[OLD] Experimental builds

bigmuscle

Is it hard to read the first post of this topic? And is it hard to read the title of this topic?

people come here for help - ok they should read but thats does not happen - its like the search button - its there but 99% never see it or use it - as someone making money from your software - yes i know its donations and they dont pay for the software - bla - bla - bla - a post like that is insulting - theres a saying in the UK - the customer is always right - not sure how that translates - but however you wrap it up CUSTOMERS are coming here for help

my 2 penneth

Is it hard to read the first post of this topic? And is it hard to read the title of this topic?

No, bigmuscle. It isn't.

But its a little irritating watching the screens in former postings, where some do have the watermark and some not.

Also the debug window is not visible on all screens since u put up #506 here: http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/174668-experimental-builds/page-5#entry1111904.

So, since I didn't have those "symptoms" in the former version (which wasn't an experimental, I now guess) I used, I thought it was a good option to ask about it.

Seems I was wrong..

Sorry for disturbing...

Edited by Nordberg_E38

people come here for help - ok they should read but thats does not happen - its like the search button - its there but 99% never see it or use it - as someone making money from your software - yes i know its donations and they dont pay for the software - bla - bla - bla - a post like that is insulting - theres a saying in the UK - the customer is always right - not sure how that translates - but however you wrap it up CUSTOMERS are coming here for help

my 2 penneth

Just HOW MANY times do we have to tell people the door says push though? Simply reading for a minute the first post saves everyone time and headache.

my 2 penneth

I do not understand why you still need spam every topic and push here stuff about paying, customers and other totally non-relevant stuff. Before using experimental version, user had to confirm that he agrees with the state of the software, the conditions are even written on my website and have been written in this forum milliontimes (that's why it is even pinned in the first post of this topic). If user does not accept the conditions and still uses this software then he simply violates license terms and he has absolutely no rights about it.

I absolutely do not understand why someone goes into the "Experimental builds" section, downloads some software from there, reads "This is DEBUG/experimental version" message and then goes back and complain that the version is not fully usable  :huh:

This is written on my website:

WARNING: Versions available in this section are debug versions only. For this reason, they contain many means to provide easier debugging and more verbose error logging which cannot be disabled. If you are not interested in debugging then do not use these versions!

This is written in the first post of this topic:

These are DEBUG builds only, they display watermark, they display debugging console and they display debug warning on startup. They may require debugging symbols for proper function. Do NOT use them if you do NOT want this or you cannot accept that these builds are experimental only.

What is not understandable?

Edited by bigmuscle

first of all why are my posts spam in your mind - agreeing with you is not a divine right - people have opinions - yours is no more right than mine - imo you just dont get it - bold text - dont do this - dont do that - people do not read such stuff - we install things all the time - there is usually a box of conditions - who reads them - all that happens is the button gets pressed to get to the next part - you have your terms - they are in your mind - no more - as to customers - what else are they - they send you money - you call it a donation - call it what you want - in the mind of whoever pressing the paypal button they are buying something - that makes them a customer

however people give you money - be it for a licence or a donation - courtesy should come with it - again imo you dont do courtesy - maybe its a language thing - maybe not

Hi.

First excuse my bad english as I am German.

I upgraded today from "Win10 PRO 10240" to  "Win10 PRO 10586" via Windows Update.

After this I copied & renamed the DWMGlass64.dll from the #506 package to DWMGlass.dll inside the AG folder in.

Therefore I needed to kill the Aero task via the taskmanager to avoid the "in use" confilct during the rename process.

After the reboot of my Desktop-PC I now run in two problems.

1. The DMW.exe DebugWindow together with the reminder telling me "!!! This is DEBUG version of Aero Glass Win8.1+ !!!" etc.. is present on the desktop.

After confirming the info window of Desktop Windows Manager with the OK-Button the DebugWindow stays open and wont disappear.

How can I get rid of this?

2. The AG-Watermark appears on lower right on my Windows desktop.

How is that?

None of the above occured before.

-- 

Regards

Like bigmucle says, but if you don't want to see the debug window, move it to a second virtual desktop.

first of all why are my posts spam in your mind

I would not say it is spam if you don't push in every topic still around.

however people give you money...

What you are trying to push here that if people give money then they have some special rights and I must do everything what they want... no, the only right that they have is to use the software in the scope of the license terms. If they don't respect the license terms then they are not allowed to used the software regardless how much money they paid. It is not only about my software. It is general thing according to the copyright law.

Users certainly have every right to ask for help but I also believe that they have the responsibility to first peruse the thread or whatever it may be to see whether their question has already been answered.  I also believe that regardless of whether they have exercised that responsibility or not there is no excuse for users or developers to be other than polite and respectful of each other.

Everyone who wants to use Aeroglass should read through the entire thread starting with the first post. Most questions have already been answered. It is irresponsible to suddenly find out about Aeroglass, and join the discussion without reading through all threads, and posts about the subject. It must be incredibly frustrating for bigmuscle to answer the same BS questions over, and over again.

first of all why are my posts spam in your mind - agreeing with you is not a divine right - people have opinions - yours is no more right than mine - imo you just dont get it - bold text - dont do this - dont do that - people do not read such stuff - we install things all the time - there is usually a box of conditions - who reads them - all that happens is the button gets pressed to get to the next part - you have your terms - they are in your mind - no more - as to customers - what else are they - they send you money - you call it a donation - call it what you want - in the mind of whoever pressing the paypal button they are buying something - that makes them a customer

however people give you money - be it for a licence or a donation - courtesy should come with it - again imo you dont do courtesy - maybe its a language thing - maybe not

Amazing! Don't you know the difference between paying for license and giving donation? When you give money to charity (if ever) do you expect the guys you gave it to to be in your debt to the end of their life?... I guess you also never tip at a restaurant...

Bigmuscle does us a favor - works hard to give us a great app for nothing, except a little help to debug it. You don't have to use it and you don't have to report bugs even if you do. But if you use it, don't blame him or demand things from him except by asking nicely. He doesn't owe anything to you, or those who donate him money, for that matter. Donations are given of free will just as a token of gratitude for his hard work he doesn't have to do.

And it's not a language thing. More like a mentality thing...

And courtesy should come from those who use the app to Bigmuscle and not vice versa...

And a free advice: you better read the license agreements before you use a piece of software, or you can one day find yourself in big trouble...

Donations are given of free will just as a token of gratitude for his hard work he doesn't have to do.

if you believe that then go and count the flying pigs - the vast majority give money to get rid of the watermark and the nag screen - why else are they there - to extract a donation is their only purpose

if you believe that then go and count the flying pigs - the vast majority give money to get rid of the watermark and the nag screen - why else are they there - to extract a donation is their only purpose

If you don't like it just go away. You don't have to use it, and the rest of us don't want to hear your crap. Edited by dhjohns