Aero Glass for Win8.1+ 1.4.1

bigmuscle

Here is a pro tip for you all, stop using ModernFrame.dll, it's one thing to add back trasnsparency to the explorer window frames, it's another to try forcing the modern apps to use a completly different UI.

Here's an ultra-pro tip:  Stop using Apps; it's one thing to create an operating system, it's another to create an App Store delivery system using a completely different UI that doesn't have any merit over the desktop.

If nobody chooses to use it, we won't be stuck with it.

-Noel

Here is a pro tip for you all, stop using ModernFrame.dll, it's one thing to add back trasnsparency to the explorer window frames, it's another to try forcing the modern apps to use a completly different UI.

Not helpful. BM developed it and requests feedback on it. I give it and you tell everyone to stop using it? You know how much sense that makes?

Here's an ultra-pro tip:  Stop using Apps; it's one thing to create an operating system, it's another to create an App Store delivery system using a completely different UI that doesn't have any merit over the desktop.

-Noel

Not sure if trolling. A lot of the apps I use are beneficial.

It's 2016 and we can't have a Windows UI that's uniform? I, of course, blame Microsoft for all of this. Thousands have told MS what we want and what needs to be fixed (in regards to Aero and the rest of the UI) and its ignored. Ive even tweeted Gabe AND got a response from him asking for screenshots of people who want Aero. I showed him, then got nothing back. Hell, we STILL can't even use custom themes without some BS hacks, third-party services, etc.

-Noel

I find some apps very beneficial, and keep them open at all times, such as my weather, and twitter apps.  They are actually very good.  Try them. You'll like them especially if you ;have multiple monitors.

-Noel

I find some apps very beneficial, and keep them open at all times, such as my weather, and twitter apps.  They are actually very good.  Try them. You'll like them especially if you ;have multiple monitors.

IMO, Most apps have a purpose on phone but most are completely useless on a desktop or laptop, I will use the twitter or weather app on my phone but there is no need for it on my desktop when I can go straight to the site(s) to do what I need, just seems redundant to open an app on a desktop, IMO the system resources can be put to better use elsewhere.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings one iota if they all just went away.

Edited by DarkKnight

If you feel you need Weather and Twitter Apps more power to you, but you really aren't doing anything useful with your time, and everything you do could be done with a web page.  That you choose to be happy with the App garbage Microsoft is pushing is why they can push garbage and still be successful.

I have no problem with the concept of Microsoft introducing a whole new paradigm.  Programming a desktop application that's worth a **** is hard!  However, I *DO* have a problem with them pushing out one that's not good for anything.  Metro/Modern/Universal is not something that will take the world through the first century of the new millennium.

We need to demand MUCH better.  We've already SEEN much better.

I'm sorry - call it trolling, but it's 2016 and I'm sick and fucking tired of having to put up with the dog crap that Microsoft sees fit to call a new operating system.  I'm demanding better.

-Noel

If you feel you need Weather and Twitter Apps more power to you, but you really aren't doing anything useful with your time, and everything you do could be done with a web page.  That you choose to be happy with the App garbage Microsoft is pushing is why they can push garbage and still be successful.

I have no problem with the concept of Microsoft introducing a whole new paradigm.  Programming a desktop application that's worth a **** is hard!  However, I *DO* have a problem with them pushing out one that's not good for anything.  Metro/Modern/Universal is not something that will take the world through the first century of the new millennium.

We need to demand MUCH better.  We've already SEEN much better.

I'm sorry - call it trolling, but it's 2016 and I'm sick and f***ing tired of having to put up with the dog crap that Microsoft sees fit to call a new operating system.  I'm demanding better.

-Noel

You obviously are clueless.  So sad.   :thumbdown

Lol....let's get something straight. I don't *NEED* these apps. They are here for convenience. Yes, weather is on a website. So is Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, etc. I use the apps for convenience and for how they look. The new Facebook app coming out for Win10 soon should be real nice. Twitter had a nice clean overhaul and I love the UI of the Weather app.

I also use Prism Bill Pay for paying ALL of my bills in one place. There is no website for their service.

There are hundreds of thousands of apps out there that people use because they prefer it over the website version or because of the app's convenience or even that it may work on their phone as well.

Anyway, this thread is getting derailed...I did not post about the modernframe bugging out so we could start a flame war on modern apps and why we should/shouldn't use them. I posted it to show BM so we may look toward a fix to help make his AG utility look more "first-party" to Windows 10.

So back on topic, please.

• 2 weeks later...

Not helpful. BM developed it and requests feedback on it. I give it and you tell everyone to stop using it? You know how much sense that makes?

Your right it's not helpful, it's just my opinion and I should have said that instead, honestly I prefer the way modern apps are on Windows 8, I like that they are full screen and live in their own ecosystem, I never wanted modern apps to be windowed and I think MS should have stayed with their original idea, personally if I could have Windows 8 with DX12 and the Xbox One integration I would be happy, aside from those 2 features I honestly don't see any improvement in Windows 10, just a hell of allot of change for the sake of change, give me Windows 8.2 and I will be happy.

Your right it's not helpful, it's just my opinion and I should have said that instead, honestly I prefer the way modern apps are on Windows 8, I like that they are full screen and live in their own ecosystem, I never wanted modern apps to be windowed and I think MS should have stayed with their original idea, personally if I could have Windows 8 with DX12 and the Xbox One integration I would be happy, aside from those 2 features I honestly don't see any improvement in Windows 10, just a hell of allot of change for the sake of change, give me Windows 8.2 and I will be happy.

I agree, I don't use them windowed, I have three monitors, and The Weather Channel, and Twitter reside on the farthest left-hand one.  I believe this is how it would work in Windows 8, but I haven't used any Windows 8 iterations in over a year.

It's because the job of making them run in windows is so poorly done - like something an 8th grader would code.  If they had been well-integrated you might have a different opinion.

The operating system is the integrator of whatever it is the user wants to do. 

Anything that doesn't hold that in the highest regard deserves the title:  Epic Fail

Too bad if that turns out to be hard for the poor dears in Redmond to code.  Doing things not every 8th grader could do is supposed to be why they get the big bucks.

Don't forget that we're here with an interest in Aero Glass and themes, etc. because we want an elegantly integrated desktop.

-Noel