Aero Glass for Win8.1+ 1.4.1

bigmuscle

Yeah, I really do not understand why people install some beta versions of OS and then are surprised that something does not work there and they have a need to inform us about improper functionality with every new test build. Especially, when I said many times that I don't develop Aero Glass for the testing OS versions.

Well I understand why I inform you, bigmuscle of improper functionality with every test build.  It is because I care, and perhaps it will help you to develop AeroGlass for th2 when it is released.  I do not expect it to work properly with each, and every test build.  I am happy when it does.

And what are you expecting from me? That I will completely reimplement it for every new test build?

Yeah, I really do not understand why people install some beta versions of OS and then are surprised that something does not work there and they have a need to inform us about improper functionality with every new test build. Especially, when I said many times that I don't develop Aero Glass for the testing OS versions.

Well I understand why I inform you, bigmuscle of improper functionality with every test build.  It is because I care, and perhaps it will help you to develop AeroGlass for th2 when it is released.  I do not expect it to work properly with each, and every test build.  I am happy when it does.

And what are you expecting from me? That I will completely reimplement it for every new test build?

lol, not at all.  Not at all.

developer,

The key is dependent on your CPU model and your HDD/SSD

..... I'm sorry, but why when you reinstall the same operating system on the same laptop, change the machine code, and the same key is not suitable?

You can have as many different operating systems as you want on a machine, installed on as many hard drives as you want or are capable of having.  Just so long as they all boot from the same boot sector, you only need ONE key.

Edited by dhjohns

I suggest:

http://glass8.eu/login.html

Log in, then note your Machine Code and re-download to make sure you have the right key file for that machine.  I've made mistakes myself and accidentally had the wrong donation.key file in place.  It's easy to do when copying the contents of the Aero Glass folder around.

If your machine code is not listed, you could Deactivate whatever key you want and (assuming you've donated a sufficient amount) generate a new one.  You'll regain the use of the one that's deactivated after a time.

-Noel

developer,

The key is dependent on your CPU model and your HDD/SSD

..... I'm sorry, but why when you reinstall the same operating system on the same laptop, change the machine code, and the same key is not suitable?

Actually, this should not happen and the key (and machine code) should stay same. Some users already reported this to me in the past but when I asked for more details, it always ended without any more feedback from them so I could not look at it more. I believe it is some very rare driver issue but I cannot analyse it without checking both installations (with different key) on the same system (especially what HDD ID is returned from system).

Actually, this should not happen and the key (and machine code) should stay same. Some users already reported this to me in the past but when I asked for more details, it always ended without any more feedback from them so I could not look at it more. I believe it is some very rare driver issue but I cannot analyse it without checking both installations (with different key) on the same system (especially what HDD ID is returned from system).

... I understand, though strangely enough, why such a machine code was issued after reinstalled a couple of times and the code has not been changed, but not fundamentally, the key is deactivated and the left there is another generation.

Hey bigmuscle, I had a question and I can't recall if I asked it before (my sincere apologies if so)...

I see you don't have a ModernFrame.dll link on your web page any more (unless I missed it somewhere there).  Is the attempt to clean up Modern App window chrome something you're no longer developing?

-Noel

Hey bigmuscle, I had a question and I can't recall if I asked it before (my sincere apologies if so)...

I see you don't have a ModernFrame.dll link on your web page any more (unless I missed it somewhere there).  Is the attempt to clean up Modern App window chrome something you're no longer developing?

-Noel

When I needed an updated DLL file but I had portable installation I extracted files from official installer and then put ModernFrame.dll to my portable installation directory.