Win7 available unattended programs?

Hello, I'd like to create an unattended Win7 installation with the latest KB patches and some custom settings&tweaks (expecially the Usb3.0 patcher).

I'm quite confused, however, about the current available programs.

- 7Customizer and RT Se7en Lite seem dead.

- the new nLite (still beta) will costs 45$ even for home users!?

- maybe there's a Win Toolkit 2 program (download?) with a limited (how?) free version.

- other alternatives?

- Windows Updates Downloader has stopped updating its lists in 2015\03.

- I could start from it anyway, but I don't know if it's good for Win7 Pro and if it excludes any bad update (eg: Win10, telemetry)

- other alternatives?

Can you help me, please?

WUD for Windows 7 (no longer maintained) BUT...

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/139877-post-sp1-updates-for-windows-7-updated-25032015/#entry1109454

WinToolKit to integrate (it's FREE duh!).

http://www.overclock.net/t/1313265/guide-using-win-toolkit-integrate-updates-drivers-customize-windows-7-8

Just remove any Win10 stuff from the WUD (ref. first link).

BTW, ntLite is actually free for basic usage. Only the Advanced you don't get unless you pay for it.

HTH

WUD for Windows 7 (no longer maintained) BUT...

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/139877-post-sp1-updates-for-windows-7-updated-25032015/#entry1109454

WinToolKit to integrate (it's FREE duh!).

http://www.overclock.net/t/1313265/guide-using-win-toolkit-integrate-updates-drivers-customize-windows-7-8

Just remove any Win10 stuff from the WUD (ref. first link).

BTW, ntLite is actually free for basic usage. Only the Advanced you don't get unless you pay for it.

Thanks submix8c :)

Basically I have to register to Wincert lol.

About ntLite, I wonder if I'll need the "full component removal" and "auto-fill options".

The dev should have asked for 20$ max :|

Anyway, do you also know where I could buy a legit Win7 key for a new pc?

MS only offers Win10!

Edited by phaolo

1 - So sign up! ;)

2 - You want to do *more* than Integrate fixes? :huh:

3 - Nope, sorry. Try Google "Windows 7" (in quotes) and get Media and Key together (while they last). :yes:

1- ok lol.

2- with the old nLite I've also tweaked Windows a lot.

3- I'm looking for Win7 Pro SP1 X64 (ideally U).

Could these be legit?

- ita store

- uk store

Edited by phaolo

Could these be legit?

- ita store

- uk store

Define "legit" first.

An OEM version is not really-really "legit" if not acquired together with some hardware (and the discussions of what piece of hardware is "enough" to be considered "valid" accompanying the software would need a looong, separated thread).

If you read the opinons on the Amazon site (that one as well as many other ones) you will likely see that what you may actually get is often either a "fake" or some used OEM disk (which definitely are not "legit").

Such opinions are "product related" and not "seller related", so you have no real way to know what you will actually get.

If you want the "real thing" you'd better ask/look for a GGK:

http://www.microsoft.com/it-it/softwareoriginale/genuinekit/default.aspx

https://www.microsoft.com/OEM/it/licensing/antipiracy/Pages/get_genuine_kit.aspx

WITHOUT ANY ENDORSEMENT whatsoever for the given links, see here (only examples):

http://www.senetic.it/product/6PC-00020

http://www.monclick.it/schede/microsoft/6PC-00022/get-genuine-kit-per-win-7-pro-sp1---oem.htm

http://computer.milano.it/catalog/product/view/id/146121

In any case you want to look for "GGK" or "Get Genuine Kit" and/or product "6PC-00022".

jaclaz

Define "legit" first.

An OEM version is not really-really "legit" if not acquired together with some hardware[..]

what you may actually get is often either a "fake" or some used OEM disk[..]

If you want the "real thing" you'd better ask/look for a GGK[..] or "Get Genuine Kit" and/or product "6PC-00022".

Ah.. well, it seems legit enough for me, then. :P

It's already incredible that I'm willing to pay 120€ for it lol.

That italian store reported a GGK and it's known, so I should be fine, hopefully.

Thanks Jaclaz.

Edited by phaolo

• 4 weeks later...

Could these be legit?

In any case you want to look for "GGK" or "Get Genuine Kit" and/or product "6PC-00022".

Hey jaclaz, but the info says: "GGK is never to be used for new PCs. It can be used only to legalize Windows software on an existing PC.".

I'm confused.. O_o

(I was going to buy Win7 for a new pc and possibly use it with an updated ISO)

Edited by phaolo

Hey jaclaz, but the info says: "GGK is never to be used for new PCs. It can be used only to legalize Windows software on an existing PC.".

I'm confused.. O_o

Well, it's easy.

On day one:

1. You get a new PC.
  2. You (fake to) install a Warez release to it.

The next day:

1. the PC is not new anymore (it's one day old, and it's existing ;))
  2. you (claim to) discover that on the PC there is non-genuine Windows install
  3. you can (re-)install the Windows 7 through the GGK 

The note you cited is probably because you cannot have the GGK accompanying a new PC, i.e. the seller of a new PC can only accompany it with an OEM license (thus taking the responsibility of support) or with a "full" license, which - if available is way costlier than OEM (but allows for transferring the OS to a new system), whilst the GGK is more similar to a "full" license (i.e. MS has the responsibility for support) though it keeps the limitation of non-transferability.

Of course in the real world neither the OEM nor MS will ever provide any meaningful support anyway. :no:

jaclaz

I'm confused.. O_o

Well, it's easy.

1. You (fake to) install a Warez release to it  [..]
  2. you (claim to) discover that on the PC there is non-genuine Windows install

Umm.. fake to install? :dubbio:

Also:

- communicating to MS that I'm running some warez version seems a bit weird :blink:

- can they refuse the request? Or only offer Win10?

- could I still use the key with an official (but updated) ISO?

Umm.. fake to install? :dubbio:

Also:

- communicating to MS that I'm running some warez version seems a bit weird :blink:

- can they refuse the request? Or only offer Win10?

- could I still use the key with an official (but updated) ISO?

Actually you are not communicating anything to MS (and in any case you faked to install Warez, you just claimed that you had just discovered that someone had done that), you are just buying from an Authorized reseller a GGK.

If the Windows 7 GGK is available for sale, it is available for sale, you buy it, the seller gets the money, everything is cool and dandy.

What you buy is a license and the proof of it being legal is (besides the original media you will be given) the sticker that you have to put on your PC. 

When (if) the MS police SWAT :w00t: will break into your house at dawn :ph34r: they won't find any Warez installed on your PC. :no:

If at the time of the break-in you will have already installed the GGK there will be no traces of the (previously faked) Warez install, if you haven't yet they will find you with a PC with no OS installed and you might claim that you already wiped the hard disk .

Of course there is a concrete possibility that they are monitoring this thread and watching every move you make (and also every breath you take) but the most they will be able to do would be to sue you for falsely confessing a crime that noone ever committed.

There is a remote possibility that you will be subjected to an "extraordinary rendition", but as the name implies it would be "extraordinary". :whistle:

jaclaz

[..]When (if) the MS police SWAT :w00t: will break into your house at dawn :ph34r: they won't find any Warez installed on your PC. :no:

[..]There is a remote possibility that you will be subjected to an "extraordinary rendition", but as the name implies it would be "extraordinary". :whistle:

:angel:whistle:

Ok, in the meantime I'm trying Win Toolkit to create an image with integrated updates.

The first problem, however, is that a downloaded official Win7 iso doesn't appear in it..

(I've also tried my user folder for it)

post-130686-0-86443700-1449872815_thumb.

Edited by phaolo

win toolkit is dog s***

out of all UI tools for modifying win 7, RT7 is best, trust me

you can integrate drivers and hotfixes with it you can also put in any CMD or external program with it to run before 1st login,

it works with SP1, so its not outdated at all, just the development stopped

and as usually goes, you have to know what to "not remove" to not break the Installation/OS

for direct modifying the WIM, you have free 7zip which actually replaces for me stupid win toolkit

Edited by vinifera