wifi chipsets that provide the fastest speeds / best signal quality

cov3rt

i tried to find out if there are any sites that have a comprehensive analysis of wifi chipset quality / performance by googling several different search queries but couldn't really find any actual lists, passmarks, or heirarchy of them. im apparently using an atheros 9485 chipset used in the rosewill pci express wireless n wifi card, but only getting 3-4 bars, usually good signal quality but sometimes it can be fair but i would rather have 5 bars always or excellent signal quality. my older tp link wireless n usb adapter would get 4-5 bars and seemed a little faster / better, i even swapped out the 2dbi antenna on the rosewill and put the 4dbi antenna from the tp link one and its still not in the same performance as the tp link one which makes me assured that the chipset is probably just lower in quality than the tp link one. i mean sure, there can be other factors, but i don't want to go through the hassle of tweaking things and changing settings to make the wifi card perform better, i simply want to know which ones are better, if there is a list or chart of wifi chipsets, etc.

i also researched powerline ethernet adapters but i don't think that would be a good solution as its not practical for me. my home uses somewhat old wiring so i don't think it would even work well, the power outlets are pretty close to one another so i don't think i can even an adapter that will fit while providing another free outlet, and even if i do, i would have to use a extension for my other computer cables, making it more messy and creating more interference, besides the price of the adapters being expensive too.