Aero Glass for Win8.1+ 1.4.1

bigmuscle

Current download link in http://www.glass8.eu/win_future.html is broken.

EDIT: I don‘r know why but problems only occurs in Firefox and Edge, I managed to download unbroken archive via Chrome.

I just tried that link using firefox 42.0 and that link still worked for me

I‘m using the same version, I haven‘t faced such problem in the past.

Windows 10 build 10586 (purely a test system for me) broke Aero Glass. Here's a screenshot of the message I got:

post-287775-0-97236900-1447428472_thumb.

More information: the Aero Glass watermark does show up on the Desktop and Aero Glass is listed as an installed program in Control Panel. However, there no longer seems to be any way to access the Aero Glass settings (couldn't find it in Start Menu or anywhere else).

What do I need to do now in order to get the Aero Glass effects back? I'm leaving the above notification showing on my Desktop until I hear something.

--JorgeA

Windows 10 build 10586 (purely a test system for me) broke Aero Glass. Here's a screenshot of the message I got:

attachicon.gifAero Glass on 10586.png

More information: the Aero Glass watermark does show up on the Desktop and Aero Glass is listed as an installed program in Control Panel. However, there no longer seems to be any way to access the Aero Glass settings (couldn't find it in Start Menu or anywhere else).

What do I need to do now in order to get the Aero Glass effects back? I'm leaving the above notification showing on my Desktop until I hear something.

--JorgeA

You press cancel.

Build 10586 has side effect for Aero for now:

1) kill blur effect (flat trasparency);

2) Only the upper part of the window frame follow the colorizations;

3) Double text in modern apps (a new modernframe.dll will fix that);

4) aero worked only after manually putting dwmcore.pdb in symbols folder (the only one symbol server found)

Edited by Hadden

will this version work with 10586? it appears they have pushed that build out to windows update, so everyone will be getting it

It works fabulously!

Did it "just work" for you when you installed 10586, or did you have to re-do any Aero Glass settings? In my case, I'm going to have to reconstruct the settings and choices I'd made. Shoulda taken notes when I did it the first time, as talk about "theme atlases" and so forth doesn't exactly roll off my tongue.  :)

--JorgeA

will this version work with 10586? it appears they have pushed that build out to windows update, so everyone will be getting it

It works fabulously!

Did it "just work" for you when you installed 10586, or did you have to re-do any Aero Glass settings? In my case, I'm going to have to reconstruct the settings and choices I'd made. Shoulda taken notes when I did it the first time, as talk about "theme atlases" and so forth doesn't exactly roll off my tongue.  :)

--JorgeA

didn't work at all, after update it won't boot up, just sits there with a blinking cursor

It works fabulously!

--JorgeA

It worked straight away. No issues.