Broken Intel drivers

phly95

I have tested aero glass with Windows 10 on my Intel HD 4400 and it messes up the drivers on boot so it needs to be disabled and enabled, or else drivers just don't work. Also, when installing the drivers with Aero glass enabled, it gets stuck on a black screen and needs force shutdown. This is really an unfortunate bug since otherwise it works pretty well.

Actually, it seems something else broke it. I don't know what, but I think it was time for a fresh Windows install anyways. I love your glass8 so far, and even bought a copy to avoid the watermark. Thanks for the awesome tool.

Edit: it actually was causing the problem.

Edited by phly95

Actually, your tool did cause the problem as I did a complete re-install because it was so messed up the recovery utility failed to fix anything (it actually made it worse and impossible to login). I have UXstyle and glass8 installed, and it's screwing up my drivers still. Is there anything I can do to diagnose what's causing it?

PS: aero glass is not crashing, only the driver crashes at startup, so it just boots without it and uses software rendering to run.

Edited by phly95

So at first, it seemed that UXstyle combined with glass broke it. So I reinstalled and put glass first, then installed UXstyle. Strangely, I have no more issues. I wonder if it's classic shell because that's the only culprit left in this case.

Edit: nope, classic shell is not installed, and today the drivers started acting up again. Could it be the theme I have set causing it?

The error code for the driver is "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" for my intel card.

Edited by phly95