How to Remove Watermark ? there is not any significant explanation in

wwyapple

Of the twelve plus years I've had WPI I've gotten less than a hundred dollars per year in unsolicited donations. That not even enough to cover hosting and net costs much less hardware and educating resources.

Mind you this is also for software that is fully free for private use no limits, nags or differences.

I've had as many as a hundred thousand downloads in a month also.

I was't clear over your roules, jaclaz,

I have supported bigmuscle since early -13 and OC I use a key on my machins, except for my windows 10 insider machine. Uptil mid dec-15 when it completly broke down, (since it won't update any more). After a clean install of w10 I decided to end my window insider roll, bc it did't make any sence to go on really.

But under those 13-14 mounths I did't use any key and did not have any problems with BM watermark on my lower right corner ( for a long period windows watermark was there as well.....

So whats your point, really?

So whats your point, really?

The point is only  that - generally speaking - people using this program (like most of the people around) are wanting to have it for free or *need* to be "forced" to donate.

Of course there are exceptions (like you :)),  but as said you represent an exception and not the "common" or the "ordinary".

As a side note, the watermark in the corner seems (to me) not that big an issue, still one every - say - 5 posts on the board revolves around how to remove it (possibly for free).

And this - mind you - is not really about "money", even when/where a simple "thank you" (only if sincere and coming from the bottom of one's heart, without any explicit request for it) would have been appreciated, they are surprisingly scarce.

Just as an example, check here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/forum/157-install-windows-from-usb/

the "Install Windows from USB" threads have together more than 2500 replies and more than 7 millions views, yet the "Credits and thank you" thread has 17500 views and only 12 replies (from which - if you remove the posts by the "usual suspects" - only 8 are actual "thank you's), even if you count the various thank you's on the main threads you can count maybe 100 (one hundred) of them.

jaclaz

Well ...I think this is a growing thing in the world today. More and more people only think of them self and want things for free as it would bee ones rights and OC no thanks....

I don't have nothing against free or open source software but If I realy like it I will donate or pay for it ofcourse

Ps in my time and I'm talking about 1984 I did a lot of programming for fun and shared it with my friends there was no internet so no need for asking money to strange people who could say thanks :P

Edited by endbase

• 5 weeks later...

I also wish there was a more concrete answer to this. I'd be happy to donate if there was an assurance somewhere that doing so would actually remove the watermark, rather then the confusing doublespeak currently used.

I also wish there was a more concrete answer to this. I'd be happy to donate if there was an assurance somewhere that doing so would actually remove the watermark, rather then the confusing doublespeak currently used.

It removes the watermark.

2qajlgl.png

Edited by cmdshft