Aero Glass for Win8.1+ 1.4.1

bigmuscle

It worked straight away. No issues.

Huh, it sounds like there's a wide variety of results with Aero Glass following the 10586 installation. It worked for you, it didn't work for me, and @truexfan81 reports above that his computer was borked.

Wonder what might account for the differences.

--JorgeA

Huh, it sounds like there's a wide variety of results with Aero Glass following the 10586 installation. It worked for you, it didn't work for me, and @truexfan81 reports above that his computer was borked.

--JorgeA

I don't know how anyone else installed it, but I had the version 1.4.1 installed, and as BM kept releasing the experimental builds, I just kept replacing the files, one by one. So, basically I suppose, I am running a conglomeration of testing versions. It works great, and there are no watermarks, ever. Just a debug window.

theme bypass does not work for me although i seem to remember thats been discussed - that then throws up other problems for my setup - modernframe is also not right - this is on a machine with no donation key so that may be a problem - its also running 1.4.1 - again that may be the problem - have not kept up with the build history - need to do some reading

--JorgeA

Maybe, because there is no Aero Glass designed for build 10586? I really do not understand why the people still mess this forum with build 10586 when it has been million times said that this is for build 10240 only :boring:

--JorgeA

Maybe, because there is no Aero Glass designed for build 10586? I really do not understand why the people still mess this forum with build 10586 when it has been million times said that this is for build 10240 only :boring:

Because we can!

i really do not understand why you [bM] post as you do - people try to help - you have created something users want - maybe you should take a step back and see that - of course people know they are pushing the boundaries of a release but they have paid money [or not] however you wrap it up so want continuity - its really that simple 

People try to help? Really? Do you really think that infinite complaining that it does not work on some OS where it has never been said to be working and it has even been explicitely said million times that it is for <=10240 only is "trying to help" ? But I admit one thing - people cannot know information "<= 10240 only", because they already filled this forum with useless stuff and made it completely unreadable so I understand why they have to write same things over and over again. And if some people think that they "payed" so developer must create new version for them immediately then they really should change the project - maybe go to WindowBlinds and complain that there is no Win10 version at all.

ok for the record my netbook never got to the 10586 build, windows update gets to around 30% on the download then BSOD's first time it gave some kinda of pool_caller error, 2nd time it said critical process died...for a brand new clean install windows 10 is being very flaky

--JorgeA

OK then, what is the recommended procedure with respect to your Aero Glass when Microsoft is pushing out a new Windows 10 build -- should we uninstall Aero Glass before allowing the new build to install itself?

--JorgeA

People try to help? Really? Do you really think that infinite complaining that it does not work on some OS where it has never been said to be working and it has even been explicitely said million times that it is for <=10240 only is "trying to help" ?

Yes, that is exactly what I think. There is one more thing I am aware of bigmuscle, and that is when someone develops software, he should be prepared for complaints, and be patient with the complainers. Edited by dhjohns

Of course, I do not complain about "complaints" :)) this forum is for you so discuss anything what you want but you should realize that if you mess this forum with same useless stuff still around, it becomes more and more unreadable and thus people will need to ask the same things over and over again. A bit of magic ring. So people should not be surprised if my common answer will be "already answered" etc.

I agree. Some people do jump in at the last post, and act as if it is the first without bothering to start with #1, and read all the pages. When I joined I realized that there was a lot of information available in previous posts, so I took the time to read all of them one by one. Many times I have PMed a person, and let them know it is best to start with #1, or I have directed them to the post which answers there questions, and explained how reading the complete thread is very beneficial. I also know that whether you say a build is for 10240 or not for build 10586, I am going to try it anyway, because it may work, and if it doesn't I absolutely know how to revert back.

Edited by dhjohns

All symbols download automatically now with license, and modern frames, and everything else works in build 10586 with bm's latest experimental build

Yes after manually downloading the symbols and killing DWM to restart it, now I can apply colors to titlebars again in 10586