Aero Glass for Win8.1+ 1.4.1

bigmuscle

• 2 weeks later...

Hello folks! How are you doing? So, I have some questions about new update for Windows 10.
How you know today we will receive new update and your build will have version 10.0.14393.

And now my questions:
What about work aero glass on 10.0.14393 version ?
Before update my windows 10, do I need uninstall my AeroGlass ?
If I will have problem with AeroGlass on build 14393, when necessary to wait for the update AeroGlass?

Edited by RaphaelGreen

It's probably not a bad idea to disable it before doing the upgrade.  I would suggest just disabling the AeroHost entry in the Task Scheduler.  You could also consider removing any AppInit_DLLs entries from the registry (e.g., rename the registry value so it's easy to resurrect).

From past experience, we have seen Big Muscle make new versions of Aero Glass available not long after major Windows releases.  But as he apparently does this as a hobby rather than main business, he has never made any promises about fast timing.

And I personally would not bet that today's release will be 14393.  The number 14400 seems a more "beautiful" number...

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

Update not on MS servers yet so time will tell.  What's the simplest way of disabling Aeroglass?

Simply remove the Aeroglass folder from root and store it somewhere I guess.

Edited by Ex_Brit

23 hours ago, RaphaelGreen said:

So, I have bad news. After update windows 10 on build 14393 our AeroGlass DOESN'T WORK! 
Sad story =(

When we recive new update for AeroGlass ?

I think I'll wait for BigMuscle to weigh in here on what's next to do to enable this feature.

For now I've removed the Aeroglass folder from the root directory of each of my 10's, until I get this upgrade done on both systems.

Edited by Ex_Brit

Windows upgraged during the time I was asleep and aero glass created like 60gb of minidumps. System disk was full. Maybe it's a good idea to create like only a couple of them, or overwrite them somehow?

I'd rather have my favorite apps working in an older Windows build (perhaps even going back to Windows 7) instead of getting updates which most of the time offer nothing exciting and new whilst breaking compatibility of programs made specifically for Windows customization.

anyone knows when aeroglass starts to hook into windows 10. I explain why I would like to know.

I did the updgrade today - worked fine till I tried to login, screen went on and off all the time with error sound. In the end I had to do the hammer method - unplug computer 3 times on startup to get into repair otions and go back to 511

I installed the Anniversary build, Aeroglass didn't work so I reverted to previous build and deferred upgrades until BM has a solution. I don't like the look of the flat plain titlebars, etc, just looks wrong.

well, the current version for Windows 8.1+ works almost flawlessly with Windows 10 RS1. The only issue I'm seeing is with the caption text on the title bars. The screenshot I included shows the issue. Basically it doesn't make the caption text's bg properly transparent. This issue shows up on default system themes and custom themes. Also, the modernframe.dll no longer works either. All in all though, I've not noticed any other issues [yet]. I know it hasn't really been updated to RS1 yet, but I just figured I'd give this bit of feedback in case it might be of use to BigMuscle in figuring out what the current issues are so he might know what needs to be fixed.

2016-08-03.png

Edited by JoshuaVL1988