[OLD] Experimental builds

bigmuscle

• 2 weeks later...

4 hours ago, daveo76 said:

AeroGlass doesn't work at all on build 14295. Causes Windows to show black screen. Typical of Microsoft doing consent changes. I feel sorry for BigMuscle and theme makers.

Not my experiance tho:

8Xv1OKy.png

6 hours ago, daveo76 said:

AeroGlass doesn't work at all on build 14295. Causes Windows to show black screen. Typical of Microsoft doing consent changes. I feel sorry for BigMuscle and theme makers.

In my case works great without any problems, only in modern apps doesn't work at all.

Sin título.jpg

Edited by carlitosoo555

5 hours ago, carlitosoo555 said:

In my case works great without any problems, only in modern apps doesn't work at all.

Sin título.jpg

Thanks for the tip about it not working for modern app. I've installed it again but unchecked modern app and it worked

Edited by daveo76
Update

19 hours ago, daveo76 said:

Worked for all the rs1 builds including 14295, actually, improving with each build. Except for the atlas themes (with .layout, which nobody has made for the rs1 yet). And the maddening nagging non-compatible symbols alert...

• 4 weeks later...

For me version 1.4.5 seems to work fine with build 10586.218.

Check your software version (look in debug.log)...  Should be 1.4.5.520.

The symbol file I have is uDWM.pdb and it's dated March 3, 2016.

ScreenGrab_W10_04_20_2016_084121.jpg

What does your debug.log show for a recent bootup?

-Noel

I checked all the stuff you mention and then I noticed one thing. In the debug file it says this, "Aero Glass for Win8.1 v1.3.2 DEBUG X64 correctly loaded..." wtf? shouldn't it say 1.4.5 in there?
I will delete everything except symbols and reinstall to see if it works..
Edit: well that was apparently because new logs are written below and not above.. anyway my udwm file is of 18 of March and has different size.. maybe it is an incorrect version?

Edited by Ronin2011

Sounds like you had the wrong version installed.

You probably don't need to uninstall everything.  Just visit the download page and get the latest release package, and replace the files.

-Noel

Yes ofc.. I have enough experience with the program and in general. I just stopped using Win10 for some time and now I can't get it to work. rip
One thing I forgot to mention. I'm running the windows on Oracles Virtual machine.. maybe this is the problem?

Edited by Ronin2011

5 hours ago, Ronin2011 said:

I'm running the windows on Oracles Virtual machine.. maybe this is the problem?

I think this might be more of a question for @NoelC; however from my time with VMs it could be possible that it is a problem with the VM (I had problems enabling aero on Vista and 7 on virtual box). I personally have not used this program on a VM mainly because the few times I've used Win10 in a VM it was mainly to see what changes have occurred, how it affects compatibility, and what can/cannot be affected (before the commercial release my win10 VMs were trial runs to see what the OS would be like).

• 3 weeks later...