Official - Windows 10 Worst Crap Ever!

bookie32

21 hours ago, BudwS said:

Sometimes it seems that the "Worst Crap" comes from management or marketing decisions.  If an iPhone has a battery with a life of 2 years, don't mess with the software and the logical solution is to replace the battery after the 2 years for free. Or use the other solution and replace the battery yourself for $20 with a product that also included the necessary tools.  If I could do the battery replacement on an iPhone 4S in less than 15 minutes, wouldn't a trained technician at an Apple store do it more efficiently? And it would have brought the customers into the store where they may have bought something else!   The marketing plus would far outweigh the negative press brought about by the current decisions.

Sure. :), particularly (gullible :w00t::ph34r: and) high income Apple customers .  

It didn't happen to me, but if I had gone to an Apple shop and paid US$ 79 for replacing the crappy battery they put inside their crappy iPhone (after already having gone to the same Apple shop to be told that the battery was within specs and thus replacement was not under warranty by their own "genuis" after the device was tested with their own crappy testing software), now that my friend gets the same battery replaced for US$ 29, while happy for the deal he got, I would be a tad bit upset with Apple.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/28/16827248/apple-iphone-battery-replacement-price-slow-down-apology

... and it's not like - given the outageous price of the hardware they sell - they couldn't afford to replace them for free.

Just for the record, I once replaced the battery of an Iphone 3g (obviously out of warranty and of market value near to 0) and - though I am used to repair small electronic  and mechanical devices, it was the first time in my life that i actually *needed* to look for a disassembly and re-assembly guide, I still remember the experience as a nightmare, and I presume that at each later release - for one reason or the other - they made the disassmembling and reassembling more difficult.

jaclaz

2 hours ago, jaclaz said:

Sure. :), particularly (gullible :w00t::ph34r: and) high income Apple customers . 

Partly, a good description, gullible, yes.  I had to go to the Apple Store and take a free course to learn how to turn the iPhone 4S on and off.  When the Phone started to run slow, went back to the Apple Store and found out that 34 programs were running in the background that I thought were stopped.  Learned how to really stop the programs then so none ran in the background.  Didn't go to Apple for the battery because of the price (ordered the battery and free tools online for $20).  High income Apple customer?  Bought the maxed out iPhone 7 Plus to replace the 4S with 3 weeks wages working as a custodian part time.  Actually make more money as a custodian than being a computer technician at a middle school in Arizona, also part time.  Maybe gullible again but the Apple products just work for me whereas Windows products, hardware wise, don't come close.  Still, 2018 is beginning as an exciting year!  :cool:

3 hours ago, ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~ said:

Anyone know if it's possible to obtain Windows 10 store applications on Windows 7? Freaking Microsoft...

Unless someone actually manages to port the OneCore API Windows 10 uses for its apps (along with WinRT for Windows 8.x apps), no, it's impossible to run any Windows 10 apps on anything NT 6.x (I think it's kind of a blessing, really :ph34r:)

@Budws

The "gullible" and "high income" was referring to your:

And it would have brought the customers into the store where they may have bought something else! 

I don' t think that after you saved three weeks wages to buy an iPhone you would - on a whim - buy an Apple TV or an Apple Watch. :dubbio:

jaclaz

On 1/10/2018 at 9:58 AM, jaclaz said:

@Budws

The "gullible" and "high income" was referring to your:

I don' t think that after you saved three weeks wages to buy an iPhone you would - on a whim - buy an Apple TV or an Apple Watch. :dubbio:

jaclaz

iPhone 7 Plus:  The rest of the story:  While going to the Apple Store to look at computers I checked out the new iPhones in the store over a year before I bought one.  The marketing seed was planted.  May not have bought a new iPhone if I hadn't gone into the Apple store for a different reason.  Customer "Good Will" is actually carried on a companies books with a cash value.  Free iPhone battery replacement would show up on the company books as "Good Will."  Bad press subtracts from the company "Good Will" thereby lowering the company value which is what has happened with the battery issue.

The title of this forum thread is an example of the bad press that has reduced MS W10 "Good Will."  :cool:

On 1/10/2018 at 12:00 AM, ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~ said:

Anyone know if it's possible to obtain Windows 10 store applications on Windows 7? Freaking Microsoft...

Another example of a situation that has reduced the "Good Will" value of MS. :cool: The sun is bright today in Sun City, AZ, no snow, and it is warm.  Just got oranges off the tree for a snack.  It would be nice if someone would write a program to emulate Windows 10 on Windows 7 to fix your issue. :rolleyes:

Unusual W10 Crap: Why has Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview, 17074, installed cleanly in about 3 hours on the Dell laptop?  With the Restart" to complete the update, one has the path to go back to the previous instead or going forward (Maybe that is not even a good choice).  It's still W10 but some parts seem to be working. Beware, beware!?  :cool:

talking about hilarious junk, I dont even want to remember how many failed attempts the 2018-01 update had before I said "screw it" and axed the update service. i really need to install win8 again on my laptop.

Hi guys!

Well, windows 10 is improving its record of being "Official - Windows 10 Worst Crap Ever!" 

Continually getting customers coming to me with problems with either...upgraded to Windows 10 or bought with Windows 10....doesn't matter....when the new major releases come they end up with either a computer that installs an update and erases everything (because as Microsoft points out) they are new versions of Windows 10 and that is like a new OS....causing havoc for manufacurers trying to keep up with the releases and trying to have drivers etc that keep the computers working efficently....not working OR the updates don't install and the computer plays almost dead all the time because of the update trying to install!!

I have had several reasonable computers bought by customers with Windows 10 that want me to add user details...etc for them....had two entirely different computers...different hardware etc - BUT the first thing the computers do is update and then the latest update is trying to install and a day later I am nearing the state of them being updated to today's date?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You will never convince me that this s*** is worth having!

Yes, it is giving me lots of work.....but it is futile....

I personally "HATE" this crap they call an OS!!

bookie32

Edited by bookie32
bad spelling...;)

On 1/12/2018 at 5:13 PM, vinifera said:

can't winblows 10 with latest ... whatever big upgrade be converted to ISO
just to be normal offline install ?

At the point of the update/upgrade where it asks or tells it is ready to "Restart", by not doing the restart then, an ISO can be made from a file.  That ISO can be used to do the "normal offline install." I don't know the file name, but the procedure is out there on the internet someplace.

6 hours ago, bookie32 said:

You will never convince me that this s*** is worth having!

Very well put!  I will help people with W10 so that they can do emails or use browsers but no way will I trust my home computer to be running OS s***.  My home Windows PCs are Win 7 Pro if the need arises.

However, I wonder if the Insider Updates are running differently?  Over the past 7 updates, I've not lost the multiple users or browser functionality with an extension like Ghostery on the W10 test Dell laptop.  Something appears to be working intrusively destructive with the released W10 updates?  It seems that other vendors are not providing updated or compatible drivers or software to keep up with new W10 releases.  Compatible apps seem to be problematic as well.

Thanks Bookie32 to keep us focused on the issue.  You are the "score keeper."  :D:):cool: