Windows 2000 and Android MTP

AnX

This has been discussed for quite a while. While I have gotten MTP drivers to work on Windows 2000, even with WMP10, I can't properly access any of my files. Is there any fix to give me proper MTP support? It won't show up in My Computer, and the Portable Media Devices section of control panel shows me files, however I cannot copy any of them over. If I do:

feTFN42.jpg

I get this error message.

Any solutions?

• 4 years later...

Oddly enough, only certain files can be successfully copied over from my Galaxy S5; those are video (mp4) files that are over a certain size threshold.

A 99 544 KiB file failed to transfer, as did all others smaller than it.

A 102 870 KiB file successfully transferred, as did all others bigger than it.

So the presumptive cutoff is 100 000 KiB or 100 MiB.

I thought about possibly loading the MTP drivers from a later Longhorn build or Vista itself as there are no issues with MTP on that OS.

As usual, it is still more functional than XP, as XP doesn't show me the phone at all.

And for reference purposes, MTP on Windows 2000 is facilitated through wpdusb.sys version 5.2.3810.3924. Vista switched to a user-mode driver for MTP.

6.0.5112 works with excore, but doesn't change anything.

And now I have discovered that WMP 11 comes with what seems to be Vista-style MTP drivers. There are multiple releases of WMP 11 with varying versions of wpdusb.sys;

5.2.5358.4827 (BSOD)

5.2.5705.5043 (causes BSOD on its own)

5.2.5721.5145 (BSOD)

These were when dropping them in to replace 3810.3924 and 5112, without any other changes. But I haven't been successful in getting them to work like on Vista (and presumably XP) which would probably be fruitful.

UPDATE: Based on my testing with Server 2003, all I would need to do is install UMDF through the WMP 11 installer but I can't get it to run on my win2k machine because it thinks it's already present.

Edited by win32

How does MTP install on Windows 2000?
with wpdusb.sys version 5.2.3810.3924?

I will carry out several tests.
In Windows XP it has stopped working after a while working. I think it is a Windows error that can be solved but I don't know how.

Have you found any system to install MSC mass storage device class on Samsung 32 bits (S3, S4, S5 ...)?

Edited by Cixert

3 hours ago, Cixert said:

How does MTP install on Windows 2000?
with wpdusb.sys version 5.2.3810.3924?

It installs through WMP 10.

Trying to install umdf.exe from WMP 11 and I keep getting "setup couldn't verify the integrity of update.inf"! And trying to find a stand-alone UMDF installer for XP is really difficult. Stupid M$ logic dictates that UMDF 1.11 supersedes 1.9, but 1.9 is the last version for XP and Vista. The 1.9 files were actually based off 7 RTM files so they were probably considered too advanced for XP!!! :realmad:

Edited by win32

2 hours ago, Cixert said:

Have you found any system to install MSC mass storage device class on Samsung 32 bits (S3, S4, S5 ...)?

If Android's kernel on those devices has USB gadget support and you have root access, you can use UMS Enabler. Otherwise, you'll have to obtain root access / install custom Android flavor with sufficient support. Someone might have built LineageOS for those devices, which might have support.