Aero Glass for Win8.1+ 1.4.1

bigmuscle

Does it have to spell it out?  BigMuscle's first language is not English so give him a break for goodness sake.  When you donate he acknowledges it with an email, as stated on that page, it will allow you to install AeroGlass without the Watermark

How do you know anything in life?

It's not a paid version.  It's not commercial software at all.  It's donationware and the author usually chooses to do a nice favor for nice folks who donate.  Others have told you donating has lead to their being able to use it without the watermark.  They've put up screenshots without the watermark.

If you don't want to go by their experience, or if you don't want to donate, just use it with the watermark.  Or don't use it at all.  Entirely your choice, and a very simple one.

-Noel

Which does not like the watermark to donate, yet man is making a working vision of windovs 10 look better, and you do not want to donate examples with watermark.

Sorry for the bad English, google translator, but I think you understand me.  :)

beauty ba1235c42e107fb6.JPG

Edited by jofkata81

Hi Everyone. I have installed AeroGlass on my fresh Windows 10 install. It’s activated and I’ve downloaded the separate GUI editor. I downloaded a separate style off here and it works well with the red “X” which is what I was after. The only thing it is missing is the white blur behind the window title text as per Windows 7. How do I apply that?

Which windows?  I ask because the white blur behind the text for ribbon-enabled windows is achieved a different way than for other windows.

• Big Muscle's Aero Glass Configuration GUI Tool can be used to set the title glow up generally, though your theme atlas may need some work to supply the right colored / density glow.

• Big Muscle's UxThemeSignatureBypass contains something to help restore the title glow to Explorer, WordPad, and other ribbon-enabled windows.

• Big Muscle's ModernFrame helps make Modern App window chrome look like the theme, and thus support title glow.

-Noel

This works really well and appears bug-free.  Can't download the GUI Configuration Tool--when I click on it just get a bunch of code.

I‘ve just checked this with Firefox, there‘s no issue. A .7Z file is downloaded and can be extracted.

This works really well and appears bug-free.  Can't download the GUI Configuration Tool--when I click on it just get a bunch of code.

I‘ve just checked this with Firefox, there‘s no issue. A .7Z file is downloaded and can be extracted.

Thanks!  I was using IE11--works with Firefox.

The border issue on 10532 goes away if you use the GUI program to set the color opacity down

19kTwgP.png

http://i.imgur.com/19kTwgP.png

Its perfectly usable on the latest build just some flickering on the start screen is the only problem I found. If we could get an option to hide the "Aero Glass does not know how to hook your version of DWM." message on startup that would be great.

Other than that great work.

Yea, it is a bummer to have an error message pop up on log in, but how else would we know that Aeroglass failed to hook.  I suppose just so long as it works it is ok.  Whether it hooks or not is basically irrelevant.

Please forgive the dumb noobish question as I have yet to install Windows 10 but am I right in assuming everyone gets thiserror message popup when you run AeroGlass under Windows 10 or is it only in certain instances? I recall I used to get this for a while when running AeroGlass in Windows 8 but no longer - perhaps when 8.1 was installed but can't remember when exactly it disappeared. Sounds trivial I know but I've just spent shed-loads on components for a new PC with Win 10 & definitely want to keep AeroGlass but not keen on having an error message popup unavoidably on my shiny new PC every time I boot-up. Please tell me I can avoid it!

PS Before anyone flames me on this I am more than happy to pay BM for his outstanding efforts on this. well worth it for the value!

Thanks

am I right in assuming everyone gets thiserror message popup when you run AeroGlass under Windows 10 or is it only in certain instances?

What version of Windows 10 are you talking about?  What error message?

I don't get any pop-up at all from Aero Glass with Win 10 build 10240.  And the product works perfectly.

If you're expecting it to work perfectly with the very latest pre-release build, well that's a bit optimistic.  See this page for info on that:  http://www.glass8.eu/win_future.html

-Noel