Aero Glass for Win8.1+ 1.4.1

bigmuscle

The theme layout in 10586 is something which I do not understand at all. Or I do not see any sense in it. Graphics are totally same, their dimensions are totally same, just the control mapping has been changed. For this reason, you can simply use old layouts, you just need to change control numbers for caption buttons/glyphs.

EDIT: Got it. TH2 now uses different images when light or dark color is used. If you set light color for the captions, old layout will work. For dark colors, you need remapping.

original.jpg

Edited by carlitosoo555

FYI, your version 491 for build 10586 seems to work fine with a 10586 system recently upgraded from 10240.

I seem to be losing the will to keep updating my theme atlas, though (for now I'm using your Win 10 RP atlas and just calling it a day). 

No doubt I could make my prior atlas graphic work with the proper .layout file, but even just taking the time to create that is turning out to be more work than I want to do.  Microsoft's strategy to wear us down is working.  The excitement about a new version of Windows is gone.

-Noel

original.jpg

Oops, I'm sorry, it looks like I posted my 10586 report in the wrong thread - I didn't see that note because I haven't been reading here very carefully.  Someone please move it over to the other thread, please.

-Noel

I'm confused. Does it no longer work with the latest public build? I upgraded to it and all the borders are black now. But no watermark or errors.

AeroGlass v1.4.1 on it own doesn't work with latest Windows 10 Th2 Build 10586.xx. You need to apply aeroglass beta #506. Go to for it

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/174668-experimental-builds/page-5#entry1111904

• 1 month later...

On 1.4.5, I have a weird issue. If I open the start menu over a window, I can see the contents BEHIND that window instead of the window the start menu is over...like xray vision or something.

If I were to open the start menu over this browser window, I would be able to see Skype behind it through the start menu.

Anyone else have this issue?

When you say "this window", are you viewing the web page in Edge?  I'm just wondering that perhaps a non-desktop application window doesn't register the same as a desktop window to the Aero Glass algorithms.

-Noel

You do know nothing is really transparent, it is just the way it is drawn. But, I do not see that. Here is what I see.

screenshot_29.png

Yes, I know that nothing is transparent...its just the word I chose to use. Not the point. Point is, what you see is not what I see. If I open the Start Menu over say...Cyberfox, I could see the football game I had playing behind it through the Start Menu. It isnt happening now when Im trying to reproduce it...it just seems kinda random.

When you say "this window", are you viewing the web page in Edge?  I'm just wondering that perhaps a non-desktop application window doesn't register the same as a desktop window to the Aero Glass algorithms.

-Noel

When I had it happen, it was when I opened the Start Menu over Cyberfox and had NBC Sports Live Extra playing behind it. It also happened when I opened it up over Skype and had LogMeIn Rescue Technician Console behind it. I could see part of LMIR instead of Skype.