[OLD] Experimental builds

bigmuscle

I had Classic Shell on 10240 build to enable blur on the taskbar,

After 10586 update classic shell is not running but taskbar is blurred

- is it an Aeroglass dev build 491 feature, Classic Shell update bug or random Microsoft experiment that enables blur on the taskbar in my 10586 build now?

I think it may be some sort of Classic Shell update bug. I have never used Classic Shell. I love the new Start Menu. I have always used SetWindowCompositionAttribute to get taskbar blur.

- is it an Aeroglass dev build 491 feature, Classic Shell update bug or random Microsoft experiment that enables blur on the taskbar in my 10586 build now?

Classic Shell is still working for me on 10586 and aeroglass dev build #506. But if you only using Classic Shell just for taskbar blur then you better of using SetWindowCompositionAttribute for taskbar blur

Classic Shell is still working for me on 10586 and aeroglass dev build #506. But if you only using Classic Shell just for taskbar blur then you better of using SetWindowCompositionAttribute for taskbar blur
This is how you do it.

Classic Shell didn't start up on boot after 10586 update was installed and taskbar wasn't blurred -

but instead of starting the Classic Shell manually or reinstalling it i downloaded Aero Glass 491 and the taskbar got blurred.

Classic Shell is not running in the Task manager and i don't really need SetWindowComposition cause 491 makes it blurred by default

Classic Shell didn't start up on boot after 10586 update was installed and taskbar wasn't blurred -

It may be still installed and partially running.  It continued to run for most folks after the 10586 update.

-Noel

Judging by blur deviation setting on the taskbar matching the window frame and lack of any traces in Task Scheduler the only leftovers might be some modified system files or registry settings. I actually run uninstall for Classic Shell and it might have reverted some 10240 files or registry settings.

Classic Shell always didn't match the blur on the windows - with straight lines from the wallpaper visibly overblurred compared to blur on windows frames

Was it reported yet if programs installed on 10240 can revert old files if uninstalled under 10586?

Everything is working great with build #506 in threshold 2, i had some problems with UxThemeSignatureBypass and text in titlebar, but, finally is working, yes, i like complete transparency in titlebar and taskbar, no color, no blur, only glass reflection, i'm using clsharp_v4.2 theme, thanks Bigmuscle:

original.jpg

Edited by carlitosoo555

Note how screen grabs like the one shown by dhjohns above include pixels from outside the "borderless" application, because there actually IS a control out there. 

That's just one of the many things I dislike about the poorly integrated [lack of] design that is the Windows desktop.  It's like children who know nothing of design (much less GOOD design) worked it over in the name of "new and improved".

-Noel

Even while using NoelC's SquareBorders105986 theme atlas (Colored version), I still have the issue with the modern app titlebars. Also, where is this opacity slider for adjusting the transparency?

screenshot_30.png

Thanks, that worked. I still don't have any clue on the modern app titlebars since I changed a themeatlas and still had it

Note how screen grabs like the one shown by dhjohns above include pixels from outside the "borderless" application, because there actually IS a control out there. 

That's just one of the many things I dislike about the poorly integrated [lack of] design that is the Windows desktop.  It's like children who know nothing of design (much less GOOD design) worked it over in the name of "new and improved".

-Noel

I see what you speak of Noel, but I think it is more a function of postimage, because the actual appearance of the window on my monitor doesn't look like that.