Possible to change look of Windows 10 Taskbar?

Delicieuxz

Added support for Taskband2Composited::TaskBand2 skin part

http://startisback.com/StartIsBackPlusPlus_setup.exe

Thanks Tihiy, that's working great as well but it seems I forgot to ask for a few extra classes, could you please add support for the following:

Taskband2CompositedSmallIcons::TaskBand2

Taskband2CompositedVertical::TaskBand2

Taskband2CompositedSmallIconsVertical::TaskBand2

If you could add those it would be great, thanks mate.

I chose not to. Vertical images are already contained in Taskband2Composited::TaskBand2 and I don't see how small icons texture should be different from large icons texture, if taskbar texture does not differ. Or you do have skins with different small and large icons textures? Or does this break skins?

Edited by Tihiy

I chose not to. Vertical images are already contained in Taskband2Composited::TaskBand2 and I don't see how small icons texture should be different from large icons texture, if taskbar texture does not differ. Or you do have skins with different small and large icons textures? Or does this break skins?

Yeah your right about the vertical taskbar, I did some more testing and figured it out, the small taskbar support would be good though as I do use them allot because sometimes it's not possible to use the same image for the small taskbar, not sure how easy this is for you, you seem to have no limit to the talent and possibilities with this stuff, maybe you can also add back support for the Task Item button and the system tray button states and system tray background.

TrayNotifyHorizOpen::Button

TrayNotifyHoriz::Button

TrayNotifyHoriz::TrayNotify

TrayNotifyVertOpen::Button

TrayNotifyVert:Button

TrayNotifyVert::TrayNotify

Okay, I will add support for other states (or just small icons?) for full msstyles.

Tray flyout button is tempting, since it's easier to do, but what about notify icons, clock, etc? Are they supported by Win10?

Okay, I will add support for other states (or just small icons?) for full msstyles.

Tray flyout button is tempting, since it's easier to do, but what about notify icons, clock, etc? Are they supported by Win10?

Small Icons should be fine mate, Vertical ones are not needed as they are covered as you already mentioned, as far as I know notify icons, clock, etc are supported, if you want me to do some private testing on my VM just let me know.

Any idea if it could be possible to skin the Task Item Buttons? there is still an image there that was used during some of the early insider previews but it no longer does anything.

Just thought I would share a screen of a theme of mine only made possible using SiB (Start Is Back) and ONE (old New Explorer) with the recently added Taskbar skinning :)

1zbt5jo.jpg

Also Tihiy I hope we can get the system tray button back to 3 states, also if possible can it be unrestricted with the size as it used to be, if you look at my image half the button is chopped off.

• 2 weeks later...

Added support for TaskBand2CompositedSmallIcons::TaskBand2 part

Added support for TrayNotify*::Button 3-state images (sizing is still hardcoded, unfortunately)

http://startisback.com/StartIsBackPlusPlus_setup.exe

Aaand I think that's it for 1.2.

Happy new year Tihiy,

Any chance the TrayNotify sizing can be changed so it's no longer hard coded, also would absalutly love it if the task item buttons could be theamable again :)

<...> also would absalutly love it if the task item buttons could be theamable again :)

I'm voting for this too. Recently discovered customizable taskbars in Windows 10 definitely brought more life and style to my UI.