License restriction complaints and questions

adacom

i guess this will be deleted 

i think the poster above is pretty typical of people out there - most want something for nothing - i include myself in that - but in my mind thats not the issue here as i have said many times before - the licence cost of this excellent addon in not worth arguing about - its the way its works that is the issue - the fanboys here are happy so all seems good but wander a few sites and look for discussion on aeroglass and the one thing that comes back is the donation [nagware] model - add to that the fact it cannot [easily] be moved between computers and its annoying to say the least - a few euro licence restricted to the machine id is ridiculous and having to further unlock that licence if moved to a different machine - come on

BM has every right to want reward for his efforts but annoying users is not a good way to start - fine add the watermark - say what it is - or add a 30day grace period and then sell a licence with no restrictions

just my 2 penneth - feel free to delete as it is not the party line

Edited by Tripredacus
title

What is the point of your post? Why do you put it here still around and around? What do you want to achieve - to fill this forum with spam?

Could you understand that these people are not interested in paying/buying/whatever at all? As I said many times, they only need a reason to complain and it is not my licensing model. If I change it, they will find another reason to complain. They just need to show us how clever they are that they are able to "crack" my software. The biggest problem for them is that there is no real usable crack available. And you can notice it - when someone releases some partial-crack, everything gets calmed and there is silence, then MS releases new updates which break "cracked" version, they start complaining again because their crack does not work anymore. And I only laugh at them.

But please, stop spamming this forum with useless untrue posts.

What is the point of your post? Why do you put it here still around and around? What do you want to achieve - to fill this forum with spam?

Could you understand that these people are not interested in paying/buying/whatever at all? As I said many times, they only need a reason to complain and it is not my licensing model. If I change it, they will find another reason to complain. 

you see it as spam - i see it as comment - you think your licencing model is correct i disagree - its your software so your choice - that does not mean everyone has to agree with you

as to my post being untrue - how do you come to that - it does not agree with you but you have no exclusivity on the thuth

Edited by adacom

Could you understand that these people are not interested in paying/buying/whatever at all? As I said many times, they only need a reason to complain and it is not my licensing model. If I change it, they will find another reason to complain. 

you see it as spam - i see it as comment - you think your licencing model is correct i disagree - its your software so your choice - that does not mean everyone has to agree with you

as to my post being untrue - how do you come to that - it does not agree with you but you have no exclusivity on the thuth

Why don't you start a separate thread for whiners who can't spell, and post there.

This is not about expressing opinion anymore, you already put your opinion, I put mine. And I already put my opinion many times and you still write the same thing here still around.

This is not about expressing opinion anymore, you already put your opinion, I put mine. And I already put my opinion many times and you still write the same thing here still around.

and others agree with me - maybe that says i have a point - but until the money stops coming you will carry on - and yes i know you will say its not about the money - just donating for your time - if that were true you would give away your software and be happy

@dhjohns - i agree with much of what you post but whats the comment for about spelling - maybe unlike you - who also cannot spell - colour has a U for example - users have to use Google translate and that also cannot spell

Who are others? Those who would not buy anything and they agree only because there cannot find any crack? Or those who create false problems like changing their HDD twice a day?

I actually cannot understand why someone cares about my software when he does not agree with the licensing model. If I do not accept license of some software, I simply do not use it.

you miss the point or seem to - 

firstly - dont accuse me of creating false problems - that is in effect calling me a lier - i do not lie - your licencing model causes me problems - i stated it and asked for you to reconsider - i dont agree with your model as you know but would happily buy more licences if it was not locked to the HDD - the motherboard is enough of a lock imo

why do i care about your software - thats simple - its good - its very good - it made 8  and 8.1 better and has done the same for 10 - you have put back something that should never have been removed 

again i say you deserve reward for that - both monetary and kudos - but we then get back to your licencing model 

you miss the point or seem to - 

firstly - dont accuse me of creating false problems - that is in effect calling me a lier - i do not lie - your licencing model causes me problems - i stated it and asked for you to reconsider - i dont agree with your model as you know but would happily buy more licences if it was not locked to the HDD - the motherboard is enough of a lock imo

why do i care about your software - thats simple - its good - its very good - it made 8  and 8.1 better and has done the same for 10 - you have put back something that should never have been removed 

again i say you deserve reward for that - both monetary and kudos - but we then get back to your licencing model 

There is nothing wrong with the licensing model.  You donate money, you get keys.  You change hardware, and trade in old keys for new.  Microsoft uses a very similar model.  Windows activation is tied to hardware.  This is nothing new, but bigmuscle is more lenient than Microsoft, and he makes it very easy to switch out hardware, and enter a new key.  If you have multiple keys this is not a problem.  How often do you switch out motherboards, and/or hard drives?  Why do you continue to complain about a perfectly valid licensing model?

adacom, I don't call you a liar.. but as I said before, any licensing model will never fit to anyone. I'm only saying that your problem is too plastic - nobody will ever need Aero Glass in such specific situation and if someone does, he is one in a million. Do you think that it makes sense to customize licensing model just due to one user?

And about reconsidering the licensing model...

as I said, it is no worth, because people, who complain, would never pay anything. They just need some reason to complain. Why don't they try to find different solution, why don't they use e.g. WindowBlinds or similar? Why? Because they need to pay for it. You can even check WB forum, from time to time, someone complains why he must pay... especially why he must pay for WBforWin10 when Win10 is free...

There are some people who spread sh*ts about my software, they spread it is junkware, bloatware, it crashes very often, it is unstable, it does not provide real glass effect etc. etc. Do you think that this is only about licensing model and they would buy this software if the model was different?

There are people who spread that I do not provide technical support to users, that I do not keys to donators and other shit. Do you think that such users would buy this software if the model was different?

No, they would not buy anything. They only need a reason to complain, because they cannot have fully working Aero Glass. They want software for free, they are not interested in ANY licensing model.

How often do you switch out motherboards, and/or hard drives?  Why do you continue to complain about a perfectly valid licensing model?

you need to read back - i change HDD's on a couple of laptops on a regular basis - i buy and sell used HDD's - they are all tested over time - so its a pain - i prefer not to see the popup and watermark so locking to a harddrive is not good and i argue not needed - but i am now accused of creating a false problem - aka i lie 

M$ sell an OS - this is a penny bit of software - good software but not in the same league as an OS - its the only software i know or use with this model of payment apart from an OS - not needed - put a price on a license and sell them - i point you to StartisBack - same idea - perfectly normal license agreement - what is different here i have no idea - however its stated its about money flow - maybe BM thinks he will generate more this way

Edited by adacom

adacom, I don't call you a liar.. but as I said before, any licensing model will never fit to anyone. I'm only saying that your problem is too plastic - nobody will ever need Aero Glass in such specific situation and if someone does, he is one in a million. Do you think that it makes sense to customize licensing model just due to one user?

And about reconsidering the licensing model...

as I said, it is no worth, because people, who complain, would never pay anything. They just need some reason to complain. Why don't they try to find different solution, why don't they use e.g. WindowBlinds or similar? Why? Because they need to pay for it. You can even check WB forum, from time to time, someone complains why he must pay... especially why he must pay for WBforWin10 when Win10 is free...

There are some people who spread sh*ts about my software, they spread it is junkware, bloatware, it crashes very often, it is unstable, it does not provide real glass effect etc. etc. Do you think that this is only about licensing model and they would buy this software if the model was different?

There are people who spread that I do not provide technical support to users, that I do not keys to donators and other s***. Do you think that such users would buy this software if the model was different?

No, they would not buy anything. They only need a reason to complain, because they cannot have fully working Aero Glass. They want software for free, they are not interested in ANY licensing model.

i do not take issue with much of that - i asked a question - i think that question reasonable considering your licencing model of locking Aeroglass to hardware - imo a lock to the motherboard is enough but you dont see it like that so we disagree

as to the software itself - i said its good - its very good - if people cannot use it then thats their problem - you provide good support for something that needs a bit more to get it working than just a click on an exe file - that i believe is the nature of how Aeroglass works - you are clear that the casual user may have problems - all that speaks well of you - we just dont agree on the way its licensed - i fully accept thats your call - all i did is ask for you to think about it 

How often do you switch out motherboards, and/or hard drives?  Why do you continue to complain about a perfectly valid licensing model?

you need to read back - i change HDD's on a couple of laptops on a regular basis - i buy and sell used HDD's - they are all tested over time - so its a pain - i prefer not to see the popup and watermark so locking to a harddrive is not good and i argue not needed - but i am now accused of creating a false problem - aka i lie 

M$ seel an OS - this is a penny bit of software - good software but not in the same league as an OS - its the only software i know or use with this model of payment apart from an OS - not needed - put a price on a license and sell them - i point you to StartisBack - same idea - perfectly normal license agreement - what is different here i have no idea - however its stated its about money flow - maybe BM thinks he will generate more this way

Actually you HAVE created a false problem.  You do not need to use bigmuscle's software to test hard drives.  Even if you want to use his software in your tests, and you definitely don't need to, there is nothing wrong with a watermark, or pop-up.  You will still be fully capable of doing any testing you need with the watermark.  You are just going on, and on, and wasting people's valuable time about your fabricated problems.  You may not be a liar, but you definitely are a complainer, and a time waster.

i do not take issue with much of that - i asked a question - i think that question reasonable considering your licencing model of locking Aeroglass to hardware - imo a lock to the motherboard is enough but you dont see it like that so we disagree

As I said before, any licensing model will never fit to anyone, some model is better, some is worse... locking to MB could be better, maybe, but the change is actually not needed at all, because it is only very small specific sample of users where HDD-lock does not fit.

And I can even bet that if lock to MB only, soon or later, there will come some user complaining that he needs to change his MB twice a day.

M$ seel an OS - this is a penny bit of software - good software but not in the same league as an OS - its the only software i know or use with this model of payment apart from an OS - not needed - put a price on a license and sell them - i point you to StartisBack - same idea - perfectly normal license agreement - what is different here i have no idea - however its stated its about money flow - maybe BM thinks he will generate more this way

Actually you HAVE created a false problem.  You do not need to use bigmuscle's software to test hard drives.  Even if you want to use his software in your tests, and you definitely don't need to, there is nothing wrong with a watermark, or pop-up.  You will still be fully capable of doing any testing you need with the watermark.  You are just going on, and on, and wasting people's valuable time about your fabricated problems.  You may not be a liar, but you definitely are a complainer, and a time waster.

i see - you want your desktop to look as you want it - add this or that to give you your look but i am complainer and time waster for wanting the same - the HDD i am testing usually lives in my laptop for a few days at least and if its an expensive one a week or more - i like things as i want them as you do so please dont tell me what i should or should not see on the desktop

locking to the motherboard is enough imo