Aero Glass for Win8.1+ 1.4.1

bigmuscle

Sure, you can. And if it does not work, you can deactivate old key and generate a new one a bit later.

Thank you, how do I do that?  Sorry, old man's memory lapse.

Edit: Ignore, have redonated.  The trouble is I thought I had stored your email and somehow it was lost.

Now have it sorted out....I think.

Edited by Ex_Brit

No magic. Neither one of these system has taskbar blur by default thus it only depends which technique you used to enable it.

Its Classic Shell in both systems.

I can you show some screenshots to demonstrate this magic.

1:http://postimg.org/image/fqrgdxbob/

2:http://postimg.org/image/ids992oo9/

..taken from my win 8.1 system..

in win 10 this slider doesnt change anything on taskbar..

I use Classic Shell on Windows 10. For Windows 10 it uses blur for taskbar from Windows 10 own blur. It doesn't use aeroglass blur. That why using aeroglass tools has no effect on the taskbar. Some people on here have mentioned how to get taskbar blur from aeroglass working.

Then ask Classic Shell developer why he uses different techniques for Win8.1 and Win10.

I had that discussion with him when he removed the accent that Aero Glass for Win 8+ uses. What we have now is what he replaced it with. I think he felt that using the Win 10 native blur is simply more useful overall for folks who are not using Big Muscle's tool.

Blame Microsoft for returning a half-a$$ed rendition of Aero Glass to try to placate users who wrote numerous feedbacks.

-Noel

I even mentioned to him (classicshell) about the same thing. But I never got a replied back

@BigMuscle thanks for the new update. Still works well for me. But I'm curious why lately you don't announce that you released a update and a new msfn link. Since v1.4 I find out about the new updates from members mentioning about the new update and then I do a search on msfn to find your new forum

I use Classic Shell on Windows 10. For Windows 10 it uses blur for taskbar from Windows 10 own blur. It doesn't use aeroglass blur. That why using aeroglass tools has no effect on the taskbar. Some people on here have mentioned how to get taskbar blur from aeroglass working.

And i finally figured out how to achieved that!

I use SetWindowCompositionAttribute and finally get old taskbar blur style.

@BigMuscle thanks for the new update. Still works well for me. But I'm curious why lately you don't announce that you released a update and a new msfn link. Since v1.4 I find out about the new updates from members mentioning about the new update and then I do a search on msfn to find your new forum

Isn't that what this thread is?  An announcement of the availability of the new version?

Or are you thinking of eMail?

It's actually fairly difficult to eMail a large number of people.  It's easy to get blocked and labeled as a spammer.

-Noel

Isn't that what this thread is?  An announcement of the availability of the new version?

Or are you thinking of eMail?

It's actually fairly difficult to eMail a large number of people.  It's easy to get blocked and labeled as a spammer.

-Noel

No Im not talking about email. Im talking about not mentioning about new updates and link to new msfn forum link on previous forum. Like this. I had to search on msfn to find a link to his new update to find this

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/174355-aero-glass-for-win81-14/

Edited by daveo76

You didn't see this very thread appear, pinned right at the top of the forum?

I'm not being critical, I'm just wondering how you would suggest he should announce a new version if not this way.

-Noel

No it never appread for me on right st the top of his previous forum. How I would announce a new update is put up a post about it in the forum with a link leading to a new forum created.

I think you are getting your terminology confused.  MSFN is the forum.  If you go to member contributed projects, and click on Aeroglass for Windows 8+ you will see all the threads that have been started.  This is a thread.  There are categories of threads.  This one is in Aeroglass for Windows 8+ under Member Contributed Projects, all of which are in the MSFN Forum.