[OLD] Experimental builds

bigmuscle

LOL. You opt-in to the insider program, it installs updates like its supposed to and then you want it to ask you permission to do it??? It's doing its job. It's doing what you already gave it permission to do when you clicked the button to join the insider program and selected the fast ring.

Also, cumulative updates require a restart. Your PC restarted at some point after 14393.5 was installed.

Oh, and 14393.31 is going to possibly be the next version we get later this week or even on 8/2.

20 minutes ago, raiden89 said:

LOL. You opt-in to the insider program, it installs updates like its supposed to and then you want it to ask you permission to do it??? It's doing its job. It's doing what you already gave it permission to do when you clicked the button to join the insider program and selected the fast ring.

Also, cumulative updates require a restart. Your PC restarted at some point after 14393.5 was installed.

I could not have said it better 

6 minutes ago, NoelC said:

There are folks who STILL don't know how to take control of when Windows Update runs?

http://www.infoworld.com/article/3053701/microsoft-windows/block-windows-10-forced-updates-without-breaking-your-machine-part-2.html

-Noel

I wondered the same thing. I always configure auto updates to notify me when available but don't download/install via the Group policy workaround on new Win 10 Pro machines.

24 minutes ago, NoelC said:

There are folks who STILL don't know how to take control of when Windows Update runs?

http://www.infoworld.com/article/3053701/microsoft-windows/block-windows-10-forced-updates-without-breaking-your-machine-part-2.html

-Noel

The point went right over your head. This isn't about "blocking updates" or "choosing when to install them" for those OUTSIDE of the Insider Preview. When you opt-in to it, you are already under the impression that updates are going to come through and you should install them unimpeded. Comparing apples to oranges.

There is absolutely NO point in blocking updates from coming through if you are opted into the program. That makes no sense, whatsoever. If you want those updates to stop, then OPT OUT and wait to get them like everyone else.

10 minutes ago, raiden89 said:

The point went right over your head. This isn't about "blocking updates" or "choosing when to install them" for those OUTSIDE of the Insider Preview. When you opt-in to it, you are already under the impression that updates are going to come through and you should install them unimpeded. Comparing apples to oranges.

There is absolutely NO point in blocking updates from coming through if you are opted into the program. That makes no sense, whatsoever. If you want those updates to stop, then OPT OUT and wait to get them like everyone else.

But wouldn't you be better off being notified rather than the update install happening without you knowing it? It's not a matter of "blocking" it's about being told when updates are available.

Edited by groomp

I joined the insider fast program to get updates for this as quick as possible. I follow On MSFT (formerly WinBeta) and Windows Central in Nextgen Reader and Facebook on my phone and computers so trust me, when something new comes out, I know about it.

I didn't join the "FAST" ring to "slow" things down. ;)

17 hours ago, iweksler said:

It installed it automatically without my sensing it even, as it didn't require a restart. Too bad, gotta change that. Should be asking me permission to install it...

From Windows Insider Program page:

Sin título.jpg

Edited by carlitosoo555

I tried to get the latest symbol of 14393.5, but can only get dwmcore.pdb. uDwm.pdb and ApplicationFrame.pdb are not found.

When I update the symbol and restart, my GPU driver crashes.

Moreover, the watermark will be shown not only on desktop, but also in front of a full screen application.

On 30/07/2016 at 6:32 PM, huoyaoyuan said:

I tried to get the latest symbol of 14393.5, but can only get dwmcore.pdb. uDwm.pdb and ApplicationFrame.pdb are not found.

When I update the symbol and restart, my GPU driver crashes.

Moreover, the watermark will be shown not only on desktop, but also in front of a full screen application.

Symbols is not usually available for Windows 10 Insider Builds and with the watermark will go away if you donate for this aeroglass.

1 hour ago, NoelC said:

I'd say any OS that doesn't bow down in complete humility to its user and respect its user's wishes is malware and needs to be flushed.  But what do I know.

-Noel

This is the agreement of the Windows Insider Program: https://insider.windows.com/Home/TermsOfUse

anyone who enters the program should read it before.