Official - Windows 10 Worst Crap Ever!

bookie32

2017 Crap Update:  Version 1703 has shown up in 15055.  :angel Yes the MacBook updated with no problems to the Windows 10 Pro, 15055.  :unsure: The Dell laptop is still churning through the update process a second time after the first try ended with an error message.

For a long time I've been sceptical about Windows 10 being crap. Until this day. Now I understand.

I've had Windows 10 for a couple days and...yeah. It looks crap, performs like crap and sounds like crap.  

Okay the 'looks like crap' is relative, I know. Some people may love this semi-opaque pale boring effed up flat s*** look but not me. I totally hate the way it looks and sounds. Yes, the system sounds get on my nerves.

Uninstalling.

Edited by Tengerecki

Fast crap now.  15055 to 15060, 15061 and now 15063.  I even missed 15060 completely by taking a short vacation.  Again, the MacBook updated with no errors.  And the Dell laptop had the same NO WIFI or Ethernet connection after the update.  Still trying to figure out why WLANSVC won't start on the Dell laptop.  Error message says that some dependencies didn't start.  So I've made a list of the dependencies when 15025 is running so I can compare what's missing after the update.  Might shed some light on the W10 software.  Device manager says that the WIFI adapter driver is fine and the device is running correctly.  Should be, it was just used to do the Windows Update. :cool:

New app crap:  The Dell laptop is now running on 15063.  The No WIFI issue has a solution.  It appears that the Intel WIFI adapter software was wiped out during the Windows Update.  After downloading two sets of Intel adapter software on another computer, transferred that software to the Dell laptop.  When the second Intel software install file ran, the WIFI was back.  The Dell laptop gets to stay at 15063 now.  This solution was a long time coming.  I'll be on the lookout for missing app software in the future. :)

1 hour ago, BudwS said:

It appears that the Intel WIFI adapter software was wiped out during the Windows Update

wifi adapter software. usually this sounds like junkware. I just want a driver so I can use the native tools to connect. adapters that go far enough to require a complete piece of software to work are junk imo.

8 hours ago, My1 said:

adapters that go far enough to require a complete piece of software to work are junk imo.

agreed I have an old netgear adapter and I have to have their software to use wifi. It was not programmed for the average user and confuses anyone who has to use it "user interface" once the software loads you can use the native Windows wifi utility to connect, but you have to do it manually every time. I will be happy to see that system go!

on another note got hit with Windows updates and decided that it was in my best interest to crash the computer I may never turn it back on.

-helpdesk98

10 hours ago, BudwS said:

New app crap:  The Dell laptop is now running on 15063....   :)

When U update lets say the Dell laptop, for how long time (from setting/update search until U can see the startmenu fx?

For me the last 5 or 6 preview versions take/took 10-12 hours on a hp pavillion dv6000...

Edited by mikedigitize
wrong maschine

4 hours ago, mikedigitize said:

When U update lets say the Dell laptop, for how long time (from setting/update search until U can see the startmenu fx?

For me the last 5 or 6 preview versions take/took 10-12 hours on a hp pavillion dv6000...

The Dell laptop (HDD) has been taking about 2-4 hours.  The MacBook (SSD) has been taking 1-3 hours.  Both computers are about 10 years old.  A few times the update is sitting at the Restart with the download complete when I went to check for updates.  Windows 10 apparently starts checking for updates before I even log on while it's sitting at the logon screen.

13 hours ago, My1 said:

wifi adapter software. usually this sounds like junkware. I just want a driver so I can use the native tools to connect. adapters that go far enough to require a complete piece of software to work are junk imo.

This embedded Intel WIFI adapter has the normal driver that was working.  I was surprised to find that Intel also had that software that was needed to interface with the Windows software as if it was an app.  Now, I'm not so sure that all devices don't have some OS interface software to go with the driver (junkware or crapware or neededware)?  Whateverware it is, if it's not there, the device doesn't work.  More questions to think about.

15 hours ago, BudwS said:

The Dell laptop (HDD) has been taking about 2-4 hours.  The MacBook (SSD) has been taking 1-3 hours.  Both computers are about 10 years old.

Well quicker then my hp then. I notis that the update went back severel times to get the specific file, like it did not get all the first time. I have fiber access to my router and at the time I got like 50gbit so it's not any problems with download, I say....

15 hours ago, BudwS said:

This embedded Intel WIFI adapter has the normal driver that was working.  I was surprised to find that Intel also had that software that was needed to interface with the Windows software as if it was an app.  Now, I'm not so sure that all devices don't have some OS interface software to go with the driver (junkware or crapware or neededware)?  Whateverware it is, if it's not there, the device doesn't work.  More questions to think about.

I can't say for sure about legacy or "out of band" (aka things I don't deal with) but I never install wifi software on any systems I put a wireless card into. If the correct driver is used, then whatever the built-in stuff Windows has will work by itself. The only exception to that is Bluetooth combo cards, where the bluetooth does not work at all on the driver alone, or the manufacturer only provides and MSI or EXE for the driver.

15 hours ago, mikedigitize said:

Well quicker then my hp then. I notis that the update went back severel times to get the specific file, like it did not get all the first time. I have fiber access to my router and at the time I got like 50gbit so it's not any problems with download, I say....

We have a 40 Gbit link to our modem/router.  Three things to consider about the apparent download speed.  (1) It appears the the FSB speed of the motherboard becomes a factor in driving the download speed.  The MacBook FSB speed is greater than the Dell laptop.  That along with the SSD data transfer speed versus the HDD data transfer speed, the SSD transfers data faster than the HDD.  (2) The distance to the download server makes a big difference as well. Here in Arizona, downloads are faster from the west coast than from the east coast. (3) I select a single download path in the Windows Settings, too.  But in either west coast or east coast case, the single path setting is much faster.  A single path Windows Update download is usually 30 minutes.  The multipath downloads have taken several hours to a couple of days!  That's why I only do single path downloads now.

After thought:  WIFI is faster than Ethernet so I use only WIFI now.

Edited by BudwS
After thought.