Transplant NT4 VM to real hardware

Hello!, im having some trouble on doing this.

I have a Virtual box NT4 machine, i installed uniata, and the universal graphics driver. Well the problem is, i have in the netbook, Windows xp and windows 8.1 in dual boot, the boot partition is on FAT32 format (i installed the fat32 driver for nt4, also have the boot files from xp).

How i make a partition bootable? Boot files are on the active partition that has the xp and 8.1 boot files, but the partition that has NT4 isnt bootable,

It depends on how you want to boot it (i.e. using only MS tools/boot files or if you want to use a third party boot manager) and there are likely a number of other possible issues much more likely to apply besides making a partition bootable, typically the position, size, geometry of the NT boot partition and the file system used (and using a FAT32 driver on a NT 4.00 boot volume even if possible may have a long series of strings attached :unsure:).

But I don't understand.

Is the NT 4.00 inside a VM (i.e. it is on a disk image) or outside it? 

And you want to boot it from a physicaldrive "directly" on real hardware or as a VM?

Try to describe in more detail what you have and what you would like to obtain as a result.

jaclaz

No. :no:

That's not how it works, 'round here.

Please do edit your previous post and at the very least give a pointer to which topic you found the solution in.

Otherwise nobody will ever benefit from this except yourself.

Yes, sorry. Starting from this post:

"

1) Install base NT4 system in virtual environment.

2) Apply Service Pack 6a & Post-Service Pack 6a SRP.

3) Install VBEMP (video) and Uniata (EIDE-SATA-ATAPI) drivers

4) Clone this system from virtual environment to real hardware

"

on step 1, i installed NT4 with different language (so program files folder isnt the same as xp, bacause its on the same drive).On step 3 i disabled Pagefile,

I did that, but i installed the fat32 driver, also replaced boot files with xp ones, because if you use the nt4 boot files NT4 complains about config\SYSTEM.

The winnt folder and program files folder is on the same drive for XP.