VAIO VPCEB3Z1E - it is possible to install Windows 2000 or XP?

43 minutes ago, jaclaz said:

Which plainly means that you either did not reproduce a comparable environment or that the OP lied :w00t: as he had NO such issue BUT a "iastor.sys is corrupted" error after nlite processing gave him no error. :whistle:

Not explicitly and EXACTLY specifying WHICH driver you used (just like the OP that also failed at it) and having introduced the variation of a (also unspecified version/release) of your HFSLIP2000-FullPack makes the guessing game even more interesting :P.

1. You are right about the BWC driver. I thought the URL was posted in this thread but now I see that I actually received it from the OP by a PM. The link to the driver is http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/813816.html with the current version being iata76_cd2kf.cab.

2. By FullPack I really meant just a fully updated Windows 2000 source, with no unofficially modified kernel files added. Also, when it comes to the FullPack, there is always only one release available at a given time as I keep updating the package without changing the URL. In this case I meant the release as of 2016-08-22.

3. As far as I understand, the OP only tested the Fernando's driver and not the BlackWingCat's one.

1 hour ago, tomasz86 said:

1. You are right about the BWC driver. I thought the URL was posted in this thread but now I see that I actually received it from the OP by a PM. The link to the driver is http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/813816.html with the current version being iata76_cd2kf.cab.

2. By FullPack I really meant just a fully updated Windows 2000 source, with no unofficially modified kernel files added. Also, when it comes to the FullPack, there is always only one release available at a given time as I keep updating the package without changing the URL. In this case I meant the release as of 2016-08-22.

3. As far as I understand, the OP only tested the Fernando's driver and not the BlackWingCat's one.

Yep :), and that is exactly WHY your report seemed so much "off", we had talked till then about Fernando's drivers, and you quoted a post of mine pointing to a reference on Win-Raid about those possibly needing BkackWingCat's extended core, when - out of the blue - you came out with another error given from another driver...

jaclaz

8 hours ago, tomasz86 said:

I do not think that you need any extended kernel files for the BlackWingCat's driver. I have not tested it on a real hardware but the driver files themselves are from 2009 and seem to be compatible with Windows 2000. As far as I can see, only the INF files have been modified, probably to add additional hardware IDs.

Thanks for the clarification on the AHCI drivers; I see now from your driver link that you’re talking about 7.6 here, which I’ve never tried.

Just FYI… Blackwingcat’s blog seems to indicate (if I’m reading it correctly) that 8.9 requires extended core v10 or above, and earlier this year I made many attempts to install it (8.9) on standard W2k (no extended kernel / no extended core) and was not successful.

Some while back I also made many attempts using Fernando's 11.2 (with BWC extended kernel and extended core), including installing 8.9 and trying to “up it” to 11.2 after installation--no success there, either.

Edited by bluebolt