Windows 10 10240 to 10586 upgrade change reports

Tripredacus

Well, it seems like the fence paradox by good ol' G.K.Chesterton has found (yet another) real life example. JFYI:

It is highly improbable that it was put there by escaped lunatics who were for some reason loose in the street. .

But not impossible.  Microsoft seeks to improve the odds with every move they make.

-Noel

I still do not understand how you get this 10586.x version :huh:

I have all updates installed and it's still 10240

Any chance you've configured the 3 month delay?

DeferUpgrades3Months.png

My advice:  Don't look forward to the 10586 in-place upgrade with eager anticipation.  It basically does nothing new, except to make you revisit all your tweaks and settings (privacy included)..

-Noel

It was one of the first 64bit processors in the year 1999, though there were others before it in the early 1990s. I read they were powerful but they were very expensive to purchase until AMD fixed that.

AMD didn't fix it, they made their own CPU that supported both 32 and 64bit. It was also cheaper. Intel eventually made some of their own x86-x64 CPUs and gave up on the Itanium. I remember being involved with purchasing once upon a time and suggested an Itanium server. It was decided against due to the lack of software written for them.

For what it's worth:  Downloaded Windows 10 iso using MediaCreationTool yesterday.  Today, after a few hours of determination, the iso updated my activated Windows 7 Home to an activated Windows 10.  The Windows 10 is 10586.0.amd64fre.th2.release.151029-1700.