[OLD] Experimental builds

bigmuscle

On 6/26/2016 at 11:13 AM, daveo76 said:

Thanks for trying. I get so annoyed why Microsoft keeps changing how the Windows theme works

I think I found a workaround for the opacity to stay as defined in AeroGlass GUI after restart. Go to "Personalization" and select Aero Lite theme. Then set all the parameters in the GUI. Restart and the values are kept (after you say "cancel" to the message about symbols).

As a matter of fact, the Clsharp_4.4.png theme atlas doesn't work for Aero Lite theme. Only the atlas I extracted from the Aero Lite   works. And all windows have a millimeter wide glass frame (including modern apps).

You can go back to Aero theme. The settings defined in the GUI are still kept after restart. For this theme the clsharp_4.4.png atlas works and there is no frame.

Warning: don't try the Colored theme. Got my system stuck. Had to go into the safe mode and run the Windows repair... Why is this happening? Your guess is as good as mine or maybe better. Something to do with this theme being obsolete (it's pretty old if look at it's date). Looks like MS just spit in there own well... 

Just buy this for what it's worth. I feel like an id*** since I have no idea what the MS guys are doing to the theme mechanism every new build...

Edited by iweksler

1 hour ago, iweksler said:

I think I found a workaround for the opacity to stay as defined in AeroGlass GUI after restart. Go to "Personalization" and select Aero Lite theme. Then set all the parameters in the GUI. Restart and the values are kept (after you say "cancel" to the message about symbols).

As a matter of fact, the Clsharp_4.4.png theme atlas doesn't work for Aero Lite theme. Only the atlas I extracted from the Aero Lite   works. And all windows have a millimeter wide glass frame (including modern apps).

You can go back to Aero theme. The settings defined in the GUI are still kept after restart. For this theme the clsharp_4.4.png atlas works and there is no frame.

Warning: don't try the Colored theme. Got my system stuck. Had to go into the safe mode and run the Windows repair... Why is this happening? Your guess is as good as mine or maybe better. Something to do with this theme being obsolete (it's pretty old if look at it's date). Looks like MS just spit in there own well... 

Just buy this for what it's worth. I feel like an id*** since I have no idea what the MS guys are doing to the theme mechanism every new build...

Thanks for that info. Doing that worked for me. How on earth did you work that out.

>I have no idea what the MS guys are doing to the theme mechanism every new build...

I'd say they're systematically making it as difficult as possible to alter.  In any case, it's wrong to think a prototype or even recently released OS can easily be re-themed, which by definition relies on undocumented, unsupported operations.

Microsoft is doing all this stuff on purpose precisely because they DON'T want us re-theming or changing the OS outside of their minimal settings any more.  Ask yourself this:  Does releasing a new operating system several times a year make any sense for any other reason?  They want to lead, not be user-driven, and you do that by keeping users - especially savvy users - constantly in "catch up" mode.  People WILL get tired of constantly having to re-do their tweaks.

If I were using Windows 10 for anything other than a test VM - which I don't plan to change any time soon - I'd certainly set my system up for the 3 month new release delay, though even that is not enough.  A new OS every few years makes some sense.  Not more often.

-Noel

19 minutes ago, mikedigitize said:

It say 1607 and the insidertext is gone (below Bigmuscle notis) ...so

Microsoft mentioned there still going be few more insider builds before anniversary. Also on last few Insider Builds it had 1607 written on it.

http://www.winbeta.org/news/microsoft-releases-windows-10-build-14383-fast-ring-insiders

Edited by daveo76

6 hours ago, carlitosoo555 said:

Aeroglass has some glitches on modern apps in build 14383, works well in file explorer and browser:

That been like that for last few builds. I think BigMuscle is waiting for the anniversary build to come out to update aeroglass :)