[OLD] Experimental builds

bigmuscle

I installed the stable version just released (v.1.4.5) and I could swear that at first the minimize and half-screen to full-screen buttons were blue when hovering over them--now no color at all (close button has always been red).  I made some adjustments with the AreoGlassGUI.exe--was it something I did in there that changed them?  Anyone have any idea how to get back the blue colors?  Tried uninstall and re-install to no avail.  Thank you!

Which themeatlas are you using? I use SquareCornersNoExtraColor10586.png with the layout file and have the blue and red buttons. Also make sure install aero glass theme is unchecked when installing.

I installed the stable version just released (v.1.4.5) and I could swear that at first the minimize and half-screen to full-screen buttons were blue when hovering over them--now no color at all (close button has always been red).  I made some adjustments with the AreoGlassGUI.exe--was it something I did in there that changed them?  Anyone have any idea how to get back the blue colors?  Tried uninstall and re-install to no avail.  Thank you!

Which themeatlas are you using? I use SquareCornersNoExtraColor10586.png with the layout file and have the blue and red buttons. Also make sure install aero glass theme is unchecked when installing.

Thanks for replying.  To be honest I'm a little lost.  Where can I get that that theme and would I enter that under Theme atlas image in the Theme & Appearance using The AeroGlassGUI.exe program?

Edited by genecooper

Not sure where it is. I will look around for the post, it's either in this thread or the themeatlas thread from NoelC.

Once downloaded it is selected under Theme and Appearance tab called theme atlas image in the AeroGUI.

Edit: It's here http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/174668-experimental-builds/page-6#entry1112005

Edited by groomp

Not sure where it is. I will look around for the post, it's either in this thread or the themeatlas thread from NoelC.

Once downloaded it is selected under Theme and Appearance tab called theme atlas image in the AeroGUI.

Edit: It's here http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/174668-experimental-builds/page-6#entry1112005

Thanks!  Looks quite a bit better and have the colors back.  Far from an expert in configuring this!

Edited by genecooper

Ok, so after testing 1.4.5 on 11082, I can conclude that it mostly works except for the fact that Modern App Titlebars text and buttons are super big on 150% DPI. It looks best on 100% DPI.

Edited by MineMasterHD

iweksler: do I understand that this happens only with that dock application? Is this application free and is it possible to download it somewhere?

This is what he uses. It has a free version and a paid version.

http://www.winstep.net/nexus.asp

And any special settings? I tried to install and I don't see any problem.

Guys, the instability happens only for multiple monitors, When I switch to single monitor mode everything is rock stable - with or without Nexus. With two monitors it becomes unstable, the instability becoming significantly worse with Nexus. I have two monitors: 1 - 1920x1080 2 - 1600x1200.

My configuration of Nexus:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=3622EFE518296C3!442&authkey=!ACguqP_lagIHdok&ithint=folder%2c

After some experimenting I observed the following phenomenon: after the display settings are redefined to one monitor the things get stabilized after a minute. Then when I go back to two monitors - everything remains stable. So far, the instability doesn't return.

These are my observations, which are pretty dumb (intentionally) since I don't know how the program works... Hope this helps.

Thanks for your information. Unfortunately, I am not able to reproduce this problem.

Tried the new 1.4.5 release. It didn't have any effect on the instability problem I have. I still have it. Tried to uninstall Nexus and Classic Shell and disable all the apps I could think of that could have any effect on your app. The flickering remains. The only thing I can think of is the on-board Intel graphics 4600 adapter. I'm thinking of putting a more powerful  graphics card, e.g. Nvidia 750ti or even GTX 950. However, I must note, if that solves the problem - that poses a problem on your app. In my opinion it should work for all reasonable graphics HW, even for Intel 4000. If, of course, you refer to your app as a commercial (or shareware) release and publish it as such.

I don't remember if I mentioned it, the way I'm able to achieve stability is to set the display to a single screen, then before it switches back to dual monitor mode (15 sec.) it stabilizes and I'm able to work normally. Until the next reboot...

Edited by iweksler

Of course, it should work on any graphic card and there always can be some bug. But I spent long time trying to reproduce it and no luck so I could not wait more with the release.

I understand you perfectly. No complaints. Is there anything I can do to help? I like your work a great deal and ready to spend time and effort, So if you can suggest some testing and experimenting to find the cause of the problem - I'm ready to follow it.

Edited by iweksler

After New Year, I will try to make some special debug version which could help to discover the problem.

OK, great.

By the way, I just reinstalled cleanly the 10586 and installed the AeroGlass 1.4.5 before anything else, hoping very much that the instability will go away. Didn't. Unfortunately. At least now for sure it's not an app such as ClassicShell, Nexus etc.