[OLD] Experimental builds

bigmuscle

Experimental build #447

This build contains extensive changes in glass safety zones and dirty rectangles occlusion. It should fix, for example, glitches on Start screen, but because there are a lot of changes it must be verified that the implementation is correct, stable, complete and it does not cause rendering glitches.

Altough this change should increase performance in the final, the glass safety zone is recreated on every render thus currently the performance may be degraded a lot.

This build is intended for Win8.1 a Win10 RTM. It is not designed for any insider builds!!!

http://www.glass8.eu/out/447-64.7z

Edited by bigmuscle

Of course I HAD to try it in build 10576, and it works wonderfully!  Thanks bigmuscle!  No flickering, No watermark (with license,) and I just move the debug window to desktop 2!

Edited by dhjohns

Of course I HAD to try it in build 10576, and it works wonderfully!  Thanks bigmuscle!  No flickering, No watermark (with license,) and I just move the debug window to desktop 2!

No such luck here. Keeps flickering. I just minimize the debug window. Maybe that's the problem?...

No, that would not be the problem.  Are you sure you replaced it?  What build are you using?  To replace mine I just booted to another OS I have installed, and copied it over.

You can also restart Windows in safe mode to apply the update

I still get a watermark using #447 on build 10576 with license

Can anyone help me on how to install build 333 in threshold2 10586?  Tried following BigMuscle's guide to no avail.  Thanks!  The greatest thing would be an final version with an installer for threshold2--I realize that eventually we will have this and that it takes time.

Edited by genecooper

Don't worry. Glass safety zones will not work correctly unless the public symbols are present and thus it will accumulate blur effect around dirty regions.

Where do I get those symbols? The regular Microsoft symbol server (msdl) doesn't have the matching PDB.

Edited by iweksler

Can anyone help me on how to install build 333 in threshold2 10586?  Tried following BigMuscle's guide to no avail.  Thanks!  The greatest thing would be an final version with an installer for threshold2--I realize that eventually we will have this and that it takes time.

What I do is start Windows in Safemode then replace the files in the aeroglass folder with the latest build then restart windows normally

Don't worry. Glass safety zones will not work correctly unless the public symbols are present and thus it will accumulate blur effect around dirty regions.

Where do I get those symbols?

The symbols download automatically if you got a aeroglass license key. Also Microsoft don't release symbols for Windows fast ring builds

What I do is start Windows in Safemode then replace the files in the aeroglass folder with the latest build then restart windows normally

Not having any luck.  Remember I'm working with threshold2, 10586.  I started with the installer from 1.4.1 and then replaced with the files from build 333.  Still getting a DWM error.  Checked the registry for entries in BigMuscle's guide and they're correct even though it looks like that guide covers Windows 8/8.1 and don't see any instructions for 10.

Edited by genecooper