Modern motherboards?

Zollex

There's few, but the only ones still working with XP are are chinese...  :}

The best and most popular of them were HP/Dell, witch dropped support for XP before year or so.

I would recommend you try finding laptop/computer that you like and check if every single part of it is compatible with XP.   :whistle:

However, plenty of not-so-new motherboards and processors are still findable on eBay, and some are quite powerful, BTW.

XP doesn't work well with Haswells (and Broadwells). Intel dropped XP support as of the Panther Point chipsets (B75-Z77), so that's where driver availability problems begin: there's no support for on-chip graphics nor for intel USB 3.0 since x7x (viz. Panther Point chipsets).

I have XP SP3 on an 3770K i7 (Ivy Bridge) on a Z68 based motherboard (Asus P8Z68-V LX): it works perfectly.

The i7 4820K / X79 is the most recent Processor/Chipset combination reported to be fully functional with XP x86, AFAIK.

AFAICS, i7 4930K or 4960X should also work, but nobody, AFAIK, ever tested either.

• 3 weeks later...

There's few, but the only ones still working with XP are are chinese...

Just like with good ol' Windows 98 SE, LOL.

Actually, XP's been working fine with my Sabertooth 990 FX R 2.0!

If you keep getting the dreaded STOP: 0x0000007B BSOD, even with "IDE mode" in the BIOS on the Sabertooth 990 FX R 2.0, it means you're probably using the beige SATA ports.

*** Don't use the beige SATA ports! ***

They don't support PATA emulation!

You must use the brown SATA ports. I believe the brown SATA ports are the native AMD ones.

Edited by RJARRRPCGP

If he were to run XP In a VM then he would have to have XP or above installed. Not really sure he wants to pay for Win7+ just to run XP (which he already has).

Unless I'm missing something?

... *like* running a VM inside - say - Linux? :whistle:

jaclaz