Aero Glass for Win8.1+ 1.4.1

bigmuscle

Hi.

Is there a tweak to increase the level of transparency in windows 10 with aero glass, or is what we get when we install aero glass the maximum that can be achieved?

Thx.

Transparency depends on the visual style you're using. There are some that are barely transparent, mostly made of solid colors, and there are also those which are made for full clear glass effect so therefore they make whole windows transparent. However, you can tweak the amount of blur with AeroGlassGUI tool.

This happens for me with Glass 1.4.5 on Windows 10 10586.36: http://tinypic.com/r/2z69imb/9

Hard to see but when I change the border color, the windows lose their transparency and the side and bottom take on the colors.

If I click back to just "Aero" in the theme selector, it goes back to normal but the taskbar and start don't have the color I want.

Edited by cmdshft

<...>

I forgot to mention that you can tweak transparency a little bit by reducing the amount of color seen in the window frames.

In action:

chUkJyp.png

English path in Control Panel:

color.jpg

Also, if transparency is very important for you and you have a favorite visual style you can edit window frames it provides by extracting the images with Windows Style Builder, editing them in graphics editing software and later replacing them with the program mentioned earlier.

This happens for me with Glass 1.4.5 on Windows 10 10586.36: http://tinypic.com/r/2z69imb/9

Hard to see but when I change the border color, the windows lose their transparency and the side and bottom take on the colors.

If I click back to just "Aero" in the theme selector, it goes back to normal but the taskbar and start don't have the color I want.

I've faced this too. I believe that this occurs because of the newer Windows build as I only upgraded recently and in build 10240 everything has been working just fine. This happens only with some VSs (for instance, with default one though it doesn't affect Aero Lite). You could try applying some other VSs you're fond of and see how it goes.

I'm not sure it even exists in the latest builds.  I had to deconfigure Aero Glass and ModernFrame to check, but I only have the Settings App.

Back when I remember seeing/discussing it, it was three horizontal lines, near the left end of the title bar of the App, which when clicked provided "charms bar" functionality only available to Apps, e.g., to make an app go full screen or to access Settings.

As I recall, this button started life as 3 little dots, but people didn't notice it, so Microsoft changed it to 3 little lines.

See also:  http://microsoft-news.com/leaked-windows-10-build-9879-reveals-that-microsoft-is-changing-apps-options-button/

I guess it must have earned the name "hamburger menu" because the 3 lines look like a (very abstract) bun top, patty, bun bottom.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

oh ok I see 

Strange I 'm using aeroglass 1.4.5 and still have those hamburger menus on modern apps ( groove, weather, movies & tv etc ) 

sZXz4lW.jpg

Running windows 10 pro x64 ( build 10586.36 ) 

This is not the same case. The hamburger menu in Groove & Photos is NOT built-in to the Titlebar. For a better example of what I mean, check the Facebook app, Prism Bill Pay, etc. If you click in the corner where the hamburger menu should be, the menu itself shows but no actual icon. Clicking blank space basically.

Edited by raiden89