Aero Glass for Win8.1+ 1.4.1

bigmuscle

Well the suggestion to rename symsrv.dll and the symbols folder didn't work for me. I did that, installed the update then I got DWM incompatibility error 0x5E7 and have to hit cancel to go to my desktop. No glass effect either. Restarted and got the usual message and half screen missing so I reverted back again.

32 minutes ago, jscarano said:

My buttons look like this . How do I fix ? thanks

wtf.jpg

Open the AeroGlass GUI and uncheck the the theme atlas image, old theme atlas files will not work, you will need one that is made for RS1

9 minutes ago, groomp said:

Well the suggestion to rename symsrv.dll and the symbols folder didn't work for me. I did that, installed the update then I got DWM incompatibility error 0x5E7 and have to hit cancel to go to my desktop. No glass effect either. Restarted and got the usual message and half screen missing so I reverted back again.

You will still get the error message on every boot and the glass effect will not be visible unless you hit cancel.

What I do with the symbol files is I first disable AeroGlass then I copy all the symbol file names and create new dummy files with the same names and apply Read Only on them and put them in the symbols folder and then that stops AeroGlass for downloading symbols. I do that so I can use my donating key.

20 minutes ago, MrGRiM said:

You will still get the error message on every boot and the glass effect will not be visible unless you hit cancel.

I did hit cancel but not much of a glass effect on anything and when I move a window around visual artefacts appear on the window behind. If I restart, sometimes half of the screen is missing so I'll wait until we hear from Bigmuscle.

I'm pretty sure I saw a bunch of HTTP_ERROR_NOT_FOUND errors in console window that shows symbol download progress, so maybe the problem is that Microsoft hasn't uploaded new symbol files yet? I also put updated support DLLs in Aero Glass folder (symsrv.dll, dbghelp.dll) from the latest Debugging Tools for Windows, though that didn't make any difference, but it might be a good idea to use the latest versions.

Edited by UCyborg

Heh heh heh, I sense some impatience amongst the masses here. 

It's not a surprise; who can stand Windows 10's crappy out-of-box UI?  With every new Windows release we're once again reminded how bad Microsoft is making it.

Thing is, guys/gals, the Aero Glass for Win 8+ software uses undocumented things in Windows.

Thus, if the stability of your computer is important to you, then you really need to wait until the author issues an update!

Until he does, I suggest not trying to run Aero Glass at all.  Seriously!  

As much as Big Muscle has tried to program it to be flexible and try to find the right things in new Windows versions, the old code really can't possibly be aware of all the ways Windows build 14393 has been changed, and running it anyway might well cause you crashes, failures, corrupted data, black screens, sunspots, or zits.  :)

There are these things to consider while we wait for the update:

1.  Aerohost is started by the Task Scheduler.  You can just Disable that, and it will not try to start Aero Glass.

2.  Some have added additional features (such as title coloration of ribbon-enabled windows and skinning of Modern App chrome) via the registry.  Though I'm personally not seeing instability from leaving them in, you might want to rename these registry values so that they are not run until Big Muscle has released new software...

Key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]
  Value: AppInit_DLLs

Key:  [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]
  Value: AppInit_DLLs

I am very much hoping that Big Muscle has the desire to update Aero Glass for Win 8+ for the newest Windows release and comes out with a new set of software that all works together and will:

• Provide glass effects reliably and cleanly again, as with past versions.
  • Color titles in ribbon-enabled windows such as File Explorer and WordPad.
  • Skin the title chrome and borders of Modern Apps.
  • Provide an updated AeroGlass GUI configuration tool for setting up colors.
  • Provide some guidance with regard to needed changes to existing .png.layout files in order to make existing theme atlases work.

As in the past, Big Muscle, please feel free to contact me if you need testing or other input from another developer.  I have a Windows 10 VM all set up as a software test environment, but which looks like a steaming pile without your software to fix Microsoft's desktop uglifying.  :)

-Noel

9 minutes ago, seb33190 said:

sans Aeroglass , mais juste avec windowblids

What colour is selected in Windows? or does Windows Blinds override all that?

De quelle couleur est sélectionné dans Windows? ou ne Windows Blinds Ignorer tout cela?

avec Start 10 et windowblinds  mais je ne les pas garder ,car je pré-faire Aeroglass, actuellement je reste avec  StartIsBackPlusPlus v1.2.1 Patched ; et je vais attendre gentille ment Aeroglasss;) voici ce que j ai pour le moment !!

Screenshot (23h 50m 08s).jpg

Screenshot (23h 50m 11s).jpg

Ok, merci.  L'image avant que ces montré une plus grande transparence que je ne pourrais jamais obtenir avec Aero Glass, alors je me demande si je devrais acheter de Windows Blinds.