How to Remove Watermark ? there is not any significant explanation in

wwyapple

Everything is on that page.  There are even suggested donations.  Yes, the watermark is removed with your license.  Once you donate, and get a password you can logon to your support profile and submit your machine code for a key.

• 1 month later...

Everything is on that page.  There are even suggested donations.  Yes, the watermark is removed with your license.  Once you donate, and get a password you can logon to your support profile and submit your machine code for a key.

I'm afraid I have to disagree, dhjohns. That page doesn't mention anything about differences in the software when the user hasn't donated – actually it doesn't imply that donating would change anything at all. It only talks about motivating the developer and a thank you email. So no, everything's not on that page. Your post right there has more information than the page. I'm sorry, I like the software, but a lot of the communication could be better.

Soooo... The policy is that "all donators separately and independently happen to receive a version without a watermark, and this is not official even though everyone (for example, dhjohns just there) states it as a rule and a fact"? I mean, bigmuscle is certainly entitled to creating whatever licensing terms he wants, but why would anyone want something like this? What's wrong with openly stating the reward for paying? The current system is confusing until you dive into the forums for stories about donations, and accomplishes... what, that no one has to admit the full software is paid? Is it because silently watermarked freeware (and a "secret" private full version) would look better to the visitor than straight-up paid software? Really, I'm interested.

There should be some mention somewhere on the website regarding the behaviour of the free version.

There is something here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/173139-read-first/

• This application is free. However, it does not mean that you can use all of this features. It simply means that it is freely available to download, it can be freely used for personal and business use, on unlimited number of computers, by unlimited number of users and for unlimited time, and it provides you promised Aero Glass effect for free.
  • If you want to remove desktop watermark, read this page: http://glass8.eu/support.php
Though the Author insists that it doesn't count, see here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/174668-experimental-builds/page-10#entry1112583

b) user talking about removing watermark by paying/buying/donating... where is this written that it will happen? Sorry, but if he is paying for something which has not been specified then he is really stupid. It is same as randomly sending money to someone and then saying that I payed him because I want his car. Isn't it stupid?

c) again, user talking that he is donating because "it effectively removes the nag" ... where did he find such information? On my website? No, it is again only his fabricate.

jaclaz

b) user talking about removing watermark by paying/buying/donating... where is this written that it will happen? Sorry, but if he is paying for something which has not been specified then he is really stupid. It is same as randomly sending money to someone and then saying that I payed him because I want his car. Isn't it stupid?

The funniest part is the whole area he has dedicated to managing licenses and activating/deactivation of them, this in itself belies the fact that you are actually buying licenses. You only gain access to them by donating. He can call it what he wants but blue is blue, the kettle is black and most are only donating to get rid of the watermark.

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

...and most are only donating to get rid of the watermark.

You know this, how?

From statistics, not a really valid way to prove anything of course, but still not that bad at giving hints.

Out of 100 posts on the board:

• 22 are about some issues with the program
  • 5 are some discussion on the licensing model and/or abut calling things with their name
  • 73 are more or less related to either how ugly/intrusive the watermark is or about how to remove it or how to enter the license donation key or on how to give money to bigmuscle to remove the watermark (or on how the donation is connected to watermark removing)

Strangely enough there is not a single post (AFAICR) about someone willing to donate some money out of sheer love for the tool.

This of course may well mean that tens, hundreds or thousands of people donated a few bucks expressly and only for the development of the tool but since they never attempted to get a license donation key, nor to "install" it, they never had any issue with the procedure and so they had no reason to post. :unsure:

jaclaz

Let's change that....Happy New (develop) Year, Tomas!

7zBG6x8.png

Nice :thumbup , but - unfortunately :( - not enough by itself :no:.

We need also a screenshot of your desktop WITH the watermark and a signed affidavit that you did NOT install any donation.key.

jaclaz