Official - Windows 10 Worst Crap Ever!

bookie32

ubuntu is death, so is kubuntu

they are bloated and resource hungry

also I hate distros that have 2 "taskbars"

never understood why people do that its so freaking annoying

Totally agree, that's why I liked Linux Lite, iso download is only 780 MB, you should take a look to it, BTW I didn't have a single problem with drivers.

alacran

• 2 weeks later...

I thought the two taskbars were odd too, but right clicking it and deleting it fixed that nuisance (it worked on the different distributions I've tested).  What's nice about linux is that you can configure your desktop the way you like. 

Guys, I know a Linux discussion is kind of the same thing as a Windows 10 anti-discussion, but maybe we should be talking about what's wrong with Windows 10 here instead...

In my opinion, these things spell out the worst of what Windows 10 has become:

• Reduction in configurability and usability.  You will take the flat, lifeless look and you will like it!

• Intrusive, aggressive behavior that's more like malware than proper behavior from a company you choose to partner with and send money to.

• Unwanted and constant transmission of information abroad, that can't be completely de-configured.

• The platform is not stable for more than 4 months.  Given the reduction in usability, what's next on the chopping block?

• Not least of which is the hype campaign designed to marginalize folks who prefer functionality over forced hipster redesign with lack of substance.

Have I missed any big picture items here?

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

I want the classic windows theme back lol. also the show desktop button down by the clock needs to be a bit bigger. I have multiple monitors and I can never seem to hit the button.

Edited by helpdesk98

it should be there, always

its a backbone to OS just somehow hidden

i know MS said they disabled user from stopping DWM

but if you delete it from PE, what happens ?

it has to revert to either XP type themeing or classic 2k/9x style

if you have

themeui.dll

imageres.dll

and if i'm not mistaken 

comdlg32.dll

shell32.dll

these should form basic shell

I want the classic windows theme back lol. also the show desktop button down by the clock needs to be a bit bigger. I have multiple monitors and I can never seem to hit the button.

There's a DWM hack for the first (special emphasis on the word hack) available on a ThinkPad forum called w8classic, IIRC. To make the show desktop button larger, install 7+ Taskbar Tweaker and adjust the advanced setting show_desktop_button_size.

I don't know if many notice this, but advertisements about Windows 10 always only show 1 thing: always the same wallpaper, and only the start menu open, nothing else.

If it was configuration awful window + calculator + the Win10 about box, it would be a good anti-advertisement ;)

it should be there, always

its a backbone to OS just somehow hidden

i know MS said they disabled user from stopping DWM

but if you delete it from PE, what happens ?

it has to revert to either XP type themeing or classic 2k/9x style

if you have

themeui.dll

imageres.dll

and if i'm not mistaken 

comdlg32.dll

shell32.dll

these should form basic shell

I've been testing software with Classic view in Win 7 lately.

Running without DWM really isn't a reasonable way to run Windows.

-Noel

Seeing all the controls individually painted by the CPU is just nasty.  DWM, though perhaps a clunky added-on implementation, is the right idea:  Composite all the windows with GPU help then present the result all at once.  Voila, smooth, elegant results (not from Win 10 of course, since the theme is designed to be anything but elegant).  The answer, if you don't like the way it looks, seems to me to be to re-theme it.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

Hi guys :yes:

Well, back to the story about upgrading to Windows from windows 7 or Windows 8.0/8.1. I have tried to recover several different makes and models of computers/laptops and have only had one that seems to have survived the return to previous OS before the 30 days grace is up...

One said it had recovered to Windows 8.1 and when I started the machine it was still Windows 10....

One Windows 7 computer could recover from Windows 10 to Windows 7 but it left a lot of broken programs, drivers etc...

Of course the excuse from Microsoft could and probably would be those computers (and many more I might add that I have fixed) were infected with Malware/Virus etc...this could be the case and was with a couple of them - but bye the same token Microsoft must realise a good percentage of the those that have upgraded have no idea what is on their computers and were hoping for a miracle with Windows 10 and not the **** that it is, and the fact that they have no idea "apart from how to turn on their computers" what they were doing when they said yes to the upgrade....!!!

I am still getting customers saying that they upgraded and now realise that it isn't what they want or expected and that it has gone more than a month since they upgraded...bla., bla, bla,

I have had some computers that didn't survive the recovery from Windows 10 to the previous OS that Microsoft promises and couldn't be reinstated from the manufacturer's recovery partition...well, what is left....a bootable usb, DVD....!!!

It has been a very costly exercise in stupidity...first those who didn't read my warning emails, those that did and still upgraded, and finally those that listened to a friends advice instead of the guy that fixes their computer!!!! the list goes on...

bookie32

Edited by bookie32