Aero Glass for Win8.1+ 1.4.1

bigmuscle

Symbols are now available on RS1 build 11099 and Aero Glass seems to be working fine as far as I can see.

Edit: OK so maybe it's not completely working, got artefacts behind explorer windows using Full Glass.

2hoycsp.jpg

Edited by MrGRiM

I don't want to digress form the thread subject but has anyone had this behaviour in any of their installations?  Open a Windows Explorer window and the Title bar displays a totally different colour from the rest of the frame?   This only happens in 1 out of 3 of my Win 10 OS's and only if I select any warm colour for "Taskbar, Window Border and Start Menu".  Grey is fine.

It's got to be something I've done.

Edited by Ex_Brit

That sounds really nice - thanks for reporting it, dhjohns.  Finally Microsoft seems to be leaving the UI alone under the covers so that Big Muscle's software can just work!

Hm, they only used to release symbols for Slow Ring builds.  Unfortunately a check for promotion to the Slow Ring didn't turn up anything.  :(  I was hoping to be able to install it via an ISO.

-Noel

Microsoft is on top of its game!   :thumbup  :thumbup  :thumbup

They haven't been on top of their game since Windows 8 launched. However, this is a step in the right direction and they do deserve to be somewhat commended for that.

Dhjohns, have you seen any of the crashes Microsoft has warned of, because of the known memory management problems in the latest build?  I keep waiting for an ISO so I can dabble a bit on the insider track, but so far none has been published.

Just a SWAG...  Since Microsoft radically advanced the build numbers to accommodate the Windows Phone baseline, I predict that the next build released to the public could be 15360 (just because 1536 is a somewhat "special" number with regard to binary numbers == 1024 + 512). 

Build 14285 (100000 divided by 7, truncated) seems too close at hand to be a viable candidate.  Another "significant" number that comes to mind and is closer to the current number could be 14400.

By the way, just to contribute something on-topic:  For me Aero Glass for Win 8+ continues to work flawlessly with the fully-updated public release build 10586.71.

AGonWin10Build10586.71.png

-Noel

Dhjohns, have you seen any of the crashes Microsoft has warned of, because of the known memory management problems in the latest build?

I have not seen anything I haven't seen before. I have noticed a rare, but mentionable explorer not responding, but nothing out of the ordinary. If you would like an ISO of 14251, you can use this. I fixed it so it would boot for a clean install. It will work in both EFI, and BIOS systems.

https://mega.nz/#!dERlnQaY!axCkeSjMfqhgDVY-GLBGDRIaRFiJW8npuybuBeBbE5k
Edited by dhjohns

Thank you kindly for the effort, but that site demands I  install something in any browser I try to use and reports "Error: File too big to be reliably handled..." if I refuse.  I'm sorry, but I won't allow mega.nz to coerce me into installing a browser add-on.  I do appreciate your trying.

While it strives to look legit, I suggest that mega.nz may not be completely on the up and up, given the aggressiveness with which it is trying to install things.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

Thank you kindly for the effort, but that site demands I  install something in any browser I try to use and reports "Error: File too big to be reliably handled..." if I refuse.  I'm sorry, but I won't allow mega.nz to coerce me into installing a browser add-on.  I do appreciate your trying.

While it strives to look legit, I suggest that mega.nz may not be completely on the up and up, given the aggressiveness with which it is trying to install things.

-Noel

No need to install anything...if you look at the options it offers to allow downloads via your browser.

It offers a "download through browser" option, but won't act on it.  I suspect you may be allowing more things to run than you realize.

MegaProblem.png

I have Chrome on a VM, so perhaps I'll try that, but I don't have trouble downloading anything else.  This site is "special".

Edit:  Chrome got it, via the "download via browser" option.  5 minutes and done.

ChromeGotIt.png

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

Choose option I have circled.  I am using Chrome.  This file is saved to my personal mega account.  I made the ISO myself from Windows update, and altered it to do a clean install from build 11103 which I also downloaded from Windows Update, and decrypted personally.

screenshot_16.png

Edited by dhjohns