Runas Admin / User Method to Reduce exposure of security threat v2

aviv00

No, just the opposite.  You can't run them with UAC disabled AT ALL.  That's just stupid.

If I want to be a full-time administrator, and I am willing to assume all the "risk" for that, I should be allowed to do so.  The ridiculous UAC subsystem never quite gets out of the way, so I'll just continue to avoid running anything that requires it rather than get used to it.  If Windows 10 becomes non-viable without UAC, then I won't run Windows 10.  As it is I only run it as a curiosity.

If more people would realize they're being herded and just refused, they wouldn't be able to herd us.  As it is, with most everyone just having accepted UAC at the time of Vista, we're now screwed.

Microsoft isn't going to make a **** dime off me in their App Store.  And that actually means something - all my life I've paid good money for good software.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

I always use my Windows PC as Admin user and UAC disabled from years, I don't like clik OK button every time... Only use Nod32 AV and uBlock Origin in Firefox, but all suspected and new programs are always tested first in VirtualBox... I repack all my programs to avoid junk inside and I haven't any infection by now... It's only my humble opinion...

Regards... ;-)

Edited by alfreire

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...