Official - Windows 10 Worst Crap Ever!

bookie32

Hi guys!

Can we keep on track here....I, as many others, still offer the best help I can to my customers that have upgraded or bought Windows 10 so when a member asks for help then it should be their subject we are commenting on....I admit I am as bad as the rest of us....love condemning this crap for what it is....crap....but not everyone shares my opinion and I respect that....

Was at a local store where of course they push Windows 10....that is all that is left...and a guy I spoke to couldn't understand why I felt so strongly about it being crap.....he was a salesman and not a repairman.....Firstly, they are conditioned into selling what their company wants them to and secondly...it amases me how many I have actually talked to that still have Windows 7 because Windows 10 is crap.....and then say to me they don't know why I feel so strongly against it....lol

Go figure.....:buehehe:

bookie32

Edited by bookie32

1. disable automatic windows update - should be recommened.

a. if you want to use windows update - only install office updates manually using WUMT / WUMGR / PowerShell

b. remove ms office and install a free office then you won't have to bother with wu.

c. don't install drivers from wu as they are usually out of date.

d. make sure insiders programme is not active so you don't accidently upgrade to some broken beta.

installing the big a** "hotfixes" stopped working for me ages ago (failed configuring update error and the repair component store thing never worked either as it always said source files missing when they weren't) so i don't bother with them, i just integrate them in my install media and then do an inplace upgrade to get the fixes applied. never had hotfix failures till after windows 8.1. only time updates failed to install was when the updates themselves were broken and you got an error before they even installed while still on the desktop. component store of windows 10 is a pain in the a**.

2. use O&O shutup10 to disable all the privacy concerns + blackbird to check system

a. disable all services not required for general use

b. disable *all event logs except app, sys, sec and setup and few others (*will list others later)

3. uninstall windows apps + store

4. install a 3rd party start menu

5. don't you edge, it sucks. use a better browser. (can't easily backup settings, bookmarks, extensions)

i recommend Pale Moon fork of Firefox, it still offers customization, uses under half the amount of memory quantum, chrome, opera, no webextensions. leaves out all the bloat that quantum has. you can install lots of addons and still have LOW memory usage.

for example quantum with ebay / youtube open i had 1.2gb of memory in use

but on pale moon i have 4xx-7xxmb max, drops down to 4xx-5xxmb when a page finishes loading. quantum didn't seem to release memory, just climbed and climbed...

best of all, classic firefox ui!!!! = customization / skins etc.

FoxE9.jpg I like classic stuff.

Edited by RanCorX2

Version 1809 is a mess. Notifications don't work with background apps setting off, resolution switches can cause them to appear off-screen and it complains about the firewall being turned off even with firewall monitoring disabled.

Also the bloody thing eats 1,5 GB of RAM when just staring at the empty desktop. It was approximately 1,1 GB or so with version 1803 on my end.

2 hours ago, UCyborg said:

Also the bloody thing eats 1,5 GB of RAM when just staring at the empty desktop. It was approximately 1,1 GB or so with version 1803 on my end.

You can try to not looking at the screen ;), and/or start saying aloud "I am not going to work with this computer today, it seems like a perfect day for a walk outside" or similar, maybe it works like boiling water for tea :dubbio:

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/308

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/308/308-h/308-h.htm

We put the kettle on to boil, up in the nose of the boat, and went down to the stern and pretended to take no notice of it, but set to work to get the other things out.

That is the only way to get a kettle to boil up the river.  If it sees that you are waiting for it and are anxious, it will never even sing.  You have to go away and begin your meal, as if you were not going to have any tea at all.  You must not even look round at it.  Then you will soon hear it sputtering away, mad to be made into tea.

It is a good plan, too, if you are in a great hurry, to talk very loudly to each other about how you don’t need any tea, and are not going to have any.  You get near the kettle, so that it can overhear you, and then you shout out, “I don’t want any tea; do you, George?” to which George shouts back, “Oh, no, I don’t like tea; we’ll have lemonade instead—tea’s so indigestible.”  Upon which the kettle boils over, and puts the stove out.

We adopted this harmless bit of trickery, and the result was that, by the time everything else was ready, the tea was waiting.

and it decreases the amount of memory in use ...

jaclaz

That thing with 1,5 GB RAM was yesterday. It's better today (at 1.25). Can't tell what it was, must have been something made by Microsoft. ;) Something not residing in the user session...

They copied link to the Media streaming options from the Network and Sharing Center -> Change advanced sharing options to the main panel of Network and Sharing Center on the left side. The task PerformRemediation, the one that "Helps recover update-related services to the supported configuration." is disabled by default. It doesn't try to update with Configure Automatic Updates policy disabled anymore when you visit Windows Update page in Settings like in 1803, the way it should have been all along anyway. Same with Function Discovery* services that need manual intervention on 1803 for them to start if needed.

If code compiles, ship it!

3 hours ago, jaclaz said:

You can try to not looking at the screen ;), and/or start saying aloud "I am not going to work with this computer today, it seems like a perfect day for a walk outside" or similar, maybe it works like boiling water for tea :dubbio:

It really was a perfect day for a walk today. :)

11 hours ago, RanCorX2 said:

broken builds, broken hotfixes, they sure do like breaking stuff. thanks for the heads up, will not be integrating that in my next updated iso.

It's Patch Tuesday, so here's KB4471324. There are still known issues.

Is there anything interesting here?

OcxLmPC.png

Or am I looking for some other number? The only difference on the software side are the newer graphics drivers, 397.93 -> 411.63.

Also noticed in event log that dwm.exe crashes when logging off/shutting down, the same happens on 1803 on my end. Doesn't matter whether Aero Glass and custom visual style are present. Speaking of visual styles, looks they were updated a bit to support dark mode in File Explorer. Now compare this to one of the full blown dark themes made years ago: https://www.deviantart.com/bigcyco1/art/purgatory-181435735 The dark mode in its current form is just another inconsistency.

Not much else besides the usual crap. Might just be the footprint of all the services. I just find it odd that it fluctuates, eg. at one point when I don't have anything open it's 1,25 GB and at the other it's 1,5 GB. Do fluctuations in standby memory also have anything to with it? If I understand correctly, it shouldn't, but who knows. Today, it's at 1,57 GB.

Image Name                     PID Session Name        Session#    Mem Usage Status          User Name                                              CPU Time Window Title                                                            
========================= ======== ================ =========== ============ =============== ================================================== ============ ========================================================================
System Idle Process              0 Services                   0          8 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                    30:55:40 N/A                                                                     
System                           4 Services                   0      2.484 K Unknown         N/A                                                     0:08:52 N/A                                                                     
Registry                       104 Services                   0     42.996 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:01 N/A                                                                     
smss.exe                       520 Services                   0        564 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
csrss.exe                      784 Services                   0      2.308 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:02 N/A                                                                     
wininit.exe                    872 Services                   0      3.108 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
services.exe                   944 Services                   0      6.752 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:20 N/A                                                                     
lsass.exe                      960 Services                   0      9.828 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:08 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                    864 Services                   0      1.072 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                    984 Services                   0     18.140 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:19 N/A                                                                     
fontdrvhost.exe                992 Services                   0        392 K Unknown         Font Driver Host\UMFD-0                                 0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   1120 Services                   0     12.016 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE                            0:00:33 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   1172 Services                   0      6.552 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:02 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   1292 Services                   0      5.576 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE                            0:00:01 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   1316 Services                   0      5.656 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   1512 Services                   0     14.748 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE                              0:00:27 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   1520 Services                   0      4.728 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE                              0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   1640 Services                   0      4.916 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE                              0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
NVDisplay.Container.exe       1672 Services                   0      7.048 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:02 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   1684 Services                   0      2.828 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   1704 Services                   0      2.660 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE                              0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   1772 Services                   0      3.704 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE                              0:00:03 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   1824 Services                   0      6.340 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:01 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   1848 Services                   0      4.284 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE                              0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   1876 Services                   0     52.300 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:04:39 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   1908 Services                   0      2.012 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   2020 Services                   0      8.836 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:04 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   2056 Services                   0      4.648 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   2080 Services                   0      5.060 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   2136 Services                   0      4.588 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE                              0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   2156 Services                   0      8.256 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE                            0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   2216 Services                   0      3.240 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   2224 Services                   0      3.168 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE                            0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
Memory Compression            2232 Services                   0     23.492 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:32 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   2264 Services                   0      3.144 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE                              0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   2384 Services                   0      4.060 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
aerohost.exe                  2436 Services                   0        448 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:01:42 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   2492 Services                   0      6.352 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:01 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   2512 Services                   0      5.576 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE                              0:00:03 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   2724 Services                   0      8.248 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE                              0:00:09 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   2752 Services                   0      5.596 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE                            0:00:06 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   2904 Services                   0      3.564 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE                              0:00:01 N/A                                                                     
CTAudSvc.exe                  2932 Services                   0      1.840 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   2944 Services                   0     13.388 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:01:34 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   2716 Services                   0      2.312 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE                              0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   2312 Services                   0      8.716 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:02 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   3116 Services                   0      5.768 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE                              0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   3140 Services                   0      4.904 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE                              0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   3152 Services                   0      2.060 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE                              0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   3264 Services                   0      6.960 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
spoolsv.exe                   3344 Services                   0      5.228 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   3400 Services                   0     12.064 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE                              0:00:03 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   3532 Services                   0      2.992 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   3540 Services                   0      4.268 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE                            0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   3612 Services                   0     14.548 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE                            0:00:01 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   3620 Services                   0     15.072 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE                              0:00:22 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   3628 Services                   0     10.916 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:03 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   3700 Services                   0      1.576 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE                              0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   3716 Services                   0      4.244 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE                              0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   3740 Services                   0      2.016 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   3756 Services                   0     12.616 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   3884 Services                   0      1.492 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE                              0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   4012 Services                   0      4.244 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:01 N/A                                                                     
OfficeClickToRun.exe          4048 Services                   0     25.924 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:04 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   3124 Services                   0      2.480 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   2336 Services                   0      5.112 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
dasHost.exe                   4504 Services                   0     10.592 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE                              0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   4652 Services                   0      5.404 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE                              0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   4840 Services                   0     15.396 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE                            0:00:21 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   1396 Services                   0      8.628 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   3752 Services                   0      2.460 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   2476 Services                   0      3.424 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   2868 Services                   0     10.664 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:01 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   3676 Services                   0      9.572 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE                              0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   7464 Services                   0      4.852 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE                              0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
SearchIndexer.exe             7868 Services                   0     17.380 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:11 N/A                                                                     
SgrmBroker.exe                 728 Services                   0      3.500 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:01 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   3316 Services                   0      3.700 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   2836 Services                   0      4.388 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE                              0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                    412 Services                   0      4.576 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   8092 Services                   0      5.276 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
SecurityHealthService.exe     8572 Services                   0      7.216 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   3484 Services                   0      2.668 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE                              0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   5580 Services                   0      5.548 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
audiodg.exe                   6288 Services                   0     15.336 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE                              0:16:19 N/A                                                                     
csrss.exe                     1328 Console                   10      5.056 K Running         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:03 N/A                                                                     
winlogon.exe                  2916 Console                   10     10.220 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
dwm.exe                       1936 Console                   10     75.008 K Running         Window Manager\DWM-10                                   0:00:34 DWM Notification Window                                                 
fontdrvhost.exe               3908 Console                   10      8.248 K Unknown         Font Driver Host\UMFD-10                                0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
NVDisplay.Container.exe       7412 Console                   10     27.544 K Running         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:01 UxdService                                                              
svchost.exe                   8648 Services                   0      6.700 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE                              0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   3960 Services                   0      9.640 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE                              0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
sihost.exe                    5656 Console                   10     27.268 K Running         DESKTOP-REUAC3A\UCyborg                                    0:00:01 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                    372 Console                   10     14.236 K Unknown         DESKTOP-REUAC3A\UCyborg                                    0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
svchost.exe                   6336 Console                   10     33.596 K Running         DESKTOP-REUAC3A\UCyborg                                    0:00:00 Windows Push Notifications Platform                                     
taskhostw.exe                 5712 Console                   10     16.328 K Running         DESKTOP-REUAC3A\UCyborg                                    0:00:00 Task Host Window                                                        
explorer.exe                  8496 Console                   10    151.068 K Running         DESKTOP-REUAC3A\UCyborg                                    0:00:15 N/A                                                                     
StartMenu.exe                 9436 Console                   10     12.232 K Running         DESKTOP-REUAC3A\UCyborg                                    0:00:00 StartHookWindow                                                         
svchost.exe                   9924 Console                   10     16.560 K Running         DESKTOP-REUAC3A\UCyborg                                    0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
ctfmon.exe                    5020 Console                   10     16.980 K Running         DESKTOP-REUAC3A\UCyborg                                    0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
ShellExperienceHost.exe       1116 Console                   10     94.644 K Running         DESKTOP-REUAC3A\UCyborg                                    0:00:03 Action center                                                           
SearchUI.exe                  9368 Console                   10    118.376 K Running         DESKTOP-REUAC3A\UCyborg                                    0:00:02 Search                                                                  
RuntimeBroker.exe             9940 Console                   10     29.536 K Running         DESKTOP-REUAC3A\UCyborg                                    0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
RuntimeBroker.exe             9032 Console                   10     17.084 K Unknown         DESKTOP-REUAC3A\UCyborg                                    0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
ApplicationFrameHost.exe      2620 Console                   10     30.384 K Running         DESKTOP-REUAC3A\UCyborg                                    0:00:00 Settings                                                                
MicrosoftEdge.exe             7252 Console                   10     69.396 K Running         DESKTOP-REUAC3A\UCyborg                                    0:00:00 Microsoft Edge                                                          
browser_broker.exe            5796 Console                   10      8.160 K Running         DESKTOP-REUAC3A\UCyborg                                    0:00:00 OleMainThreadWndName                                                    
RuntimeBroker.exe             4916 Console                   10      7.528 K Unknown         DESKTOP-REUAC3A\UCyborg                                    0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe           9336 Console                   10     25.680 K Running         DESKTOP-REUAC3A\UCyborg                                    0:00:00 Microsoft Edge                                                          
MicrosoftEdgeSH.exe           5560 Console                   10     13.636 K Running         DESKTOP-REUAC3A\UCyborg                                    0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
RuntimeBroker.exe             4556 Console                   10     15.976 K Unknown         DESKTOP-REUAC3A\UCyborg                                    0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
smartscreen.exe               2700 Console                   10     23.768 K Running         DESKTOP-REUAC3A\UCyborg                                    0:00:00 OleMainThreadWndName                                                    
Clock64.exe                   4960 Console                   10      2.052 K Running         DESKTOP-REUAC3A\UCyborg                                    0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
SBXFIMB3.exe                  5064 Console                   10     26.348 K Running         DESKTOP-REUAC3A\UCyborg                                    0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
jusched.exe                   1136 Console                   10      7.256 K Not Responding  DESKTOP-REUAC3A\UCyborg                                    0:00:00 OleMainThreadWndName                                                    
SystemSettings.exe            4488 Console                   10         56 K Running         DESKTOP-REUAC3A\UCyborg                                    0:00:00 Settings                                                                
svchost.exe                   9580 Console                   10     11.824 K Unknown         DESKTOP-REUAC3A\UCyborg                                    0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
WindowsInternal.Composabl     6360 Console                   10     51.776 K Running         DESKTOP-REUAC3A\UCyborg                                    0:00:00 Microsoft Text Input Application                                        
cmd.exe                       9028 Console                   10      4.028 K Running         DESKTOP-REUAC3A\UCyborg                                    0:00:00 Administrator: Command Prompt                                           
conhost.exe                   5768 Console                   10     18.632 K Running         DESKTOP-REUAC3A\UCyborg                                    0:00:01 N/A                                                                     
SystemSettingsBroker.exe      5736 Console                   10     13.464 K Unknown         DESKTOP-REUAC3A\UCyborg                                    0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
taskhostw.exe                 5300 Services                   0      7.568 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
dllhost.exe                   4748 Services                   0      8.592 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
tasklist.exe                  1008 Console                   10      8.240 K Unknown         DESKTOP-REUAC3A\UCyborg                                    0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
clip.exe                      6948 Console                   10      4.356 K Unknown         DESKTOP-REUAC3A\UCyborg                                    0:00:00 N/A                                                                     
WmiPrvSE.exe                   264 Services                   0      8.372 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE                            0:00:00 N/A                                                                     

I did disable a bunch of annoying scheduled tasks. Can always go back to version 1803 anyway. Kinda hoped they'd fix the bugs with compositor with thumbnails getting lost when certain 3D applications change resolution, but the behavior remains identical.

And those changelogs they write for each update are a bit deceiving. How would they look like if regressions from previous builds/updates were clearly marked, eh?

Yes, I do, it could be the reason. It's back at 1,16 GB ATM after closing programs (with approximately 40 MB in the pagefile). Can't complain about most programs' startup time. I did read stories about Superfetch acting up for some people, including consuming larger amounts of memory.

There is usually brief disk activity on behalf of that service after startup and logging in. I'll do some experimenting with it if the need arises. When did they change its display name? It's seen as SysMain instead of Superfetch.