Official - Windows 10 Worst Crap Ever!

bookie32

Windows 10 is absolutely terrible at home and school. Many of our computer systems previously had 7 and once Vista, maybe XP as well. It's okay on the notebooks provided in classrooms but it's absolutely dreadful in Digital Arts: at least a few BSoD on someone every time.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it >_<

It's kinda funny (yet scary) how everyone believes the latest stuff is the best. My AP Computer Science class is ignorant of missing API's when it comes to viruses attempting to run on older versions of windows.

Edited by ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~

2 hours ago, ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~ said:

Windows 10 is absolutely terrible at home and school. Many of our computer systems previously had 7 and once Vista, maybe XP as well. It's okay on the notebooks provided in classrooms but it's absolutely dreadful in Digital Arts: at least a few BSoD on someone every time.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it >_<

It's kinda funny (yet scary) how everyone believes the latest stuff is the best. My AP Computer Science class is ignorant of missing API's when it comes to viruses attempting to run on older versions of windows.

I totally agree...why there are members here that will give you a whole list of why XP needed to be replaced and the same goes for Vista and Windows 7 - but as Microsoft obviously doesn't listen to feedback from its users - then there is no chance that we will ever be happy with the new OS whatever it is called.....

As a company, Microsoft has ignored the most important thing about development....look at the feedback from previous versions and build on that...of course, there are always those that just get on with it....they don't care what the current verision is.....as long as they can write an email go on facebook....what does it matter what happens behind the scenes....

I never thought that Windows 8 was a reflection of peoples ideas and ideas for improvements...just Microsoft being Microsoft and going their own way and **** the people that spend thousands on a pile of crap that just gets worse... BUT I will add that many of my customers that upgraded from Windows 8 or 8.1 have gone back to it and are much happier....;)

It was said that MIcrosoft received so much stick about Windows 8 and the so called 8.1 update that they felt it necessary to come with a newer version.....

Still get customers asking why wasn't there a Windows 9....;)

Microsoft has ignored its users time and time and again....but aren't likely to start listening until something drastic happens like the games industry not trusting in Microsoft and giving Linux a chance...despite all the negative posts here about Linux...it has a community that help each other...improve things...etc....not that it is always good....

There is more development going on in the Linux world than there ever will be in the Microsoft one...

It is about time that all that have supported Microsoft over the years ....leave and let it go to its grave....OR that Microsoft wake up and listen to its users.....

Sorry, is that hell I see freezing over.....;)

bookie32

Edited by bookie32

17 hours ago, bookie32 said:

Sorry, is that hell I see freezing over.....;)

Perhaps, it's the other way around.  The heat may be melting the frozen parts of the world.  Some call it climate change but in this part of the world we're feeling a lot of heat.  Now some  more heat with the last three insider preview W10 releases that are getting close to an RTM product, all three test computers updated cleanly and the software that does emails and browsers seems to be working.  Ghostery actually downloaded free from the Store and installed on Edge.  However, all the information collecting and then some is still there.  At a school near here, I saw that Win 10 was installed on a school computer.  I felt sorry for the students and teachers that will be exposed to the challenge.  But I guess that is what to expect in a state that is rated 50th out of 50 in education.  (Part of that "heat" problem.)  On the plus side, I'm hearing that more and more students are required to have an iPad when they enroll in the schools.  Just like politics, when there is a serious issue, a positive solution slides in that bypasses the problem.  2018 is getting closer all the time.  The iPads are already here in 2017.

Trying to find the good in all this crap.  It may be the iPad in schools that does in the big MS.  The other crap will play out in 2018.  That's a lot of unexpected heat.  :cool:

Edited by BudwS
Where's the crap?

I'd say it means you're not trying to actually do anything useful with those systems.  I think that's the only way Windows 10 continues to hang together - when it's only tasked with updating itself.

-Noel

:):angel:ph34r:  You are partially correct concerning useful activities with Windows 10.  My expectations are very low with this product from my experiences over the past 2 years.  Consider the fact that I'm excited that the product, W10, actually starts up to a working desktop!  And it actually shuts down!  Ghostery was not removed from the browsers during the update!  Mail actually gets mail!  Now consider a lot of end users that buy a computer at Costco that comes with Win 10 installed.  If it get email, it's working.  This Fall release may actually get email and browse the Web, start up and power down, all without black screening , hanging or crashing.  The conclusion is buy an Apple if you want a computer with talent.  :cool:

I'm amazed that Microsoft is still developing Metro Apps. Do people really use this crap? I mean just look at the Settings app, it's cluttered as hell and it's really frustating to use. Windows Phone is finally dead and people use Win32 apps on tablets. Windows Vista really is the last OS from Microsoft which had Desktop PC's in mind.

I'm using Windows 10 right now, because.. i don't know.. and the only way to make it usable is to install StartIsBack (to have the Win7 start menu and taskbar) and Aero Glass for making Windows look normal again. 

QzRY1QyhSGqKP8FuYX-oww.jpg

8 minutes ago, GTAGAME said:

Windows Vista really is the last OS from Microsoft which had Desktop PC's in mind

what about 7? aside from the fact that it has an input method for tablets I dont remember much tablet specific there.

27 minutes ago, My1 said:

what about 7? aside from the fact that it has an input method for tablets I dont remember much tablet specific there.

Windows 7 has larger titlebar buttons, the taskbar (superbar) was especially redone for touchscreens and some other new touchscreen programs were added. I mean it wasn't drastically forced to everyone like they did in Windows 8, since the taskbar also had advantages for keyboard mouse users, but you could see what Microsoft wanted to achieve with future releases of Windows. 

Edited by GTAGAME

1 hour ago, GTAGAME said:

I'm using Windows 10 right now, because.. i don't know.. and the only way to make it usable is to install StartIsBack (to have the Win7 start menu and taskbar) and Aero Glass for making Windows look normal again. 

QzRY1QyhSGqKP8FuYX-oww.jpg

This is an impressive computer system.  With these resources you could have a dual boot system with Win 7 or Vista maybe and then have options.  Your choice for the day.  One of my W10 insider systems is a dual boot, Windows 7 Pro and Win 10 Pro preview test, so I can pick Win 7 when I need a reality check.  Choices are good.  Good for comparison and control.

They've been "dumbing down" windows - whether for touch use or just because the poor dear users get cognitive overload if there are more than 5 things on the screen - since way back.  Many of us reconfigured those things to maximize working area and minimize fluff.

The difference is that now the configurable parts for geeks / power users have just been made unavailable.

They've lately focused on making it important that UI elements can move themselves around depending on what kind of screen you have (tiny phone screen in portrait orientation to massive multi-4K monitor setups).  They forgot to consider that you just can't do the same things on both of those systems.

LOL, I am looking over my big Photoshop workspace - 14 panels, each of which has tabs, plastered across 3 monitors - and imagining that if that were all shrunk down to, say, a 480 x 750 pixel desktop on a tablet App, what would actually be possible...

FixPicture.png

-Noel

There are some applications that shouldn't, couldn't and wouldn't be running on small size/high PPI monitors. Unless they will become smart enough to auto-render and auto-resize ALL the controls on EVERY kind of display, apps like Photoshop, Premier Pro and all other media oriented software won't be small-screen-friendly. However, web browsers, instant messaging apps, some games, media content viewers are less big-screen-friendly. (I tried only once to read a plain text mail on a 24" 4K display without DPI scaling, I wouldn't recommend doing like that).

On that side, DPI scaling in Win10 is one of the less crappy thing that has got implemented, even if software developers are going to wait for adding OS-controlled scaling features.

P.S.: Previous OSes also got DPI scaling, but don't you remember that ugly font resize with no ClearType resizing? 

Edited by zago27

10 hours ago, GTAGAME said:

Windows 7 has larger titlebar buttons, the taskbar (superbar) was especially redone for touchscreens and some other new touchscreen programs were added.

Win7 has never had anything too do with touch, thank you! But if U mean W10, then U right....

(btw the titlebar got small icon in w7 as well)