VMware4

codeblue

Trying to Shhhhhh quitely install VMware4. Created an administrative installation image using the giude found on the vmware site, but am a bit lost as to how to write it into my RunOnceEx.

This is what i have:

msiexec -i "%CDROM%\Software\VMwareWorkstation.msi" INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files\VMware4.exe" ADDLOCAL=ALL /qn USERNAME=flob SERIALNUMBER=****-****-****-****REBOOT=ReallySuppress
and this is how i've entered it into my RunOnceEx.cmd:
REG ADD %KEY%\215 /VE /D "VMware 4.5.1-7568" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\215 /V 1 /D msiexec -i "%CDROM%\Software\VMware4\VMwareWorkstation.msi" INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files\VMware4.exe" ADDLOCAL=ALL /qn USERNAME=flob SERIALNUMBER=****-****-****-****REBOOT=ReallySuppress /f

Is this OK?

REG ADD %KEY%\215 /V 1 /D "msiexec -i \"%CDROM%\Software\VMware4\VMwareWorkstation.msi\" INSTALLDIR=\"C:\Program Files\VMware4.exe\" ADDLOCAL=ALL /qn USERNAME=flob SERIALNUMBER=****-****-****-**** REBOOT=ReallySuppress" /f

Execute the file then check the registry to see if its output correctly.

REG ADD %KEY%\215 /V 1 /D "msiexec -i \"%CDROM%\Software\VMware4\VMwareWorkstation.msi\" INSTALLDIR=\"C:\Program Files\VMware4.exe\" ADDLOCAL=ALL /qn USERNAME=flob SERIALNUMBER=****-****-****-**** REBOOT=ReallySuppress" /f

Execute the file then check the registry to see if its output correctly.

having difficulty installing VMware although i follow the guide given.any clues guys :)

"msiexec -i \"%CDROM%\Softwares\VMware4\VMwareWorkstation.msi\" INSTALLDIR=\"C:\Program Files\VMware4.exe\" ADDLOCAL=ALL /qn USERNAME=Mann SERIALNUMBER=****-*****-*****-***** REBOOT=ReallySuppress" /f

What sort of problems?

I still have issues when VMware installs but i think that due to installing it within a virtual VMware machine. Havent tryed installing it on a pc yet.

You know you've put:

\Softwares\

with an 's' at the end.

What sort of problems?

I still have issues when VMware installs but i think that due to installing it within a virtual VMware machine.  Havent tryed installing it on a pc yet.

You know you've put:

\Softwares\

with an 's' at the end.

i put all my application under the folder "softwares".the problem is that VMware is not install even on a pc or virtual.did follow all the command stated but VMware still refused to install.any hint AaronXP :):rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Vmware instaled and worked fine for me I tested Vmware buy launching it in my vmware console

the problem you might be haveing if you are useing the run once method is that the command line entry has lots of quotes in it and you have to make sure you have a \" instead of a "

oops after looking at your entry I see the quotes are correct the only thing diffrent on my netry besides the name/sn# and directorys is I have \"'s around my username might give it a try and double check the dir paths

also my msi is named Vmware Workstation.msi