[OLD] Experimental builds

bigmuscle

Not yet out symbols for TH2 , but manually download I use this script, for it you need to download the SDK for Win 10

symbols.cmd

MKDIR %userprofile%\appdata\local\temp\dlls

CD C:\Windows\System32

XCOPY "dwm.exe" %userprofile%\appdata\local\temp\dlls

XCOPY "dwmcore.dll" %userprofile%\appdata\local\temp\dlls

XCOPY "uDWM.dll" %userprofile%\appdata\local\temp\dlls

CD C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Debuggers\x64

SYMCHK /r %userprofile%\appdata\local\temp\dlls /s SRV*C:\AeroGlass\symbols\*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols

RD /S /Q "%userprofile%\appdata\local\temp\dlls"

Thanks it is out for Th2 as you see on my scrrenshot but can't download from msdn

Hmm, my MSDN shows them. They're almost 800 MB. I think I'm going to wait for the next official Aero Glass build before I try it on 10586.

http://puu.sh/lkzDr/ca7885d9ee.png

*EDIT*

With new symbols from SDK and Win8rp (clsharp 4.x works well too), build 460 on 10586 is nice :)

Thanks a lot, for this experimental but cool release :)

Edited by Hadden

With build 333 is the watermark appearing on fullscreen apps (tested on vlc full screen) an intentional new feature?

Yes the watermark appears on fullscreen apps and the same with build 460. I'm not sure why he made it to do that for

Edited by daveo76

With build 333 is the watermark appearing on fullscreen apps (tested on vlc full screen) an intentional new feature?

Yes the watermark appears on fullscreen apps and the same with build 460. I'm not sure why he made it to do that for

Well, I do not have that watermark on build 460, running Windows 10 10586 th2.

Experimental build #491

New 64-bit debug build has been uploaded to my website. It contains experimental support for Win10 TH2 build 10586. It also contains memory leak fixes, fixes to dirty regions and many other things.

The archive also includes new ModernFrame.dll and Win8RP-like atlas for 10586.

But remember, it is still only experimental debug build so it is not optimized for usage on production environment!

If you don't know how to install it then do NOT use it and do NOT ask, because these builds are intended for very advanced users only.

http://glass8.eu/win_future.html

Edited by bigmuscle

Experimental build #491

The archive also includes new ModernFrame.dll and Win8RP-like atlas for 10586.

is the font size and colour of the modern frame title part of a theme or modernframe.dll - i had it larger and white in 10240 but i now cannot change colour or size - what am i missing or has it changed

I would say #491 is pretty stable and flawless in build 10586... could not find anything that would not make it very well for release candidate. And that being said TH2 users would deserve any official release that could be used without forced debugging and watermark (though still wondering how dhjohns managed to get it run without watermark).