Win 10 remove to spyware?

kartel

I think you probably meant NTLite.

Try the free version to see what it can do.
Only telemetry from that list is in the licensed version only.

But first test if you like the free version, if you plan on purchasing.

I think you probably meant NTLite.

Try the free version to see what it can do.

Only telemetry from that list is in the licensed version only.

But first test if you like the free version, if you plan on purchasing.

So what is the approach that NTLite takes to remove telemetry? Changing the host file, disabling the service, or removing the related packages by dism.exe? Telemetry seems to be a very complicated stuff and seems to be extremeley hard to disable completely. Warez team even release a dedicated tool to disable it, and that open source tool is even been identified as malware by some antivirus software and M$ itself.

Edited by testplayer

None of the above. It removes all traces of the components in charge of that functionality. Next version takes care of few more leftovers.

I agree hosts blocking on top of that is recommended, but I won't be tackling that at the moment, and it makes more sense to do it in the router instead.

That is very monopolistic if Microsoft is doing it for the reason we suspect they do. Sometimes tools are flagged as potential malware even if completely acceptable, due to other reasons like binary compression or not being digitally signed.

None of the above. It removes all traces of the components in charge of that functionality. Next version takes care of few more leftovers.

When I use NTLite's component removal section, it always pops up a warning regarding permanent change to the OS. What I really want is keep the components and system files of OS, and disable Telemetry as completely as possible. Removing some system files/components always results in some possibility of instability or weird behaviors of the OS, so what can NTLite do to the Telemetry without removing system files/components?

testplayer, there is only removal option for Telemetry in NTLite. For tweaking/disabling there are plenty of tools out there, maybe later I add those tweaks too (I now add some after removal to make those tools see that it's "disabled").

• 4 months later...