Aero Glass for Win8.1+ 1.4.1

bigmuscle

Aeroglass is working on build 10558.  No difference from build 10547.

What about the symbols.

No symbols.  LOL, it is a  leaked build.

I thought so. But you did say there was no difference lol

@BM - is there any way you would look at the key so it is not locked to the hard drive but only the motherboard - i have a couple of laptops that i would like to put aeroglass on but the drives can and do change as i move things round - so locking aeroglass to that part of the laptop is a pain - unlike a desktop the motherboard is unlikely to change on a laptop

@BM - is there any way you would look at the key so it is not locked to the hard drive but only the motherboard - i have a couple of laptops that i would like to put aeroglass on but the drives can and do change as i move things round - so locking aeroglass to that part of the laptop is a pain - unlike a desktop the motherboard is unlikely to change on a laptop

Increase donating to get few keys. Like I had done.

Increase donating to get few keys. Like I had done.

thats one way - i prefer mine - i prefer a one time key that is not locked to the system but paranoia prevails so thats not going to happen so why not link to the one think that is not likely to change - certainly in a laptop - to link the key to a hard drive is hardly the best way - certainly today with ssd's being added to existing systems 

Hard drive changing is just a fake problem. Nobody needs to change his SSD/HDD every day and still around. Someone may want to replace his old disk with new one but this happens once, maximally twice - and that's why everyone gets at least two keys from me. If someone needs to change disk more often then he cannot wonder that limiting his donation to small value will not give him million privileges.

Hard drive changing is just a fake problem. Nobody needs to change his SSD/HDD every day and still around. Someone may want to replace his old disk with new one but this happens once, maximally twice - and that's why everyone gets at least two keys from me. If someone needs to change disk more often then he cannot wonder that limiting his donation to small value will not give him million privileges.

with respect - you may think that - but there are people [me for one] who does such things - i buy and sell used hard drives and ssd's - so they are tested in laptops - its not good enough to test them in an external enclosure as problems can show if they are used as a boot drive rather than an external drive - so they are fitted as boot drives and the os cloned to them 

you may see that as a fake problem - it is not - i am simply asking - to lock the software to the motherboard is fair enough if thats what you want but why more

I probably don't understand this situation because it makes no sense to me. Why is there a need for Aero Glass if those disks in laptop are used for testing only? :dubbio:

its just the look - fully agree that it matters not but i usually test the drive in the laptop for a week or so on and off with everything fully installed - so its nice to have things as i want it 

it does not add to the testing just the look and feel when i use the laptop 

my broad point is is it really needed to lock aeroglass to a harddrive - not sure even microsoft do that these days - a motherboard change - fair enough or to a specific motherboard which then locks it to a single pc or laptop i assume is surely enough protection to stop against illegal spreading of your software

I probably don't understand this situation because it makes no sense to me. Why is there a need for Aero Glass if those disks in laptop are used for testing only? :dubbio:

its just the look - fully agree that it matters not but i usually test the drive in the laptop for a week or so on and off with everything fully installed - so its nice to have things as i want it 

my broad point is is it really needed to lock aeroglass to a harddrive - not sure even microsoft do that these days - a motherboard change - fair enough or to a specific motherboard which then locks it to a single pc or laptop i assume is surely enough protection to stop against illegal spreading of your software

Is it not easier if key generating would be that you could change once a week then for example

Edited by endbase

Is it not easier if key generating would be that you could change once a week then for example

If you are just testing then what is the problem with the free version of Aeroglass with the copy hardware key, and a watermark?

If you are just testing then what is the problem with the free version of Aeroglass with the copy hardware key, and a watermark?

there is no problem as such - thats what i do now - i simply asked a question to something that i see as not needed - i think the whole donation model flawed but the author has the right to do what he wants - its his software and copyright 

Hypothetically speaking...  Consider that the author might run afoul of Microsoft legally if he tried to directly monetize the product.  Or there might be local laws he must abide by.  It's possible he knows the morality and capability of those in the "file sharing" world better than others.  I only mention these things to illustrate that there could be influences that people here haven't thought of.  Or it could just be arbitrary choice.  In any case, it is what it is.

Personally I'm very happy Big Muscle has put his talents into this software.  Aero Glass for Win 8+ is what has allowed me to have a functional, stable, and great looking Win 8.1 desktop that suits my needs very well every day.  I donated and I helped with the testing and feel proud to have been a small part of its success.

He's done it as well for Windows 10, and my test system desktop looks great for it, but I can't see myself adopting Windows 10 any time soon for other reasons.  Maybe after we see what Microsoft does with the November release...

-Noel

Hypothetically speaking...  Consider that the author might run afoul of Microsoft legally if he tried to directly monetize the product.  Or there might be local laws he must abide by.  It's possible he knows the morality and capability of those in the "file sharing" world better than others.  I only mention these things to illustrate that there could be influences that people here haven't thought of.  Or it could just be arbitrary choice.  In any case, it is what it is.

Personally I'm very happy Big Muscle has put his talents into this software.  Aero Glass for Win 8+ is what has allowed me to have a functional, stable, and great looking Win 8.1 desktop that suits my needs very well every day.  I donated and I helped with the testing and feel proud to have been a small part of its success.

He's done it as well for Windows 10, and my test system desktop looks great for it, but I can't see myself adopting Windows 10 any time soon for other reasons.  Maybe after we see what Microsoft does with the November release...

-Noel

cannot argue with any of that - as i say i just think the locking to a harddrive as well as the motherboard seems ott

It is IMHO there is only a base lexical issue.

Once said that BigMuscle has all the rights in the world (+1) to do whatever he wants with the products of his abilities :), and to sell accept donations in exchange for licenses for it in any way he likes (+1) and conversely to make sure that a proper license is on the PC through whatever technical means he finds suitable (+1) the whole business of "forced donation" and "free version" remains only "nagware" or "shareware" by another name and it smells as sweet or as rotten (smell is in the nose of the sniffer ;)) as the original "properly named" formula.

The (nice :)) twist about the guessing game about the minimal amount of donation that will be enough to obtain a license is only marginal IMHO.

Still it is curious how *somehow* this particular product attracts so many people whining/criticizing/commenting about the licensing scheme :unsure:.

jaclaz

It is IMHO there is only a base lexical issue.

Once said that BigMuscle has all the rights in the world (+1) to do whatever he wants with the products of his abilities :), and to sell accept donations in exchange for licenses for it in any way he likes (+1) and conversely to make sure that a proper license is on the PC through whatever technical means he finds suitable (+1) the whole business of "forced donation" and "free version" remains only "nagware" or "shareware" by another name and it smells as sweet or as rotten (smell is in the nose of the sniffer ;)) as the original "properly named" formula.

The (nice :)) twist about the guessing game about the minimal amount of donation that will be enough to obtain a license is only marginal IMHO.

Still it is curious how *somehow* this particular product attracts so many people whining/criticizing/commenting about the licensing scheme :unsure:.

jaclaz

Much software which has a trial version only lasts for 30 days or so.  I think people should be grateful.