Aero Glass for Win8.1+ 1.4.1

bigmuscle

Well, things have certainly came a long ways since I first used this when it was in alpha and beta quality on Windows 8. Now it has a dedicated forum, and works across all the new Windows versions. But a bunch of stuff under the hood has changed. If this is still the best place to ask a question, I'll continue. Is there some way to temporarily disable Aero glass without rebooting or uninstalling it? It'd be nice if there was a way to automate disabling it when a game is launched or something. May help performance wise.

Also, are there any good places to look for a PNG to use with CustomThemeReflection? I really liked the stripe effect on 7, and have missed it more than all the transparency and blur stuff. Feel free to recommend any good ones.

Edited by MikeRL

You can always open task manager, go to details, then end aerohost.exe.  Then you can end dwm.exe.  It will restart, and aeroglass won't be running.  Perhaps you can create a batch file to do this automatically.  I would think this is possible.  To restart it go to task scheduler, and highlight aeroglass task, and click run.

Edited by dhjohns

Also, are there any good places to look for a PNG to use with CustomThemeReflection? I really liked the stripe effect on 7, and have missed it more than all the transparency and blur stuff. Feel free to recommend any good ones.

There aren‘t many and the ones which are created are usually distributed with visual styles but can be easily be extracted. Here‘s the one which comes with Aero Glass app, it looks like it was extracted from Windows 7:

1VMkR9Q.png

Th2 fall update has arived for the insiders en wil be released soon for the general public should be build 10586 has no watermark and is not time bombed

Edited by endbase

Th2 fall update has arived for the insiders en wil be released soon for the general public should be build 10586 has now watermark and is not time bombed

build 10586 has no watermark

Soory typo on my side ! corrected it thx !

Edited by endbase

Th2 fall update has arived for the insiders en wil be released soon for the general public should be build 10586 has no watermark and is not time bombed

...and some of the real programs got nice ag-effect too..qDlEpoo.png

Nice! So it comes with transparency and white minimize/maximize/restore/close buttons without third-party software or was that a tweak you installed?

Nice! So it comes with transparency and white minimize/maximize/restore/close buttons without third-party software or was that a tweak you installed?

I would think he would had tweaked it himself. As I'm using Windows 10 Build 10586 and it still uses the same theme as always

Edited by daveo76

I would think he would had tweaked it himself. As I'm using Windows 10 Build 10586 and it still uses the same theme as always

Yep same her deinstalled Aero for now

...and some of the real programs got nice ag-effect too..qDlEpoo.png

Just std! not all metro works doo....Just notised that text on left is white today, stange: ptZ0CZd.png

Edited by mikedigitize

no theme, but I have BMs AreoGlass GUI but only to turn text orange.0JVky6d.png