Official - Windows 10 Worst Crap Ever!

bookie32

A new year, a new flavor of Windows 10 insider release software.  Went from 14986 directly to 15007.  Installed OK but had the White Text Box software problem which forcing Microsoft Basic Display Driver usage corrected.  There are several new features, enhancements and re-arrangements of parameter controls with 15007.  Just takes a little hunting to find the new locations of controls.  Happy New Year :unsure:

Version is still 1607.

Edited by BudwS
Additional information.

Well, neon looks a bit better than the black-on-black mess that 10 has been otherwise.

I still won't let go of my Classic theme, though. Which means I stay with Windows 7 (with 8.1 used as a supplement).

c

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 10:42 AM, mikedigitize said:

New see throu browser: opera neon!

NCOGuBr.jpg

Heh, massive empty desktop space, and at the same time icon bubbles running off the bottom to where you can't see some of them.  Yep, really seems to hold to the tenets of Windows 10. 

Bravo, Opera, for embracing the fashion of the future, where all restaurants are Taco Bell!

taco-bell.jpg

-Noel

17 hours ago, BudwS said:

Went from 14986 directly to 15007 .Version is still 1607.

Can somebody please explain how the confusion of builds and versions work.

Fer instance is 15007 the new Creator's Edition for insiders or a general update? 
What is 1607 then in that case?
And is 14986 also 1607 ...........................or what?

I assume it is all part of a plot by Microsoft to confuse everyone so much we will all just give up and let Win10 do what it likes. I think I heard Paul Thurrot on Windows Weekly explain this mess but I didn't understand him fully as he went off on a rant as usual and my 8 second attention span can't cope with going off on a tangent.

8-)

Jonah

13 hours ago, jonah8208 said:

8-)

Jonah

Replying from my iMac.

Microsoft has several levels of information that identifies a particular release.  The following is just my simple understanding of their process.  My insider Windows 10 test system is a 10 year old MacBook and Windows 10 runs under Boot Camp Apple software.

Edition:  Windows 10 Home Insider Preview

Version:  1607                                              (The 16 means year 2016 and the 07 means month 7 of 2016)

OS Build:  15007.1000                                   (The 15007 is referred to as a rs_prerelease just to identify which prerelease Evaluation Copy has been placed into the Insider testing stream)

This information is provided by the "About" in the Windows 10 Setting of Home.  Hope this explains the numbers.  I've chosen to receive Windows Updates under the Fast Track Insider Preview program.  I just do it for fun because Windows 10 seems to run better on the MacBook with an SSD that on the PC laptop with an HDD.

2 hours ago, BudwS said:

Replying from my iMac.

Microsoft has several levels of information that identifies a particular release.  The following is just my simple understanding of their process.  My insider Windows 10 test system is a 10 year old MacBook and Windows 10 runs under Boot Camp Apple software.

Edition:  Windows 10 Home Insider Preview

Version:  1607                                              (The 16 means year 2016 and the 07 means month 7 of 2016)

OS Build:  15007.1000                                   (The 15007 is referred to as a rs_prerelease just to identify which prerelease Evaluation Copy has been placed into the Insider testing stream)

This information is provided by the "About" in the Windows 10 Setting of Home.  Hope this explains the numbers.  I've chosen to receive Windows Updates under the Fast Track Insider Preview program.  I just do it for fun because Windows 10 seems to run better on the MacBook with an SSD that on the PC laptop with an HDD.

Home?? Are U sure?

On 1/15/2017 at 7:39 PM, BudwS said:

Went from 14986 directly to 15007 .Version is still 1607.

Fer instance is 15007 the new Creator's Edition for insiders or a general update? 
What is 1607 then in that case?
And is 14986 also 1607 ...........................or what?

I assume it is all part of a plot by Microsoft to confuse everyone so much we will all just give up and let Win10 do what it likes. I think I heard Paul Thurrot on Windows Weekly explain this mess but I didn't understand him fully as he went off on a rant as usual and my 8 second attention span can't cope with going off on a tangent.

8-)

Jonah

Cheers guys - 1607 - yes makes sense now!

Hi cannie!

11 hours ago, cannie said:

It seems that the end of Windows 10 is near: "Microsoft to stop updating the original Windows 10 release after March 26".

You may read the complete text here:

http://betanews.com/2017/01/20/microsoft-to-end-updates-for-windows-10-1507/

Cheers

Sorry, they have just moved to the latest anniversary version 1607...it is still Windows 10 even though vastly improved (if we are to believe that crap) that doesn't mean the end of Windows 10 yet.....:w00t:

I would personally like to see the end of Microsoft as a company because of everything they have done to customers using their products over the last year or so...

But then that is just wishful thinking....

bookie32