unattended 2000 pro helpp

hi I wanted to make a Unattended Windows 2000 pro cd.. I have made Unattended Xp cd and wanted to know if I could use the same method to make the win2kpro cd? Or maybe some one could give me a link on how to make an Unattended win2k pro cd.

This is what I have done so far...

I've created a win2k at the root of my drive and the folders under it ....

c:\

win2k

win2k\i386

win2k\$oem$\$1

win2k\$oem$\$$

win2k\$oem$\$docs

win2k\$oem$\$progs

I've copy the i386 folder from cd to win2k\i386 and added the winnt.sif I made with setupmgr from the win2kpro cd. I created the image and boot with Virtual PC and I get an error Insert Sp4 in a:/. Can some one post what a winnt.sif should look like for windows 2000 pro ,I would really appriciate it . thanks

dd

hi I wanted to make a Unattended Windows 2000 pro cd.. I have made Unattended Xp cd and wanted to know if I could use the same method to make the win2kpro cd? Or maybe some one could give me a link on how to make an Unattended win2k pro cd.

This is what I have done so far...

I've created a win2k at the root of my drive and the folders under it ....

c:\

win2k

win2k\i386

win2k\$oem$\$1

win2k\$oem$\$$

win2k\$oem$\$docs

win2k\$oem$\$progs

I've copy the i386 folder from cd to win2k\i386 and added the winnt.sif I made with setupmgr from the win2kpro cd.  I created the image and boot with Virtual PC and I get an error Insert Sp4 in a:/.  Can some one post what a winnt.sif should look like for windows 2000 pro ,I would really appriciate it . thanks

dd

to create windows 2000 sp4 unattend cd following files are required

a) bootable 2000 image

:) installtion files i386

c) windows 2000 sp4 slipstreamed indentifier cdromsp4.tst *** although this is 0 byte file but it help windows to understand that it is splistreamed file.

d) windows 2000 setup indetifier CDROM_IP5 **

* very important files

place the bootable image in the root say c:\wsp4_en

> w2k4setup.bin

>i386

>CDROM_IP5

>cdromsp4.tst

• 1 month later...

Hello,

i quite new at making unattended cd's.

I have made a unattended cd for windows xp using the guides without many problems. It works just fine.

Now i wanted to make a unattended windows 2000 pro, but i just can not get it unattended. I have created the winnt.sif file and placed it into the I386 directory of a iso-file from a windows 2000pro cd and then rewrited the iso to cd.

Normally it should work this way i thought but is seem to be wrong. When i boot with the new cd windows keeps asking me everything one by one as in a normal installation. Can anyone help me with a bit of clear instructions to what i did wrong or how to get it wright?

thanks

• 1 month later...

lose the MS version (on the CD) of winnt.sif and unattend.txt from your i386 folder.

Search for my posts on this subject, I have a nearly complete winnt.sif file posted up.

There are minor differences between the XP and 2000 versions of winnt.sif.

• 5 weeks later...

I made an unattened 2000 cd and it works but at the end of the RunOnceEX when in loads into windows, i get a couple of error messages about device drivers, just that one time after i reboot never see them again,

But I was wondering if anyone else experienced anything similar

ty