Aero Glass for Win8.1+ 1.4.1

bigmuscle

What say you sir? Skype is broken too? That argument is no longer valid.

Cyberfox broke Skype?

Lmao gtfo sir. I'm interested to see what Noel or BigMuscle have to say about this.

lol if you use anything which ends in illa, ox, or oon, you will probably get errors!  LMFAO!!!

I was able to reproduce the problem as well, mixing Modern and desktop applications.

It appears that even if a Modern App is BEHIND a desktop window, its almost as though the desktop window entirely disappears.  Strangely, I was able to reproduce it with Classic Shell also.  This may not have anything to do with Aero Glass - doesn't Windows do Taskbar and Start Menu blurring itself now?  I believe Classic Shell uses that method as well.

Note these two cases, one with the bright Notepad behind the Settings App, and the other with it in front.  In the second case, through the Classic Shell start menu you can still see the lightening caused by the word SETTINGS and all of the brightness of Notepad's white base color missing.

Blur1.png

Blur2.png

-Noel

So now you understand...it is not because of Cyberfox or because of Skype. I am, like johns, not using Classic Shell. I dont know exactly what causes the issue but I am glad you guys were able to replicate the problem so hopefully we can get a fix.

I took the experiment further and couldn't reproduce it with a Tortoise SVN window that uses actual Aero Glass translucency.

Unfortunately, I really do think that's the Windows 10 "native" blur causing the problems, so I'm thinking Big Muscle won't be able to do anything at all about it.

Just another half-working Microsoft implementation.  I do wonder any more whether they have anyone at all on staff who actually cares whether things work right.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

Just another half-working Microsoft implementation.  I do wonder any more whether they have anyone at all on staff who actually cares whether things work right.

-Noel

Isn't Aeroglass a bigmuscle implementation? No offense bigmuscle.  But, I really do not think that the software engineers at MS are studying 3rd party changes.

That may be true Noel, but I know I didn't have this issue before I applied Aero Glass....which is why I thought it would be appropriate to bring it up here. So I'm not quite sure what to do about this other than hope BM has an answer for it.

It's possible it's an interaction.  I don't know the internals.  I help test Aero Glass, but the implementation is all from Big Muscle.

Did you get any blur in the Start Menu without the Aero Glass for Win 8+ tool being in the system?  I know it's possible with the Taskbar.

-Noel

Hi all 

It is my first post :) 

I'm using aeroglass 1.4.5 without any issue till now under windows 10 pro 10586.36 but I'd like to use the following visual style form neiio:

http://neiio.deviantart.com/art/Vertex-for-Windows-10-576678605

Problem is I have aeroglass not working with THIS theme but no pb with others ( ie : Mr Grim ones - Gsw953 ones too )

upMKKFa.jpg

Using oldnewexplorer but even enable aero effect doesn't show with this VS.

Is there anybody who knows what part of the msstyles - shellstyle.dll with vista style builder should I edit to get back aeroglass ? or maybe a regedit tweak ?

Thanks for help !