Windows 10 , How to make Taskbar get Aero ?

Sure ..

• ThemeAtlas: clssharp by Kankipappa (here)
  • Explorer like Windows 7: OldNewExplorer
  • Start Menu: StartIsBack++ (this allows legacy start menu and modern start menu simultaneously in addition to choosing taskbar colour, opacity and blur)
  • Taskbar blur: TaskbarBlurToggle (it achieves better blur than provided by StarIsBack++)

I tried all the software you mentioned and was not able to achieve anything close to your screenshot.

Can you post a screenshot of what you have achieved so far?

Actually, me too. I'm stuck at the taskbar blur level. I tried to use TaskbarBlurToggle with StartIsBack and personalisation utility from winaero, but intensity slider affect only windows borders but not taskbar itself(((

The same with AeroGlassGui, blur effect radius and glass reflection intensity doesnt affect taskbar in win10.

For both of you, it is a combination of programs and settings that should be done at the same time. Taskbar should be set to use brighter color so color intensity can be visually noticeable. Setting color intensity without brighter taskbar will make very small difference that can go unnoticed. Without setting both, you would not see the blur effect because it is already almost opaque and dark. Take a look on my photo album here so you can get an idea of how the taskbar will look with different color intensity and with/without StartIsBack.

Now, back again to my list to achieve my previously posted images:

• ThemeAtlas: I use clssharp by Kankipappa (here) and I assume you all know how to set a custom theme atlas.
  • Explorer like Windows 7: OldNewExplorer
  • Start Menu: StartIsBack++ (the one thing we need from this utility is that it allow setting custom taskbar color with custom translucency and you should check my photo album for the settings)
  • Taskbar blur: TaskbarBlurToggle (it does work!)
  • Personalization: Either using personalization utility from winaero or the hidden built-in one (to set color intensity to 0%).

I have not use AeroGlassGui for anything but setting the theme atlas.

Taskbar should be set to use brighter color so color intensity can be visually noticeable. Setting color intensity without brighter taskbar will make very small difference that can go unnoticed. Without setting both, you would not see the blur effect because it is already almost opaque and dark.

I clearly understand that. But my problem is this:

intensity slider affect only windows borders but not taskbar itself

Personalization: Either using personalization utility from winaero or the hidden built-in one (to set color intensity to 0%).

Can you give me a link where i can read about how to enable built-in personalization?

And thanks again for detailed information!!

intensity slider affect only windows borders but not taskbar itself

Excuse me but, have you taken a closer look into the photo album I shared? I gave examples of different color intensity levels (0%, 50% and 100%) to see how they affect the taskbar. I also intended to show the pictures with and without StartIsBack so you see that StartIsBack IS NEEDED. You also NEED to configure SIB by ticking "Use custom taskbar coloring" in Appearance section and move the corresponding slider to somewhere around 25% for example and this is also shown in the photo album.

Can you give me a link where i can read about how to enable built-in personalization?

Nothing to read about really. Just make a shortcut with this location: 

%windir%\System32\rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL desk.cpl,Advanced,@Advanced

Excuse me but, have you taken a closer look into the photo album I shared? I gave examples of different color intensity levels (0%, 50% and 100%) to see how they affect the taskbar. I also intended to show the pictures with and without StartIsBack so you see that StartIsBack IS NEEDED. You also NEED to configure SIB by ticking "Use custom taskbar coloring" in Appearance section and move the corresponding slider to somewhere around 25% for example and this is also shown in the photo album.

Yes i have. I changing color intenisty slider position with having SIB "custom taskbar coloring" setting as on yours screen. No effect for the taskbar. I will show you all needed screenshots when i will be at home with my Win10 machine.

Nothing to read about really. Just make a shortcut with this location: 

%windir%\System32\rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL desk.cpl,Advanced,@Advanced

Thanks for hint!

ahmedsalahais, you have now my undying gratefulness for yours patience!

This is my result:

http://postimg.org/image/3pwon2lfv/

As far as I can see, the intensity is about the same for taskbar and window borders. Your taskbar already bright, have blur and glass reflection. One thing I noticed, you have too much glass reflection. I used AeroGlassGUI to reduce Glass reflection intensity to 25%. Other than that, I can't see the problem you have from the screenshot.

One thing I noticed, you have too much glass reflection.

Other than that, I can't see the problem you have from the screenshot.

Thats because i like it better configured this way. Everything is works fine now, i just wanted to show you that i finally did it!

Thats because i like it better configured this way. Everything is works fine now, i just wanted to show you that i finally did it!

Great!

Now since you are done I have an issue and want to see if you have it too. Open any system notification icon (power, sound, wireless, action center, .. etc.) and move the mouse cursor on the notification area. I see some artifacts that keep appearing on the opened menu as you can see in this video: https://youtu.be/uz8yq7Fni_o. Can you reproduce the same issue?

PS: I had to record with phone as taking screenshots/video capture does not show the artifacts. This could imply it's a graphic driver issue as the rendered display (which what is recorded on image/video) is clean.

EDIT:

Disabling the blur solves these artifacts so blur has something to do with it. Also I tried the other way to get blur without the toggle (i.e. using SetWindowCompositionAttribute) and the artifacts appeared as well. The common between both methods I thing is AeroGlass/DWM and graphic driver.

Edited by ahmedsalahais

A couple of things to do:

• In StartIsBack settings, enable "Use custom taskbar coloring" and set the slider beside it to something around 25%.
  • In Windows 10 Settings > Personalisation > Colors > enable both "Show color on Start ..." and "Make Start, taskbar ..."
Edited by ahmedsalahais

ahmedsalahais, yes i can confirm that i am also have this issue..I am now not at my Win 10 system, but later i can attach some screenshots to confirm it. I think this must be related to thew fact that as daveo76 wrote in "Aeroglass 1.4.1 theme":

"For Windows 10 it uses blur for taskbar from Windows 10 own blur. It doesn't use aeroglass blur"

Not trying to promote any payware here specifically, but I achieve the desired effect by using Glass 8 with Stardock's "Start 10" start menu replacement. Within that program you can control the blur strength (sliding percentage scale) of the taskbar, or even add custom textures to it. I've set mine at 40%.

post-408782-0-58278700-1441536599_thumb.

I think this must be related to thew fact that as daveo76 wrote in "Aeroglass 1.4.1 theme":

"For Windows 10 it uses blur for taskbar from Windows 10 own blur. It doesn't use aeroglass blur"

That's an important statement about ClassicShell and I guess same apply for StartIsBack. So the options we have for now to have taskbar blur without artifacts in other areas not supported by AeroGlass are either:

• Use the not so good taskbar blur implementation bu SIB/CS
  • Use TaskbarBlurToggle or SetWindowCompositionAttribute method while having:
    • Transparency for start, taskbar, action center, ... etc are disabled in Windows Settings
    • Alternative taskbar coloring is applied through SIB or CS.

Not trying to promote any payware here specifically ..

Of course not .. rest assured we here aim for the result no matter which software to use whether free or not. The choice thereafter is everyone's decision.

... I achieve the desired effect by using Glass 8 with Stardock's "Start 10" start menu replacement. Within that program you can control the blur strength (sliding percentage scale) of the taskbar, or even add custom textures to it. I've set mine at 40%.

Thanks for putting our attention to Start 10 (I lost faith in Stardock products long ago) but I will try this one ...