[OLD] Experimental builds

bigmuscle

1 hour ago, daveo76 said:

For modern apps no. For previous Insider builds it had been not fully working

Thanks for the answer, i wanted to be sure because i have tried everything, but, Aeroglass not work in modern apps in this particular build.

Edited by carlitosoo555

3 hours ago, Dreamweaver01 said:

Just updated to build 14372 and AeroGlass is working about as good as in 14371 :w00t:
Modern Apps are only working to keep some headings black when using the dark theme, set in colors.

I installed 14371 and 14372, Aeroglass don't work in modern apps there, i need to use some modern apps, so, i return to build 14367, there are no notable changes or novelties in the new builds, like i said before, not worth the upgrade, i think Aeroglass working again on modern apps in some new build, then, It will be worth the update.

Edited by carlitosoo555

Since Windows 10 build 14371 when using AeroGlassGUI Opacity keeps going back up to 77% every time I restart/start my PC & every time UAC pops up. I keep having to change it to 0%. Is anyone else having that problem.

9 hours ago, daveo76 said:

Since Windows 10 build 14371 when using AeroGlassGUI Opacity keeps going back up to 77% every time I restart/start my PC & every time UAC pops up. I keep having to change it to 0%. Is anyone else having that problem.

Not here, once it's set and saved, it stays constant for 14371/72.
Although, I never have UAC popup cause it's set all the way down.

37 minutes ago, daveo76 said:

Is there another way I can make it stay constant.

Are you using a theme or atlas file? Maybe they might interfering, if you are.
I'm using mrgrims Aero Frost theme which works with or w/out aero glass.

20 hours ago, daveo76 said:

I am having that too. I tried to change the ColorizationColor alpha (leftmost 2 digits, like c4 in 0xc47a7574 are opacity: c4/ff =~ 77%) to 0x34... , which is supposed to be 20.4%. But after restart it goes back to 0xc4... and the opacity goes back to 77%. I noticed that the aero.theme, aerolite.theme and colored.theme have now the ColorizationColor variable and it is set to 0Xc40078D7. So I set it to 0X340078D7 (in safe mode). This did not help. And the values of ColorizationColor in the registry all go back to 0xc47a7574 after restart. So, maybe some more experienced and knowledgeable friends on the forum can advise?

7 hours ago, Dreamweaver01 said:

Are you using a theme or atlas file? Maybe they might interfering, if you are.
I'm using mrgrims Aero Frost theme which works with or w/out aero glass.

No not using any themes. I've tried many aeroglass themes but none work on Windows 10 Insider Preview builds

4 hours ago, iweksler said:

I am having that too. I tried to change the ColorizationColor alpha (leftmost 2 digits, like c4 in 0xc47a7574 are opacity: c4/ff =~ 77%) to 0x34... , which is supposed to be 20.4%. But after restart it goes back to 0xc4... and the opacity goes back to 77%. I noticed that the aero.theme, aerolite.theme and colored.theme have now the ColorizationColor variable and it is set to 0Xc40078D7. So I set it to 0X340078D7 (in safe mode). This did not help. And the values of ColorizationColor in the registry all go back to 0xc47a7574 after restart. So, maybe some more experienced and knowledgeable friends on the forum can advise?

Thanks for trying. I get so annoyed why Microsoft keeps changing how the Windows theme works

Edited by daveo76

Just had something really crazy happen:

I updated another laptop from 14367 to 14372 and the update went fine.
But after finding I couldn't get aero glass to work right, which worked fine on another laptop, made me stop and troubleshoot.
What I finally found was my bios had been set to default settings, which included secure boot was on.
Once I changed to my setting, all is working well.

Anyone else have this happen?

9 minutes ago, Dreamweaver01 said:

What I finally found was my bios had been set to default settings, which included secure boot was on.

Out of curiosity, BIOS or UEFI? :dubbio:

jaclaz