powersaving revert to opaque on battery no longer functioning

slipr

Whenever i used to go off the mains and onto battery, the taskbar (classic start on 8.1)  and menus used to go opaque. i assume this meant that aeroglass was shut down for the sake of powersaving.  Now, however, no matter how many transparency settings i turn off in classic start menu settings i can never turn off the main taskbar transparency!: either on AC or DC power.

many thanks for any thoughts or insight on how to restore this functionality ....

Edited by slipr

Whenever i used to go off the mains and onto battery, the taskbar (classic start on 8.1)  and menus used to go opaque. i assume this meant that aeroglass was shut down for the sake of powersaving.  Now, however, no matter how many transparency settings i turn off in classic start menu settings i can never turn off the main taskbar transparency!: either on AC or DC power.

many thanks for any thoughts or insight on how to restore this functionality ....

Uninstall Classic Start.

monkey wrench:

1 uninstalled CS (taskbar still trans)

2 uninstalled AG (taskbar goes opaque)

3 reboot.

4 reinstall AG ONLY: transparency applied to all windows as well as taskbar...

5 uninstall AG: opaque taskbar returned.

Whats going on? AG install is triggering transparency of taskbar and uninstall triggering return to opaque...

.... tnx

Edited by slipr