[OLD] Experimental builds

bigmuscle

18 hours ago, MrGRiM said:

Symbols are downloading and working on the latest RS1 build 14352 but only with blur radius set to 0, any attempt to add blur will result in a flashing black screen when trying to move a window.

Not worth downloading symbols if it only works with blur radius set to 0. That my opinion

18 hours ago, daveo76 said:

Not worth downloading symbols if it only works with blur radius set to 0. That my opinion

I would agree if I used glass8 for blur but I always have it set to 0 anyway and now I have no watermark or nagging popups to get a licence so for me it's perfect.

11 hours ago, carlitosoo555 said:

Again, Aeroglass doesn't work in new build 14361,

Not only doesn't work - causes the Windows crash. And then all the crap with getting to restart into safe mode...

As one who understands the "joy of discovery of new things" very well, in today's world I'm still motivated to ask:

What do the new Windows 10 pre-release builds bring that is actually new and exciting, so as to offset the pain of having the things broken over and over again - such as Aero Glass that we rely upon to make our desktop experience actually palatable?  Are new things showing up in the App Store that are now worthwhile?  Last I looked it was all still junkware there.

Will Big Muscle update Aero Glass to work with Redstone 1 when it's released?  Time will tell - I hope so - but I'm quite convinced now that if I WERE to adopt Win 10 for actual use (rather than just testing on a VM) I'd certainly go with the 3 month delay setting, so that 3rd party developers will have had a chance to update their wares before I even saw it.  Even then I'd probably exercise control over the update process and delay the in-place upgrades even longer.

-Noel

11 hours ago, iweksler said:

Not only doesn't work - causes the Windows crash. And then all the crap with getting to restart into safe mode...

Yes, i had the same problem, this build has so little changes and novelties, not worth the upgrade, i ended returning to build 14352, where Aeroglass works almost perfectly, until Microsoft release a new build.

Edited by carlitosoo555

Do I detect rounded corners on that icon?  :ph34r:  And shading?  :w00t:

But it has orthogonal projection, so it's completely wrong no matter how well shaded it looks.  Like looking at Windows 10 through a telescope.

Windows 10 is certainly a system that has lost perspective.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

22 hours ago, carlitosoo555 said:

Yes, i had the same problem, this build has so little changes and novelties, not worth the upgrade, i ended returning to build 14352, where Aeroglass works almost perfectly, until Microsoft release a new build.

Yeah, gonna do the same tomorrow. it's not only AeroGlass. There are a few more things wrong with this build. The new insiders leader appears a disappointment, ah?  Well, give the girl one more chance... 

I haven't found anything wrong with 14361 yet.  I always use Windows 10 on bare metal as my main drive.  That is the only way to really test it.  I do make custom ISOs, and I do test those on Hyper-V, but I don't use VMs for any regular testing.  So far as Aeroglass is concerned, I haven't used it in months.  I really haven't missed it, but once rs1 is RTM, and if Bigmuscle adapts Aeroglass for it, and if there is a nice themeatlas, I will go into Task Scheduler, and re-enable it.

On Thursday, June 9, 2016 at 9:38 PM, NoelC said:

Do I detect rounded corners on that icon?  :ph34r:  And shading?  :w00t:

But it has orthogonal projection, so it's completely wrong no matter how well shaded it looks.  Like looking at Windows 10 through a telescope.

Interesting. Could you expand on that? Is it just because the drive in the picture is pointed slightly to the left while the disc is pointed forward?

There's no perspective.  They dropped all perspective and switched to orthogonal projection (where all lines in each dimension are parallel) with Windows 10.

Why?

I imagine someone in Microsoft Marketing decided that perspective from now on should only be embraced in the Hololens or some stupid thing like that.  That way there will be a difference in how "rich" the virtual reality experience will feel vs. the desktop.  They're trying to herd us off the desktop without having anything substantial to substitute for it.

Shakespeare was off a bit...  He should have said, "let's kill all the marketers".

-Noel

Bravo, BigMuscle.  I for one am VERY happy to hear you'll be supporting the next release of Win 10.

If I can help test please let me know.  I'm sure that goes without saying for many others here as well.

-Noel