Aero Glass for Win8.1+ 1.4.1

bigmuscle

AeroGlass doesn't work for me on build 14295 x64. As soon as I install it. It only transparent and then when it downloads the symbols then it causes Windows to malfunction by showing just a black screen.

3 minutes ago, daveo76 said:

AeroGlass doesn't work for me on build 14295 x64. As soon as I install it. It only transparent and then when it downloads the symbols then it causes Windows to malfunction by showing just a black screen.

Remove your license.key, and it should work.

6 minutes ago, dhjohns said:

Remove your license.key, and it should work.

Then I get the watermark that doesn't go away when I use fullscreen stuff like media player & games. I'm wondering for others that say it is working if there using a key or not.

4 minutes ago, daveo76 said:

Then I get the watermark that doesn't go away when I use fullscreen stuff like media player & games. I'm wondering for others that say it is working if there using a key or not.

This has been the case for the last few Redstone builds.  Once the symbols download Aeroglass does not work.  So, just remove the license key.  I am sure that with the Anniversary build which will be released the end of July, we will have a nice Aeroglass from BigMuscle which works with the symbols.  Meanwhile, just be happy it works without the license key.

49 minutes ago, dhjohns said:

This has been the case for the last few Redstone builds.  Once the symbols download Aeroglass does not work.  So, just remove the license key.  I am sure that with the Anniversary build which will be released the end of July, we will have a nice Aeroglass from BigMuscle which works with the symbols.  Meanwhile, just be happy it works without the license key.

I just created dummy symbols. Which enables me to use my key and prevent aeroglass for downloading symbols.

• 2 weeks later...

Topic question:

The current released version is now 1.4.5, right?  It has been for quite some time (December 2015 as I recall).

>[2016-04-15 19:32:39][0x1AC:0x7FC] Aero Glass for Win8.1+ 1.4.5.520 x64 correctly loaded (C:\AeroGlass\DWMGlass.dll).

Should this thread be renamed?

-Noel

On 8.10.2015 at 9:50 AM, bigmuscle said:

Of course, I'm aware that the current model cannot fit anyone but any model never will. At the beginning, I didn't expect so great interest in my piece of software, so I didn't want to spend time with developing some complex licensing model and I just used simple code (which I had already developed and tested before) to have at least some benefits for individual donations.

Because users were complaining that it is not so good to have a key locked to HW, I did a helpful step and have allowed to deactivate and generate a new key once a time. I believe that this must fit to the majority users and it is shown that only a few users criticize this. Sure, I could change this model completely but why to do it, when these rare situations are just artificial? Such users do not need the special license at all and they only use their plastic situation to criticize... just ask - how many users will ever need to change HDD/SSD twice a day and will require Aero Glass license just to test disk functionality?

Also, there is some criticism about forcing donations and guessing the minimum amount. So, nobody forces anyone to donate, nobody forces anyone to use my software - if you don't like my model then simply do not use my software, nobody is forcing you. Also, guessing the minimum amount is not true - as I said many times - if you don't limit your donation to extreme small value (e.g. 0.001 €), you will get a key for any value. And if still talking about guessing then you should probably look at my website and you can see that there are value hints. So, no guessing but exact values are provided.

And the last thing, the most criticism is in a form "I would buy this software but I don't like its licensing model so I will rather use a crack". So I am asking - if such user is really interested in buying my software why don't he contact me directly but he rather spends his time with waiting for and searching for a crack and then criticising (mostly in vulgar form) ? My answer - such user is not interested in buying at all, he would crack it regardless the licensing model and he just need some excuse why he uses the crack... and also my opinion is that the real reason for complaining is that there is still no usable crack for my software.

Thanks for their ingenious software and all who have contributed to it - I donate like this!

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 8:39 AM, daveo76 said:

AeroGlass still working on Build 14332

not here...

Actually it does but only if I remove the license and there are too many artifacts.

Edited by Tusticles