, and make the menu work like Windows 95.

Edited by win32

I think The Verge article is fake news.

It is only that Microsoft does not stuck new feature but fix the defective of Windows 10.

[The VERGE] It is a Fake News about "Microsoft confirms you really, really don’t need to ‘safely remove’ USB flash drives anymore"

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1981305.html

Microsoft confirms you really, really don’t need to ‘safely remove’ USB flash drives anymore - The Verge

https://www.theverge.com/2019/4/8/18300734/microsoft-safely-remove-eject-usb-flash-drive-not-needed-windows-10

In my experience, very few people actually take advantage of the write cache policy options that Windows XP introduced and do the complete safe ejection process; though I think it's partially because Mac OS X took forever to implement them (or disabled by default).

It's a real kick in the pants to see a feature introduced with XP being misappropriated as a "new" feature of a product released 17 years later; especially considering the timing of the former's EOS, it feels like the OS has been robbed of its place in the evolution of Microsoft Windows. It reminds me of the Server 2003 offline help files that claim that win2k didn't have an integrated compatibility mode module. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Exciting new Win 10 coming down the line, 19H1 > 19H2 > 20H1.  Sort of like American politics, there is a lot of fertilizer to spread on the fields.  The old Dell laptops, one 32 bit and one 64 bit, have installed the latest Insider Win 10 Pro with no problems.  The old Mac Book is running the released Win 10 Pro, 32 bit, under BootCamp.  Could it be that the crap is beginning to turn?  Probably not when you consider the politics.  But no Clean Build has been required for some time now.  Still, Ccleaner pulled out about 150 trackers on this last Insider update.  :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Many of the win10 machines at my school display this on the taskbar:

win10sucks.png.54fee0bbe46376bd66780e36a92e2e02.png

Clicking on the placeholder just launches more instances of M$ Edge.

And I just looked over my system restore points and found this:

Untitled.png.eb13c070b20cf1355d44270d93c02fc4.png

I don't get it. This is a Kaby Lake laptop with only Intel HD Graphics 620 so, unfortunately, I can't replace it with the extremely superior Windows XP Professional. :thumbdown

I never really encountered bugs in Windows 2000, XP, Server 2003 or 7, but 10 is a real piece of work.

Shall I go on about the win32 calculator from 7 that crashes whenever I try to convert units? Or the dark theme trying to take on the control panel?

I'm on the February level of updates. Maybe I'll update next week.

Edited by win32

3 hours ago, win32 said:

Many of the win10 machines at my school display this on the taskbar:

win10sucks.png.54fee0bbe46376bd66780e36a92e2e02.png

Clicking on the placeholder just launches more instances of M$ Edge.

And I just looked over my system restore points and found this:

Untitled.png.eb13c070b20cf1355d44270d93c02fc4.png

I don't get it. This is a Kaby Lake laptop with only Intel HD Graphics 620 so, unfortunately, I can't replace it with the extremely superior Windows XP Professional. :thumbdown

I never really encountered bugs in Windows 2000, XP, Server 2003 or 7, but 10 is a real piece of work.

Shall I go on about the win32 calculator from 7 that crashes whenever I try to convert units? Or the dark theme trying to take on the control panel?

I'm on the February level of updates. Maybe I'll update next week.

I can't say with all honesty when I named this thread that Windows 10 would live up to its name...but it does and just continues....

I have probably written this before....but when Windows 10 was first offered as a "free" update I sort of got a bad feeling about it.....Microsoft had never in all the years of me using it been so blatent about wanting us to have a product that they have offered it for free....as they would like people to think....It didn't get the interest that they expected and then it got offered as a "recommended update" and we all know what that means.....unless otherwise stated your computer will install Windows 10 at 11pm in the evening or the first time you have your computer on after that.....

I still have the words of a customer so upset by this but still maintaining that "Microsoft would not do such a thing"....but even he listened to me in the end and accepted things for what they are.....

A friend of mine works at a local company about 10 employees..they came to work one morning and there and behold was Windows upgrading to Windows 10....I think everyone was too shocked to do anything about it and after a while learned to live with it......

Microsoft caused so much upset with this "recommended update" way of making sure you end up with Windows 10 that the tabloids in Fleet Street London wrote about it......but over 4 years later everyone is just getting on with things and accepting this is what Microsoft are offering..."what do we do" is something many of my customers have said over and over again.....

The fact that this thread continues to get attention just goes to show me that "Official - Windows 10 Worst Crap Ever!" still rings true to this day and I can't see it changing....

Not only have we a company that I was once naive enough to trust with updating my computer...that has decended into what it is today!!

The development team are getting younger and younger....ok to have new blood but they need to get out of nappies/daipers first....

Will Microsoft be that company that I once respected I don't think so....

Will they care about support representatives taking over computers to fix them remotely and then using third party sites to look for solutions to the problem... I don't think so....

So, we are left with this s*** and have to put up with it....or do we....

I have started telling ordinary customers that have computers that don't support Windows 10 that we can install linux instead...many just need the internet and a way to write documents....Linux is getting easier and easier....as it is customers come to me with their Microsoft problems....don't see any difference if they come with Linux problems...

bookie32

22 hours ago, bookie32 said:

I have started telling ordinary customers that have computers that don't support Windows 10 that we can install linux instead...many just need the internet and a way to write documents....Linux is getting easier and easier....as it is customers come to me with their Microsoft problems....don't see any difference if they come with Linux problems...

I did the same but with the difference I recommend MacOS to people in my age, for a hazel free computing...

btw, Linux Mint is a very good substitute for windows...

Edited by mikedigitize
Moore text